The Official Guitar Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's here.. and I am at work...

Usually UPS delivers at 5 or 6PM so I went to work.. the one time they delivered at 9AM..

rrr_img_128239.jpg

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I love the warpig. I think it's on it's way to being the next 81, but for a little while here at least a really unique, ballsy sounding pickup.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Interested in your take on those. I've always wanted to see one in person just to say I've got some understanding of the build quality. I'd assume it's pretty high. They started pretty boutique and guitars made in Japan are still obviously highly regarded. They just got so much metalcore hype back in the early 00s. For the price I assume you're paying you could get a USA Jackson Soloist. I have one of the mahogany body/neck versions and it's right up there with my PRS in build quality.
So I finally got to sit down with this thing. Gave it a proper setup, set it up in C standard with a wound 3rd string.

This thing fucking shreds. It's hands down the best guitar I've ever played. Neck is fairly thin, different shape than a Wizard but it's pretty comparable. The quality on this guitar is top notch. I'd say it's definitely worth the price tag they ask. It's absolutely the nicest playing guitar I've ever touched, and I've been playing for 20 years.

Couple pics in spoilers

rrr_img_128307.jpg

rrr_img_128308.jpg

rrr_img_128309.jpg

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
That's a nice looking guitar man, congratulations! How do you feel about the 2-4 headstock? I've got that config on my Corvette and beyond causing some oddities while tuning it after a few scotches and having to do an odd setup due to the really thick neck, crappy Burns bridge and a less than pristine nut it's my favorite guitar for using the 5 or 6 string as a drone and then actually getting to be as precise as my technique will allow me to be with the other 4 and get nice sustain and a nice, ringing, tone. You hear much difference between the 2 and the 4?

You going to gig again? That guitar looks like it needs to play for an audience.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So far no difference, but I've never heard a difference between different tuner styles. My favorite visually is straight 6 or 7, but with the elf shoe headstock on this I think it fits. Because it's double locking I haven't had any tuning issues, but the first time tuning up is a pain.

Not sure on gigging yet but I am doing a Halloween show with a buddy and some friends (forum member vittra who has the caparison horus) . Well be covering Dismember at a local places Halloween metal covers weekend. Pretty excited.

And yes we will both be rocking caparisons. I told him we should've been soilwork or arch enemy.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I don't remember if I posted this or not but I purchased a Dunable about a year ago. Really awesome experience working with Sasha on it. Outside of the standard body essentially a custom made bass from the wood choice on. Mahogany body, wenge neck, birdseye maple fingerboard. Aguilar DCB pickups.

rrr_img_128329.jpg

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah Sasha's (from Intronaut if you arent familiar with his guitars) idea to stain it to match the pick guard.

I wasn't a bass guy either until I turned into the normal guitarist looking for a band and found one wanting a bassist. At this point I've played more bass as my primary instrument more than guitar so I might as well just accept facts. I still love guitar gear though and the guitar rig in the band was pretty much built from the ground up by me.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Getting rid of the bkp warpig for a black winter bridge. The warpig in my 7 sounded fucking awesome, this 6 version sounds very weak in comparison.

Seventh

Golden Squire
Getting rid of the bkp warpig for a black winter bridge. The warpig in my 7 sounded fucking awesome, this 6 version sounds very weak in comparison.
Is the Dellinger mahogany? If so, give Aftermaths a shot. If it's basswood, I can't say enough good things about the Miracle Man. Those are my go-to BKP wood/pickup recommendations. Sweet fiddle man, enjoy it!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Holy fuck the black winter is good! This is going to be my goto pickup now. Getting a set for my les Paul