The Secret World

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The skillwheel and the way that abilities interact and synergize with each other for this game is still the most exceptional way I've seen a freeform 'classless' game be organized. I feel there should be a seminar at the GDC that looks carefully at how they organized it as a lesson to others.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The wheel is perfection, it was a theorycrafters dream. Having total control of your passives and actives from every class let you work out some really insane combos for DPS.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Very cool, is 10.4 level gear good enough to roll the new stuff? also is there any FOTM new build? Think I was shotgun / pistol or AR last time.

thanks !

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
The Secret World

Live today. New play zone, continuation of the main story, new enhancement system. I definitely picked the right time to jump back in.
Is the story of the new zone intriguing? What's the topic? I was always hoping they would do something in the bermuda triangle. Ghost ships/Flight 19. Or maybe something regarding the lost city of Atlantis. SO much potential here.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Haven't played it yet, but Tokyo was where the intro tutorial in that subway took place. Where the filth firsts comes through. All the other issues / dlc so far were really fucking sweet. High hopes for tokyo.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
I reinstalled last night after over a year away. Regarding the Issues and Sidemission content, how crucial are they to character/story progression? Buying them all at once is more than the game itself originally, but I hate the idea of missing content, especially in a game like this where it's usually done so well.

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
1-5 should be in your claimable/free items. Only 6 7 8 cost money now afaik.

They felt pretty well integrated to the original stuff, to the point that I had to use lists of quests to figure out where to even go.

Lusiphur

Peasant
They are all worth doing if only for the content. Issue 6 and Issue 7 also give you purple item (10.1) rewards so if you are still in blue/greens then they are definitely worth it. Issue 8 is worth it because it gives you two extra scenarios to run allowing you to flag for Tokyo quicker.

PS. I bought a lifetime sub at release so I have no perspective as to value for money on these.

Lusiphur

Peasant
Posting again in case people find it useful. Here are the methods of getting flagged for Tokyo. This assumes you have just come back to the game and not ground out scenario's already.

1) Without paying anything extra. Run Hotel scenario until you have 80 Aurei, buy The Council's Seal from the vendor beside the console. There is an 18 hour cooldown per run that can be reset (but costs Veteran Points).
2) Buy Issue 8. Gives you two more Scenarios. Grind all 3 until you have 80 Aurei.
3) Buy Sidestories:Investigations (4 Investigation missions). Complete Immersion. Buy Forged Council's Seal from the Rogue Coder near the console in the library. Cost 1 million PAX.

Scenarios can be fun, they can be annoying as well so it is good there is a way to skip them.

Is the story of the new zone intriguing? What's the topic? I was always hoping they would do something in the bermuda triangle. Ghost ships/Flight 19. Or maybe something regarding the lost city of Atlantis. SO much potential here.
It's the story of the filth and the girl from previous scenarios a bit and looks like there will be revelations about the Council of Venice. I just started it so it may take some turns. I am a couple of expansions behind so my guy is underpwered so I need to figure out how to boost him up. I ran the four missions from two packs ago and they were all good. Two were great and two had too much translation for my taste so I just spoilered what the text said and igured out the clue on my own. My favorite was the one based on the text adventure. Really hit me in the nostalgia.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I plan on picking this up again once I'm bored with WildStar, but haven't played since 3 months after release. Will it be possible as a new character to get groups for the dungeons as the Story progresses?

Lusiphur

Peasant
I plan on picking this up again once I'm bored with WildStar, but haven't played since 3 months after release. Will it be possible as a new character to get groups for the dungeons as the Story progresses?
Not sure what you are asking here. Story missions are solo. So, you progress the story by running the missions. You can group up for them (recommended if low geared) but it doesn't happen in dungeons.
Dungeon running remains the same as ever. Stand about in Agartha, watching the chat channels and hope someone is doing one of the entry NM's and is happy to take someone who actually needs something from the run. The game sorely needs a group finder and it was on their radar at one point but that seems to have slipped.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
I need to get some hp on my character or something. It feels like either my damage has gone down or the enemy difficulty has gone up since I last played. I was getting my face ripped off in Transylvania by things I distinctly remember killing and questing through back in the early days of the game without much issue. I kinda feel like im missing something and that is making things more challenging.

I originally played an elemental/shotgun build with support aspects for grouping but it didnt feel as effective as it once did. Im running an elemental/pistol build at the moment and while I kill faster I still crumple fast when things get on me. What are some of the more effective dps builds these days?

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Don't know about current builds but if youre questing I think people generally run a piece of hp gear and a couple support/healing skills. Other than that, make sure you max out your weapons first before talismans.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This latest patch also nerfed the largest cookie-cutter build to, so if this was you, you've probably lost a good 20% dps or somesuch.