The Penguin

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord

huh takes place after the movie thats cool, thought it was a prequel for some reason. i still don't really get how you do a show and never have batman show up but we'll see i guess

still can't believe thats colin ferrell

GAr_tw1WkAADiC-.jpg

I hope that blurring effect along the edges of the screen in so many of those shots was just for the trailer, that shit's going to get annoying if we're sitting through it the entire time

Szlia Szlia I assume there's a term for that, and I feel like it'd be more appropriate for a dream sequence/drugged sequence

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I hope that blurring effect along the edges of the screen in so many of those shots was just for the trailer, that shit's going to get annoying if we're sitting through it the entire time

Szlia Szlia I assume there's a term for that, and I feel like it'd be more appropriate for a dream sequence/drugged sequence
thats definitely intentional for a surreal effect. probably done by the trailer guys but may not make it to the series itself. they add those musical stings and audio effects as well, but they never make it in.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

It's just a weird depth of field maybe from the lenses they're using. Could be some post-production effect, and I think there's stuff out there that allows you to get Boca, for that blurry background, but typically it's all across the background when you've got a subject in the foreground, not around the edges. I guess that's why I think it's some sort of depth of field deal.

I could be completely wrong though. Just used to do some photography and my wife was a professional for a good number of years, and she taught me a few things. That's just my immediate idea on it.

Maybe it's different with film terminology wise / technique.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I could give two shits about the joker movie, but what's this brave and bold Batman? Is he going to be gay and black? Sorry I don't keep up with the comics or the animated stuff.

That is good news though after making another film. Hopefully it'll somehow tie into the penguin series. I might actually go to the movie theater to see something like that.

Wonder who though end up having as villains this time? I'm assuming maybe the penguin, maybe joker?
I for one am excited for the 18th cinematic retelling of the Batman origin story.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I for one am excited for the 18th cinematic retelling of the Batman origin story.
I hear you. At least the last movie didn't have to cover any of that, and it was just a good Batman movie. I kind of like the Zack Snyder Ben Affleck Batman stuff too. And have to cover any of the other BS. I don't have high hopes, but it'd be nice to get thrown a bone every now and then, and considering the first film I can at least remain somewhat optimistic.

Anyways there's always my low budget indie horror that seems to deliver a hell of a lot more than the big budget stuff. I think I'm really boils down to people that have less money trying to really make it work, and just working harder as a result, which produces a hell of a lot better film.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ive been a huge fan since Tigerland and I will watch almost anything Colin is in. I still enjoy Phone booth I

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Ive been a huge fan since Tigerland and I will watch almost anything Colin is in. I still enjoy Phone booth I
Hah, you're the only person I've ever seen mention Tigerland. I think that's the first movie I ever saw him in and it was a HBO original or something. Pretty sure I watched it back when I was in high school. Good movie. He really has become a phenomenal actor.

There's a show out there I believe he's in called North Water but I haven't watched yet, but it looks pretty good for a period piece nautical mini series or something.

• 1Solidarity

Homsar

Hah, you're the only person I've ever seen mention Tigerland. I think that's the first movie I ever saw him in and it was a HBO original or something. Pretty sure I watched it back when I was in high school. Good movie. He really has become a phenomenal actor.

There's a show out there I believe he's in called North Water but I haven't watched yet, but it looks pretty good for a period piece nautical mini series or something.
Were around the same age apparently, I watched it my sophomore year ditching class

• 1Solidarity

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

Tiger Land is what got me too. I've liked him since that.

In Bruges is definitely his best performance, imo. I don't think he's likeable in everything, but he's really damn likable in about half.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

In Bruges is definitely his best performance, imo. I don't think he's likeable in everything, but he's really damn likable in about half.
Dude's got a lot of range. I know people shit all over true detective season 2, but he was probably my favorite character, and despite it being a pretty dismal ending, after watching it twice I still enjoy it.

I'm honestly excited about the penguin series though. You can't tell that it's him, and that's pretty remarkable. Hard not to appreciate somebody devoted to their craft that much, specifically in this day and age, and being allowed to do it so well. I think it's going to be pretty good, or at least I hope so.

Homsar

In Bruges isn't his best, it has some great moments. The guy Richie movie is one of my likeable scene in our time

Last edited:
  • 1WTF

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
In Bruges isn't his best, it has some great moments. The guy Richie movie is one of my likeable scene in our time

I don't know anything about that film but watching that clip, I think I have an idea of maybe something I might watch the next time I want to sit down and enjoy a movie. I stand by my position that he's a talented actor.

• 1Like

Homsar

I don't know anything about that film but watching that clip, I think I have an idea of maybe something I might watch the next time I want to sit down and enjoy a movie. I stand by my position that he's a talented actor.
He definitely has a range, The gentleman is fun, but The Banshees of Inisherin is great. Don't watch inisherin if you don't want to get depressed in a way

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity