The Red Letter Media Appreciation Thread

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Stuckmann had "get stuckmannized "as a "catchphrase" for awhile. which of course, itself lead to memes. But then as Stuckmann became a joke about selling out and a pathetic reviewer, who refused to actually do reviews after "becoming a movie creator himself". it took on even more meaning.

Yes, basically it just means he stopped giving critical criticisms and went with safe vague reviews because he didn't want to offend anyone or rock the boat by saying something that a gatekeeper might cancel his access over. A sellout.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Last time I'm the first to post a RLM video you fucking nerds.
tumblr_o7lpfuzpXM1tsie6fo1_400.gif

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
They're also severely misrepresenting how other channels like Nerdrotic and Drinker go about their reviews. Those guys have given 'diverse' shows good reviews if they're actually good, but those cases have become so few and far between that it's become the exception rather than the rule. They also talk about story elements, writing, and canon faithfulness more than most other aspects of shows... you know like a movie/tv reviewer should be doing. It's almost like if you have a given set of standards, and those standards violate the 'standards' of the raging turbo-lefties who run the Hollywood cesspool, you're automatically going to shit on all their products! Weird! For sure they're out there trying to make money with clicks and views, but isn't that the point of having a Youtube channel? Isn't them throwing stones at these guys for making content like this and mocking anyone for making anal objections about lore while showing starving Africans in the background when they've done multi-hour Star Trek vids on the same thing the height of pot meets kettle criticism?

Drinker may shit on woke media hard, but most of his critique comes in how these shows handle the writing because he is a published fucking author with a series of 9 moderately successful books. Maybe his books aren't great, but he is usually talking about how dumb the writers are when it comes to structuring a story and its elements. I saw one of the first reviews Mike and Rich did for Picard where Mike lists out all the things that were dumb about the story/plot and then went on to say that he was definitely going to keep watching. WHY?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
Drinker may shit on woke media hard, but most of his critique comes in how these shows handle the writing because he is a published fucking author with a series of 9 moderately successful books. Maybe his books aren't great, but he is usually talking about how dumb the writers are when it comes to structuring a story and its elements. I saw one of the first reviews Mike and Rich did for Picard where Mike lists out all the things that were dumb about the story/plot and then went on to say that he was definitely going to keep watching. WHY?
Have you read any of the TV, movie, or video game threads? People sperging out and calling something trash while continuing to watch religiously or play the next installment is as peak FoH as you can get.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Have you read any of the TV, movie, or video game threads? People sperging out and calling something trash while continuing to watch religiously or play the next installment is as peak FoH as you can get.

The old BoozeCube BoozeCube D4 paradox. Shits on the game for a half decade before and after it comes out; also is one of the top 4 players on the forum. Tide goes in, tide goes out. Can't explain that.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
When Rich brought up the cringe star wars books, I was practically titillating at the edge of my seat hoping he brought up this book.

woooop.jpg

I may have read the lead up to the selonian sex scene and the aftermath where the main char involved had an allergic reaction to the fur a bit more than is reasonable. Sevens Sevens

• 2Worf
  • 2Cringe
Reactions: 3 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
When Rich brought up the cringe star wars books, I was practically titillating at the edge of my seat hoping he brought up this book.

View attachment 534428

I may have read the lead up to the selonian sex scene and the aftermath where the main char involved had an allergic reaction to the fur a bit more than is reasonable. Sevens Sevens
I mean what the hell, but that painting is pretty goddamn hilarious, even if you're a complete and utter weirdo.

So maybe it kind of balances out, but probably not...😉

What the hell is it from, or is it just weird fanfiction artwork?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I mean what the hell, but that painting is pretty goddamn hilarious, even if you're a complete and utter weirdo.

So maybe it kind of balances out, but probably not...😉

What the hell is it from, or is it just weird fanfiction artwork?
It's one of the EU book covers. If I get digging in my closet I can probably find it if isn't liquid soluble.

And you say I'm a weirdo. I didn't write this book good sir.

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

So on the RLM being liberal disingenuous shrills... just to add some substance to my statement on them, not just blasting them.

They started and still hold onto being "not part of the industry" - their "thing" was they are just dudes that like movies and are organic and not part of the business, and play this "nor would they WANT us in the business because WE MAKE FUN OF THEM!"

Their fanbase is for the most part, movie nerds that vibed with them and mostly people that did the same thing as they did, but obviously not "big time" on the internet, but just with their group of friends.

When they started they hinted at, that their "info" was all from, what people would consider mundane info, they didn't have "connections" - they had friends, social communities and rumor mills "JUST LIKE YOU ALL, OUR AUDIENCE HAVE!" vibe... I really doubt that was true then, and it is /very/ much not true now.

They do good on not spamming social media or even being /part/ of the publicly exposed group of hollywood- but they are - and they are trying to keep "the real" vibe going. This is the same with their obvious left leaning political opinions, even from years ago, even how they handled covid, their points of view were expressed - and usually in a not blunt way.

Over time, their audience 1) aged *usually leaning more right* and 2) grew *that by nature will include right leaning people by %*

So now we are here, and they danced around Picard S2 enough that since then they have really kinda let the politics be 3rd fiddle, but this one here just imo stepped in it. They tried and failed to be like "Its not political,, it just sucks lululzulzu politics has nothing to do with why it sucks! but I still like it, but its just not as good as the other stuff...its good though! but still isnt...but not because of politics, but just because they happen to have randomly chosen the worst possible people to make this series and make it suck and politics has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT"

While EVERYONE sees that woke politics has infected every aspect of a disney SW production - the writers suck BECAUSE OF POLITICAL CHOICE HIRING the actors suck BECAUSE OF POLITICAL CHOICE HIRING and other WOKE CRAP.

This is not a B movie Deathstalker that wants to hire an actor and the only ones they can afford / have access to (SAG!) are between scene softcore actors. No- this is LUCAS AND DISNEY they /could/ get THE ABSOLUTE BEST - in /everything/ ... but they dont...they havent, and avoiding "why" is disingenuous liberal lies, and RLM is part of it by acting not.

Rant over.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So on the RLM being liberal disingenuous shrills... just to add some substance to my statement on them, not just blasting them.

They started and still hold onto being "not part of the industry" - their "thing" was they are just dudes that like movies and are organic and not part of the business, and play this "nor would they WANT us in the business because WE MAKE FUN OF THEM!"

Their fanbase is for the most part, movie nerds that vibed with them and mostly people that did the same thing as they did, but obviously not "big time" on the internet, but just with their group of friends.

When they started they hinted at, that their "info" was all from, what people would consider mundane info, they didn't have "connections" - they had friends, social communities and rumor mills "JUST LIKE YOU ALL, OUR AUDIENCE HAVE!" vibe... I really doubt that was true then, and it is /very/ much not true now.

They do good on not spamming social media or even being /part/ of the publicly exposed group of hollywood- but they are - and they are trying to keep "the real" vibe going. This is the same with their obvious left leaning political opinions, even from years ago, even how they handled covid, their points of view were expressed - and usually in a not blunt way.

Over time, their audience 1) aged *usually leaning more right* and 2) grew *that by nature will include right leaning people by %*

So now we are here, and they danced around Picard S2 enough that since then they have really kinda let the politics be 3rd fiddle, but this one here just imo stepped in it. They tried and failed to be like "Its not political,, it just sucks lululzulzu politics has nothing to do with why it sucks! but I still like it, but its just not as good as the other stuff...its good though! but still isnt...but not because of politics, but just because they happen to have randomly chosen the worst possible people to make this series and make it suck and politics has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT"

While EVERYONE sees that woke politics has infected every aspect of a disney SW production - the writers suck BECAUSE OF POLITICAL CHOICE HIRING the actors suck BECAUSE OF POLITICAL CHOICE HIRING and other WOKE CRAP.

This is not a B movie Deathstalker that wants to hire an actor and the only ones they can afford / have access to (SAG!) are between scene softcore actors. No- this is LUCAS AND DISNEY they /could/ get THE ABSOLUTE BEST - in /everything/ ... but they dont...they havent, and avoiding "why" is disingenuous liberal lies, and RLM is part of it by acting not.

Rant over.
it is odd that i saw them promoting this acolyte video on Facebook, but i never see them drop any promos for their other videos. i'm not saying they dont, but i actually saw the promo for that video. first time in years. Facebook must have allowed that one through the shadowban for some reason.
strange

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
It found the video interesting in that it did raise some other view points that I hadn't considered.

So stopping and hearing that and pausing to consider other aspects of it was worth the effort.

Yeah but with that said, some of the things they said were straight up wrong.