The Penguin

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
He definitely has a range, The gentleman is fun, but The Banshees of Inisherin is great. Don't watch inisherin if you don't want to get depressed in a way
I remember that banshees movie popping up, and I kind of dipped my toe into the thread and it seemed like everybody really enjoyed it, but I haven't watched it. Got the other dude from In Bruges or whatever the hell it's called, who's a great actor.

Damn it, I think I know the next film I'm going to sit down and watch with a glass of whiskey. I just remember you guys talking about it being a great film, and I didn't read deep into the commentary, and I just kind of forgot about it even though I meant to watch it at some point.

Thanks, buddy. Just fell off my radar. That seems to happen pretty often specifically with trying to keep up with the glut of content being pumped out on a yearly basis. I guess that's why it makes it so much nicer when you do fine are really good series or film that people put a hell of a lot of work into, if you know what I mean.

Sorry talk to text. Adam's slacking, right Seananigans Seananigans . I guess he isn't eating for a few days.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I remember that banshees movie popping up, and I kind of dipped my toe into the thread and it seemed like everybody really enjoyed it, but I haven't watched it. Got the other dude from In Bruges or whatever the hell it's called, who's a great actor.

Damn it, I think I know the next film I'm going to sit down and watch with a glass of whiskey. I just remember you guys talking about it being a great film, and I didn't read deep into the commentary, and I just kind of forgot about it even though I meant to watch it at some point.

Thanks, buddy. Just fell off my radar. That seems to happen pretty often specifically with trying to keep up with the glut of content being pumped out on a yearly basis. I guess that's why it makes it so much nicer when you do fine are really good series or film that people put a hell of a lot of work into, if you know what I mean.

Sorry talk to text. Adam's slacking, right Seananigans Seananigans . I guess he isn't eating for a few days.
If youre going to have a glass both are great. Colin Gleason are great together. As slow and depressing Banshee keeps you sucked in.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
If you going to have a glass both are great. Colin Gleason are great together
I really enjoyed the first film with them being together, and surprisingly when I was dating my wife it was a movie she wanted to sit down when we were doing a come to the house and cook dinner sort of date. We're going to do movie night and Home cooking, and that's the movie she wanted to watch. It's why the first time I ever saw it.

I just vaguely remember watching the trailer for it and then like I said touching into the thread, and everybody said it was almost a ball buster, from an emotional standpoint. How do I have problems with films like that but, I just forgot it was out there.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Hah, you're the only person I've ever seen mention Tigerland. I think that's the first movie I ever saw him in and it was a HBO original or something. Pretty sure I watched it back when I was in high school. Good movie. He really has become a phenomenal actor.

There's a show out there I believe he's in called North Water but I haven't watched yet, but it looks pretty good for a period piece nautical mini series or something.
North Water is fucking amazing and it's a bummer more people didn't watch it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
North Water is fucking amazing and it's a bummer more people didn't watch it.
Is it a singular deal or mini series or something?

It's kind of one of the reasons I didn't go ahead and pick it up because all these stupid streaming companies and what have you are trying to milk multiple seasons. I remember seeing previous for it and I was like man that's my jam, but just never watched it. I just was watching another British show with my wife, and come to find out after a season 2 there's no more, and it's probably the best show I've watched in a long time.

I just don't want to start something that's not going to end up finishing. Just got burned on too many other shows that don't get renewed, and it's like why the hell did I waste my time.

I don't understand why hey we have a story to tell we're going to go ahead and do it it's going to take us x amount of episodes, here's the budget, let's go. I guess it all just boils down to money.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Is it a singular deal or mini series or something?

It's kind of one of the reasons I didn't go ahead and pick it up because all these stupid streaming companies and what have you are trying to milk multiple seasons. I remember seeing previous for it and I was like man that's my jam, but just never watched it. I just was watching another British show with my wife, and come to find out after a season 2 there's no more, and it's probably the best show I've watched in a long time.

I just don't want to start something that's not going to end up finishing. Just got burned on too many other shows that don't get renewed, and it's like why the hell did I waste my time.

I don't understand why hey we have a story to tell we're going to go ahead and do it it's going to take us x amount of episodes, here's the budget, let's go. I guess it all just boils down to money.
It finishes. It's just a mini series about whalers in the North Atlantic and the madness a lot of them likely experienced. Great show.

• 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
It finishes. It's just a mini series about whalers in the North Atlantic and the madness a lot of them likely experienced. Great show.
Sweet!

Well I think I know what I'm going to sit down and watch an episode or two in the evenings. Glad I'm not going to get sucked into something interesting and then find out it will never be completed.

Thank you, sir!

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Looks like it's leaning away from Batman. So far so good.
Wouldn't you want to see Batman in this even a little bit? Penguin is a good villain, but Batman is Batman and there isn't a point of a penguin HBO show without him. This might as well be an even sillier reboot of the Sopranos.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Wouldn't you want to see Batman in this even a little bit? Penguin is a good villain, but Batman is Batman and there isn't a point of a penguin HBO show without him. This might as well be an even sillier reboot of the Sopranos.
That's kind of what I'm hoping for. I really enjoyed the last movie. To me it was probably the most realistic of the Batman films, am I hope that Pattinson comes back, and there's a bigger plot that they're trying to weave with this mini series to set up for a big two and a half or three hour long film.

Of the superhero stuff it's easily them at least one of the better ones I've seen in a long time at least since the end game stuff, as much as I hate Marvel, those two movies are pretty fantastic.

I know the new Deadpool movie is out I guess, but I really don't have a burning desire to go and watch it. I'll check it out when it comes to HBO, but I'm just so tired of that whole world.

This Batman stuff from this guy seems to at least be something at least different.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That's kind of what I'm hoping for. I really enjoyed the last movie. To me it was probably the most realistic of the Batman films, am I hope that Pattinson comes back, and there's a bigger plot that they're trying to weave with this mini series to set up for a big two and a half or three hour long film.

Of the superhero stuff it's easily them at least one of the better ones I've seen in a long time at least since the end game stuff, as much as I hate Marvel, those two movies are pretty fantastic.

I know the new Deadpool movie is out I guess, but I really don't have a burning desire to go and watch it. I'll check it out when it comes to HBO, but I'm just so tired of that whole world.

This Batman stuff from this guy seems to at least be something at least different.
I'm just saying, Penguin isnt on the same level as say a Joker and it seems they are humanizing Penguin in the same way they did with Arthur. which is fine, but i like Batman and Batman needs villains to fight. Penguin needs somebody to come after him. if you build up these villains without an equal or superior to keep them in check, then it just turns into chaos. which is basically what Joker 1 and 2 are.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I'm just saying, Penguin isnt on the same level as say a Joker and it seems they are humanizing Penguin in the same way they did with Arthur. which is fine, but i like Batman and Batman needs villains to fight. Penguin needs somebody to come after him. if you build up these villains without an equal or superior to keep them in check, then it just turns into chaos. which is basically what Joker 1 and 2 are.
I could give two shits about the joker movies. Are they even supposed to be in the same world.

I understand what you're trying to say though, but I guess this is more of an origin story for the penguin in this Batman universe or whatever. Maybe he just become such a diabolical evil bastard kingpin crime dude that Batman takes notice?

If I had to hazard I guess, his opponent will either be somebody high up in law enforcement, or maybe a competitive crime Lord trying to move in on the power vacuum left by falconi being gone. It'll probably be that just warring crime factions. They'll also probably be Russian because Putin bad.

Could happen.

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I could give two shits about the joker movies. Are they even supposed to be in the same world.

I understand what you're trying to say though, but I guess this is more of an origin story for the penguin in this Batman universe or whatever. Maybe he just become such a diabolical evil bastard kingpin crime dude that Batman takes notice?

Could happen.
Batman would immediately notice who the new mob kingpin in Gotham is. Unless this is pre Batman and while Bruce was training with Ra's. Still, by allowing this guy free reign in Gotham, it says Batman is shit at his job.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Batman would immediately notice who the new mob kingpin in Gotham is. Unless this is pre Batman and while Bruce was training with Ra's. Still, by allowing this guy free reign in Gotham, it says Batman is shit at his job.
I don't believe the origins of the Pattinson Batman are the same as the Bale Batman. I understand what you're trying to say but I think you're blending the two film worlds or whatever the hell you want to call them.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't believe the origins of the Pattinson Batman are the same as the Bale Batman. I understand what you're trying to say but I think you're blending the two film worlds or whatever the hell you want to call them.
Ra's is a villain from the early 70s Batman comics. He isn't exclusive to just one Batman. That being said I don't know how Pattinson Batman learned how to be Batman, I just know that Batman would or should be very aware of new crimebosses taking over Gotham. Now if he does anything about it is a different story. He might just let shit play out and see who comes out on top in a gang war. But Bats definitely knows about Penguin by the time he makes his first move as boss.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Ra's is a villain from the early 70s Batman comics. He isn't exclusive to just one Batman. That being said I don't know how Pattinson Batman learned how to be Batman, I just know that Batman would or should be very aware of new crimebosses taking over Gotham. Now if he does anything about it is a different story. He might just let shit play out and see who comes out on top in a gang war. But Bats definitely knows about Penguin by the time he makes his first move as boss.
Batman Facepalm GIF by WE tv

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I know, all you want to see is Tony So-Penguin whacking guys and dumping bodies off Gotham Docklands while twirling his cigarette holder and going quaaaack quaaack quaaaaaack. It's ok. That is pretty cool.
What are you even talking about? Jesus

Ben Affleck Batman GIF by GIPHY News