The Secret World

Skrigg

Golden Squire
I'm still leveling in the 2nd Egypt zone but once im through with leveling If you all are still doing stuff Ill hit you up for groups or something.

Also I have an extra regular game key from upgrading to the Massive Edition on steam. 10$ via paypal gets it, pm me.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I bought this for 14 euros thanks to Steam sales, looking forward to playing some. I heard the various stories are well done, hope to get a couple weeks of fun at least.
Anything important I should know before I start?
smile.png

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
There's still a pretty decent community I think. It helps that there's just one shared server for dungeons and pve, and the only split comes with PVP. So there may be subservers that are out of whack for PVP due to population balance.

Lusiphur

Peasant
So what's the best/most efficient way to farm up AP once youre through with the questing? I got caught up content wise and am kinda at a loss as to where to go now to finish out the portions of the skill wheel I want to finish.
You can do the (to me) intolerable lair farming but I just rerun Issues 5,6 and 7 when I want AP. Takes a couple of hours and also gives credits which you can use for gear or blue signets.
You should definitely be going through Tokyo on every cool down just to improve your Aegis capacitors anyways.
Remember all missions are repeatable every 72 hours.

You can do the (to me) intolerable lair farming but I just rerun Issues 5,6 and 7 when I want AP. Takes a couple of hours and also gives credits which you can use for gear or blue signets.
You should definitely be going through Tokyo on every cool down just to improve your Aegis capacitors anyways.
Remember all missions are repeatable every 72 hours.
Thanks! My problem is that Tokyo is kicking my ass. I just went back and reran a ton of stuff in the past wee to get blades finished to make a blades solo spec. Hoping that helps.

Lusiphur

Peasant
Thanks! My problem is that Tokyo is kicking my ass. I just went back and reran a ton of stuff in the past wee to get blades finished to make a blades solo spec. Hoping that helps.
Tokyo basics ...Ciritty's Pink Tokyo combat guide (KAWAI DESU?) - The Secret World Forums(linked before, I know)

You might find that you can't finish all the missions until you have all three capacitor types for both weapons. You should really always be doing Tower Defence on cool down. The Pachinko Model is BRUTAL unless you have the capacitors you need on both weaps.

I have been rocking this spec to great success, but you do need (at minimum) blue signets of the types he recommends.

Tsume Doom - Using Claws to Exploit Flaws for Chaos/Fist Tokyo Fun! - The Secret World Forums

Cleared all of Tokyo with that.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Tokyo basics ...Ciritty's Pink Tokyo combat guide (KAWAI DESU?) - The Secret World Forums(linked before, I know)

You might find that you can't finish all the missions until you have all three capacitor types for both weapons. You should really always be doing Tower Defence on cool down. The Pachinko Model is BRUTAL unless you have the capacitors you need on both weaps.

I have been rocking this spec to great success, but you do need (at minimum) blue signets of the types he recommends.

Tsume Doom - Using Claws to Exploit Flaws for Chaos/Fist Tokyo Fun! - The Secret World Forums

Cleared all of Tokyo with that.

Haven't played since beta and going to play soon. Any recommendations on early solo builds to aim for ?

Lusiphur

Peasant
Haven't played since beta and going to play soon. Any recommendations on early solo builds to aim for ?
This might run a little long and if you played in beta some of it might be redundant for you. Let me bang it all down and then you can pick and choose.

The Basics

I highly recommend this spec ...

[Guide] - One build to Solo Transylvania. - The Secret World Forums

The other cookie cutter levelling build is some kind of AR Leech build but it is literally the dreariest thing in the world to play (imo).

What you want to do here is start by getting the inner ring of blade done use the Blade AE builder (Blade Torrent), Blade Finisher (Dancing Blade) and then do the Chaos inner ring and use the finisher (Call for Eris). That will also give you some of the basic abilities and synergies of the spec. Next start doing the Passives. Passives make or break a spec. Leave the 50 point epics though. Now jump back to the actives and get CtP, Forking Paths, Escalation and Run Rampant and then go for Flight of Daggers and Finally Art of War (actually Stunning Swirl is good enough imo). Now I find Illusion weak in this spec so I usually slot another Impair from chaos.
DO NOT DEVIATE FROM THIS UNTIL YOU HAVE THE FULL BUILD. AP/SP are precious to start with in this game, diluting your spec will have you in trouble in Blue Mountains.

Using the spec
This is a melee spec. Some things to note. Sword attacks are 360 degrees. You start with 5 sword resources. Your sword AE builder sets Afflicted.
Thus your rotation is as follows, run up to mobs, CtP, Forking Paths, Run Rampantx4,CtP and Four Horsemen (if anything is still alive).
Note that you can keep moving around the mobs and keep using sword attacks. This is very helpful if you need the breathing space for your hots to catch up.

Gear
The end result is covered in the guide but while getting to QL10 I would focus on Penetration over everything else. Remember that as soon as you get 5 SP in both weapons run to the Council Vendor at the far end of Savage Coast and buy the blue QL6 weaps and Glyph them. You should have enough sequins by that point if you have not wasted any.

Dungeons while levelling
My advice is not to bother. Seriously. If you want I can go into a big old rant as to why. The only exception to this is if you have a couple of friends you can rely on then you can fill the other slots with any random scrub. Do not pug levelling dungeons if you value your sanity.

Questing
Remember, there should be another quest starter within 50 metres of a quest finishing. You do them in sequence, there is no 'hub' design here. To check you have done everything you can use this thread ..
Full Solution Mission Location Map(s) - The Secret World Forums

That should get you started. Any other questions then just ask.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
That's a very nice build, pretty much identical to what I've been running since soon after launch for soloing. Easy enough to solo all of transylvania with it with maybe minor changes depending on the mobs you're fighting.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
What you want to do here is start by getting the inner ring of blade done use the Blade AE builder (Blade Torrent), Blade Finisher (Dancing Blade) and then do the Chaos inner ring and use the finisher (Call for Eris). That will also give you some of the basic abilities and synergies of the spec. Next start doing the Passives. Passives make or break a spec. Leave the 50 point epics though. Now jump back to the actives and get CtP, Forking Paths, Escalation and Run Rampant and then go for Flight of Daggers and Finally Art of War (actually Stunning Swirl is good enough imo). Now I find Illusion weak in this spec so I usually slot another Impair from chaos.
DO NOT DEVIATE FROM THIS UNTIL YOU HAVE THE FULL BUILD. AP/SP are precious to start with in this game, diluting your spec will have you in trouble in Blue Mountains.
Okay to put a point or two into talismans or literally nothing until skill 5 in both weapons ? And should I ignore points in weapon/survivability while I get to skill 5 weapon/damage in both ?

edit : To answer my own question in case it can help others, I'm a couple of days in, 5 points into Blade damage and 3 points into Chaos damage (SP) and I don't have enough Sequins for one weapon yet, so the limiting factor isn't quite SP it's Sequins (quest rewards). AP wise I've done Blade tier 1 and am 2/3 of the way through Chaos tier1.

So, it seems you have a small number of SP you can put into talismans or weapon/survivability without compromising the build being effective.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Why did this game sell only 200k at release? I read some old article about the launch and I'm truly curious, given that people played and paid much worse shit than this.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Why did this game sell only 200k at release? I read some old article about the launch and I'm truly curious, given that people played and paid much worse shit than this.
I loved it beta and didn't play at release, plus I'm a big Funcom fan. Can't remember what but I think a few games all released around the same time.

Especially as it's F2P (and Funcom F2P is about the best) everyone should give this a go.

edit : Diablo and Tera launched a few weeks before it and GW2 a few weeks after it. Then Torchlight 2 and Borderlands 2 a couple days apart just after that. I still haven't played any of those games - that six months is a blur of GW2 PvP for me.

Lusiphur

Peasant
Okay to put a point or two into talismans or literally nothing until skill 5 in both weapons ? And should I ignore points in weapon/survivability while I get to skill 5 weapon/damage in both ?

edit : To answer my own question in case it can help others, I'm a couple of days in, 5 points into Blade damage and 3 points into Chaos damage (SP) and I don't have enough Sequins for one weapon yet, so the limiting factor isn't quite SP it's Sequins (quest rewards). AP wise I've done Blade tier 1 and am 2/3 of the way through Chaos tier1.

So, it seems you have a small number of SP you can put into talismans or weapon/survivability without compromising the build being effective.
Sorry, I should have been clearer about that. I run one point higher in weapon SP than talismans. Keep spending points in those until you have enough sequins. As I recall it happens about mid way through Savage Coast and it sounds like you are still in Kingsmouth.

Oh and no points in anything but damage until you have 9 in both weapons and all 3 talisman types.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Who knows but to this day I think this had the best dungeons in an MMO yet. The gatekeeper for nightmares being a solo mini raid at least for DPS was awesome too.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Sorry, I should have been clearer about that. I run one point higher in weapon SP than talismans. Keep spending points in those until you have enough sequins. As I recall it happens about mid way through Savage Coast and it sounds like you are still in Kingsmouth.

Oh and no points in anything but damage until you have 9 in both weapons and all 3 talisman types.
Thanks again. Build is working out well. I've just picked up the first faction mission to New York and in beta was pretty gimp compared to this stage.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
This really did have the best dungeons. The last bosses of Polaris and the first Hell were awesome and Facility was so completely different than in any other dungeon. There wasn't a single fight where the trinity would have worked

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Does TSW support player made addons? Degrading eyesight makes it difficult for me to read the font style of the default UI. A configurable UI addon would help solve that problem.