The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
And I practically never go into the woods or anywhere that dead animals might be found, and yet I've seen two partial skeletons (not counting birds and the like) in my brief forays. One was probably a coyote, although it could have been a dog for all I know, and the other was a deer. But just like your anecdotal evidence, mine proves nothing either.

There is no Bigfoot, and as Caliane said, if you are actually hearing them, you could get video of them. Particularly if it is so easy to hear them. There is no Bigfoot.
ive found dead animals on the side of the road many times, but i never saw any in the woods. so yeah the lack of animal bones doesnt mean anything one way or the other. it doesnt mean something doesnt exist, but it also doesnt mean the bigfoots are burying remains. it just means the animals are scattering them around or that people arent noticing them. thats not a big mystery. serial killers have been using the woods as dumping grounds for victims for many decades. shit goes gone real fast.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
ive found dead animals on the side of the road many times, but i never saw any in the woods. so yeah the lack of animal bones doesnt mean anything one way or the other. it doesnt mean something doesnt exist, but it also doesnt mean the bigfoots are burying remains. it just means the animals are scattering them around or that people arent noticing them. thats not a big mystery. serial killers have been using the woods as dumping grounds for victims for many decades. shit goes gone real fast.
Yes, the bodies of murder victims have never been found in the woods.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
no need to be a faggot. i didnt say never.
Ones enough for Bigfoot though.

Think about the vastness of the ocean and Giant Squid were still washing up, that's why they aren't cryptids anymore.

Last edited:
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ones enough for Bigfoot though.

Think about the vastness and the ocean and Giant Squid were washing up, that's why they aren't cryptids anymore.
there was likely never a bigfoot. just people's imagination making something magical out of the unknown. like on maps there used to be crazy shit like "here they be dragons" or the strange races that were supposed to live around Britain. like the dog head race people or the race of people without heads at all. all that is irrelevant though to the fact nobody has found a bigfoot skeleton. the woods make a shitty environment for finding such things if you are looking for them. the planets need to line up for something like that to happen. when an extinct species is rediscovered its almost never on purpose. it always starts out with some rando saw something strange while on a walk and decided to report it. if its a bird or a wild cat of some sort, science MAY take a look at it. if billybob says he saw bigfoot chilling out in the woods. the only people who will look into it are other billybobs. if an actual scientist with an actual degree in sciency stuff started a serious investigation into something as discredited as bigfoot, he would be laughed right out of the scientific community. its one of the reasons why i hung on to the hopes that there could be a bigfoot. because science never took the notion seriously so something like bigfoot could fall through the cracks.

as i said, i only gave up all hope because with almost 20 years of smartphone tech. there is still no verified evidence of something zooming though the woods. the best we get is blurry shit and a bunch of hoots and hollers. i cant go with that.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
We haven't caught direct images/footage on our smart phones or cameras of an elusive species that is active at night in the middle of the forest.

Color me shocked.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
We haven't caught direct images/footage on our smart phones or cameras of an elusive species that is active at night in the middle of the forest.

Color me shocked.
There's legends of nocturnal animals but nobody had ever seen one. I hear this weird hooting at night, what could it be?

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Color me shocked.
that just sounds like excuses. the most famous bigfoot images were taken during the day. they were hoaxes, but if you're into bigfoot you think images like this are real.
giphy.gif

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
that just sounds like excuses. the most famous bigfoot images were taken during the day. they were hoaxes, but if you're into bigfoot you think images like this are real.
I'm not the one scanning for excuses. I believe in the evidence. You're using your perceptions of the information you currently have as a scapegoat instead of using your brain. Surprising. I really do expect better from you especially.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm not the one scanning for excuses. I believe in the evidence. You're using your perceptions of the information you currently have as a scapegoat instead of using your brain. Surprising. I really do expect better from you especially.
well my perception is that Bigfoot now all of a sudden being a nocturnal creature instead of an all the time creature is just a convenient way to handwave the lack of photographic evidence.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
well my perception is that Bigfoot now all of a sudden being a nocturnal creature instead of an all the time creature is just a convenient way to handwave the lack of photographic evidence.
Not at all. Every daylight video or picture is already handwaved away as fake in this field. That fake video gif you posted easily threw the subject into fakeryville with several knockoffs of daylight "encounters" on film. Or am I wrong and you believe some of the daylight stuff to be legit but very inconclusive? Given the huge amounts of $$$ these sightings generate. You don't make money making a claim. Nor fame. Just a note in a sightings datasheet. With a few exceptions of course.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
What evidence convinced you? I'm not talking about a preponderance of evidence or anything like that, I'm asking what specific thing tipped the scales for you? I'm asking this seriously, not to be a jackass, because I have seen nothing that convinces me that it isn't made up/wishful thinking/misinterpretation of events, etc. Several people I have worked with over the years are huge believers, one even claiming that he saw one as a youth in the woods of Ohio, so I've seen a lot of "evidence" and had hours and hours of discussions about it, so this isn't something I'm just jumping into. Granted, if you cite specific events I'll need some links or have to look them up because I might not know them by name, but there is a good chance I've at least heard about it once I see what it is. Well, and if it is recent I might not, as no one tries to convince me anymore. Shocking, I know!

Although that one guy on Finding Bigfoot that cooked up a bunch of bacon and then set it all around his campsite (making sure to eat a bunch of it in plain view so that the 'squatches knew it was safe, of course) is probably my favorite yet. He already was getting paid to pretend to look for Bigfoot, now he convinced them to spring for a fuckload of bacon too! Genius!

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Not at all. Every daylight video or picture is already handwaved away as fake in this field. That fake video gif you posted easily threw the subject into fakeryville with several knockoffs of daylight "encounters" on film. Or am I wrong and you believe some of the daylight stuff to be legit but very inconclusive? Given the huge amounts of $$$ these sightings generate. You don't make money making a claim. Nor fame. Just a note in a sightings datasheet. With a few exceptions of course.
Or maybe a better way to make my request would be, are there any vids or pics that you feel are legit? I feel there must be something that has convinced you, so if it is something we can all look at, show us?

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
What evidence convinced you? I'm not talking about a preponderance of evidence or anything like that, I'm asking what specific thing tipped the scales for you? I'm asking this seriously, not to be a jackass, because I have seen nothing that convinces me that it isn't made up/wishful thinking/misinterpretation of events, etc. Several people I have worked with over the years are huge believers, one even claiming that he saw one as a youth in the woods of Ohio, so I've seen a lot of "evidence" and had hours and hours of discussions about it, so this isn't something I'm just jumping into. Granted, if you cite specific events I'll need some links or have to look them up because I might not know them by name, but there is a good chance I've at least heard about it once I see what it is. Well, and if it is recent I might not, as no one tries to convince me anymore. Shocking, I know!

Although that one guy on Finding Bigfoot that cooked up a bunch of bacon and then set it all around his campsite (making sure to eat a bunch of it in plain view so that the 'squatches knew it was safe, of course) is probably my favorite yet. He already was getting paid to pretend to look for Bigfoot, now he convinced them to spring for a fuckload of bacon too! Genius!
Mmm Bacon. Now I need bacon. Thanks for that.
I was typing the antigrav post but the BF convo is too interesting to pass up. [yes for real, adhd is a bitch, apologies]
Just typing a response.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i dont handwave them away as hoax. as i said i was a bigfoot holdout. i even thought the Patterson film was legit despite every other film being debunked. i tried keeping an open mind, but no evidence in the last 20 years, is still no evidence. how long am i supposed to believe?

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
i dont handwave them away as hoax. as i said i was a bigfoot holdout. i even thought the Patterson film was legit despite every other film being debunked. i tried keeping an open mind, but no evidence in the last 20 years, is still no evidence. how long am i supposed to believe?
There is evidence from the last 20 years, but how are we to ascertain if it's legit with academia auto-rejecting any and all evidence to the contrary and a million internet sleuths making debunking claims, based upon whatever science ruleset they choose to use at the time, within moments of such evidence hitting the web? It's in the same vein as the ancient Civs evidence, sort of. Civ's are easier to hypothesize and/or prove because they are right there in front of our eyes, viewed by millions across the world, and have been a major part of scientific research at all angles for years. Yet academia scoffs at the idea, even if they are slowly coming around to the evidence being proven correct in the last year.
Why do you firmly believe what you have about ancient Civs, even though Academia has stated the opposite for centuries? If you know you cannot trust Academia for correct Civ research and other topics, how do you know to trust them about their deductions regarding this species?

Should be done typing this other post in 45 mins or so...

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There is evidence from the last 20 years, but how are we to ascertain if it's legit with academia auto-rejecting any and all evidence to the contrary and a million internet sleuths making debunking claims, based upon whatever science ruleset they choose to use at the time, within moments of such evidence hitting the web? It's in the same vein as the ancient Civs evidence, sort of. Civ's are easier to hypothesize and/or prove because they are right there in front of our eyes, viewed by millions across the world, and have been a major part of scientific research at all angles for years. Yet academia scoffs at the idea, even if they are slowly coming around to the evidence being proven correct in the last year.
Why do you firmly believe what you have about ancient Civs, even though Academia has stated the opposite for centuries? If you know you cannot trust Academia for correct Civ research and other topics, how do you know to trust them about their deductions regarding this species?

Should be done typing this other post in 45 mins or so...
well, its not faith, you can walk right up to those ancient structures and get as many pics as you want. academia is only guessing those structures are x old because its got writing from people during those times. which is understandable, but very lazy.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Does the formatting work for a blog post?
I'll follow this up with the response to what you asked Void Void
I even have pictures. Nothing alive though. As if I could just sit on something that cool and not share it repeatedly.

I had many a conversation with my grandpas, uncles, and their hunting buddies who have been deep woods hunters. The classic 'gone for 3-5 months in the bush but can’t haul all the kills due to weight' and various woodsmen and Forest Wardens (Canada’s version of the Rangers). I was assured by all of them that they could prove the existence of the Sasquatch species in a court of law.

This brings up a particularly important point regarding the history of Sasquatch investigations that raises a few questions about the rules of evidence used to judge whether Sasquatch is natural or not. My people could justifiably make that claim, however, scientists routinely say there is not enough evidence to prove the existence of the species. Why is that? It got me thinking, which is never a good thing.

The problem has to do with the way the subject has been classified/defined or rather not clearly or correctly classified/defined. Most of the time Sasquatch have been studied as if they were a nonexistent species and the rules of evidence that apply to the physical sciences have been applied. Those rules are stringent as they involve evidence such as DNA, photographs, remains. When placed in this category the sasquatch fails to meet the criteria of scientific proof, for obvious reasons. The species is a rare one. Finding them during regular visiting hours at the zoo isn’t reliable so scientists cannot perform repeatable experiments to ascertain their nature. More so due to in part to a lack of funds, physical evidence to spur research, taboo, and more.

It really comes down to classification and that is why my fam and extensions can accurately make the claim that sufficient evidence does exist to prove it in a court of law. Physical scientists do not consider things like eyewitness reports and circumstantial or anecdotal evidence. A court of law does. There is no single set of standards that can be applied across the board to define what scientific evidence is. Physical scientists cannot deny the veracity of sociological or psychological theories simply because the evidence to support them is based upon a pedigree of precision.

There is an acknowledged division between the hard and soft sciences, for example, genealogy and sociology. You do not approach the two disciplines in the same way. Let us compare those sciences to gain some insight into why there is such a division of opinion about the Sasquatch. First, we must ask, would it be fair to let a genealogist evaluate the credibility of a sociological theory using the standards of evidence and protocols that he normally uses in his genealogy investigations? No, they do not compare. That is exactly what has happened in the history of Sasquatch research. Skeptical scientists have consistently claimed that their existence cannot be proven and by their standards, they have been right.

But those are the wrong standards to apply because Sasquatch are natural events or processes and the preponderance of evidence suggests this is the case. So, we have this historical split and ongoing ambivalence with highly credible witnesses reporting sightings and encounters with Sasquatch that are followed by routine dismissals from scientists that are reported in the media and in a variety of Sasquatch media articles. What is the general public’s reaction? The public is quite naturally torn, confused, and dismissive.

Most people do not want to think of hunters, hikers, and wilderness experts as well as various forestry personnel as being incapable of distinguishing between a Sasquatch and a bear or a Sasquatch or a human fucking around. These are well-seasoned outdoorsmen that we depend upon reliably for our safety through their vital information about predatory animals, difficult hiking terrain, dangers, etc. while out in the forest. Yet thousands upon thousands of reports by such folk have been rejected or downgraded because there is no scientific proof and therefore, they must be treated as nothing more than anecdotal reports.

As I pointed out, hard scientists do not have much use for anecdotal evidence and yet these are the kinds of factual observations made by credible witnesses that legal cases and sociology are built upon. People want to have confidence in science and as we have seen, scientists have not been wrong. But neither have they made it clear just what they mean by scientific proof in the context of Sasquatch and the media hasn’t noticed this smaller yet important detail.

Obviously there isn’t enough physical hard scientific evidence to prove the species is real in this context, save for a handful of skulls and partial skeletons recovered over the last 150 years. Yes, there is enough legal and soft science type evidence to prove the species is real in this context. How do we resolve the results and the uncertainty and accept the reality of the species? Put it in its proper classification and definition as an unnatural phenomenon under the purview of such disciplines as sociology, cultural anthropology, social psychology, etc.

While the skeptical scientists and debunkers have been correct, to a degree, their assertion that there is no hard evidence is incorrect. Hunters, aboriginals, hikers, forest rangers, search and rescue have observed them, photographs and video clips containing recorded sound have all been documented and they corroborate Sasquatch sightings. This is hard evidence that substantiates the reality of this species.

Why would this even matter? How we classify the phenomenon makes all the difference in the world. Accepting that it is an established scientifically proven reality under the more open rules of soft science would remove the stigma from witnesses. Removing the stigma is important because it is a taboo subject in academia. But more importantly classifying it correctly as a non-natural phenomenon allows investigators to start focusing on the right questions instead of looking for hard evidence among the ever-increasing amount of data that they have accumulated.

9/11 taught us a lesson about not connecting dots and not making the cogent. The data was there, and several analysts were correctly interpreting it. But the executive part of the FBI and CIA did not cooperate with the data collection and analysis part, which resulted in an intelligence breakdown.

There is no official investigation being conducted into the species at present, which could be the biggest insult to science so far.
Do we have anything to lose by accepting the premise that the evidence proving Sasquatch is real? I don’t think we have shit all to lose. What do we have to lose by accepting the idea that it is not real?
If we are smashing protons and electrons together at colliders around the world while seeing matter appear that were only spoken in conspiracy theories in dark classrooms, what do we have to lose in exploring Sasquatch using all of the relevant scientific methodologies?
It bothers me that we have been witnessing science on the whole not putting in the time to research and corroborate the unknown or taboo subjects. It does a disservice to the foundations of Science.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
While the skeptical scientists and debunkers have been correct, to a degree, their assertion that there is no hard evidence is incorrect. Hunters, aboriginals, hikers, forest rangers, search and rescue have observed them, photographs and video clips containing recorded sound have all been documented and they corroborate Sasquatch sightings. This is hard evidence that substantiates the reality of this species.

Its so weird how theres so much evidence except the only one that matters: visual proof of a large biped.

There are no photographs that have been able to withstand any scrutiny to my knowledge. Audio recordings of Bigfoot can be easily faked or mistaken for something else.

Think about the absurdity of the notion that in 1967 before cameras were ubiquitous, dirt cheap, and everyone had one in their pocket -- someone supposedly snapped this shot of Bigfoot. We know its fake now, but was the argument we were asked to believe 50 years ago, like we are being asked to believe now in "audio recordings"

1589851248133.png

But 50+ years later with everyone now toting a camera in their pocket, even more people outdoors and millions of trail cameras being sold by Bushnell, Browning, Moultrie, Spypoint, etc. we cant even get at least 1 modern age high def photo

There is absolutely no hard evidence for this.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Dislike