The Penguin

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
What are you even talking about? Jesus

Ben Affleck Batman GIF by GIPHY News
I thought we were talking about Penguin and the absence of Batman. Penguin without Batman is just the Sopranos.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I thought we were talking about Penguin and the absence of Batman. Penguin without Batman is just the Sopranos.
Your last post just didn't make any goddamn sense to me. I never watched The sopranos. That was a reference that I didn't catch then whatever.

I still think the show looks interesting, I wonder what direction they'll take it in, and whether it will be lumped into the next Batman movie if it's even in production which I don't know.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Your last post just didn't make any goddamn sense to me. I never watched The sopranos. That was a reference that I didn't catch then whatever.

I still think the show looks interesting, I wonder what direction they'll take it in, and whether it will be lumped into the next Batman movie if it's even in production which I don't know.
The Sopranos was an HBO TV show back in the early 2000s about a NJ gangster named Tony Soprano played by James Gandolfini. The rest of the cast is made up of every Italian who played an Italian or a mobster in movies over the last 40 years. Everyone talks like people think people from New Jersey talk. its all filmed on location in NJ. more or less in every spot i hung out in back in the day.
this was filmed right near where my GF used to work. listen to these fucking gavones. people in Harrison dont talk like this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
The Sopranos was an HBO TV show back in the early 2000s about a NJ gangster named Tony Soprano played by James Gandolfini. The rest of the cast is made up of every Italian who played an Italian or a mobster in movies over the last 40 years. Everyone talks like people think people from New Jersey talk. its all filmed on location in NJ. more or less in every spot i hung out in back in the day.
this was filmed right near where my GF used to work. listen to these fucking gavones. people in Harrison dont talk like this.

I know what The sopranos from just pop culture. Doesn't mean I've had to have watched the show.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
ok, watch the trailer for the Sopranos. its a minute and a half

now watch Penguin

All right now I see what you really or trying to talk about.

That's pretty crazy in the similarities. Could also just be how stupid trailers are made, but they're pretty similar.

Maybe that's how the new stuff is made because not everybody ends up knowing about the original source material it was ripped off of, and they're backing on those people getting interested in a something that was supposed to be new for viewership?

I so hope it's going to be a decent show because it looks like it has promise, and maybe not having watched The sopranos, to me it's something new if you dig what I'm saying.

Still stinks of Hollywood, and we know they've been mostly creatively bankrupt for a good long while.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
All right now I see what you really or trying to talk about.

That's pretty crazy in the similarities. Could also just be how stupid trailers are made, but they're pretty similar.

Maybe that's how the new stuff is made because not everybody ends up knowing about the original source material it was ripped off of, and they're backing on those people getting interested in a something that was supposed to be new for viewership?

I so hope it's going to be a decent show because it looks like it has promise, and maybe not having watched The sopranos, to me it's something new if you dig what I'm saying.

Still stinks of Hollywood, and we know they've been mostly creatively bankrupt for a good long while.
HBO used to be so much better just 10 years ago. They really have run out of ideas. I'm just annoyed they did this to Penguin. Wasn't Plastic Man an actual old fashioned gangster? Make a plastic man show. Plastic Man cartoon was the shit when I was a kid.

• 1Worf

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I didn't hear any woke bullshit, he's got a black kid helping do crime, and the other bad guy is an insane woman. I'm bought in I think for at least an episode or two.

spronk

FPS noob

1726190972482.png

kinda weird doing a one off thursday premiere, assume its something to do with football

i don't think batman will show up at all in this so i'm sorta on the fence, probably wait till all episodes drop and binge it out.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Reviews are pretty good for a series that I didn't care to watch, I never thought I needed a Peacemaker series though

• 2Solidarity

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>

View attachment 545746

kinda weird doing a one off thursday premiere, assume its something to do with football

i don't think batman will show up at all in this so i'm sorta on the fence, probably wait till all episodes drop and binge it out.

Yeah I read Batman isn't in this at all. I didn't realize it happens after The Batman and right after the series Gotham. Should be interesting.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Like