The Secret World

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Side Stories: Last Pagan was released yesterday. Also added some enhancements to Tokyo in general as well as the AEGIS system, good stuff from the looks of it.

http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/s...the_last_pagan

Folks were right about Nightmares, once I got back into the swing of things and had some alright gear from the issues I was able to get in and start tanking again. I had some aggro problems initially and needed to work some skills around. All these super DPS types in .4.4 purples can make things difficult in a mishmash of QL10 blues / purples.

However, been solidly running 18s for the past two weeks and have gotten started on my custom gear with enough dropped 10.2's to be way more effective.

The power difference I am experiencing in Tokyo is amazing as well. Getting the capacitors upgraded was a huge boon as they are pretty cheap on the Auction House. That plus the new gear and it has pretty much turned into easy mode for a while.

Lusiphur

Peasant
Finished The Last Pagan today. It was pretty good stuff all told. I certainly won't be repeating The Bank Heist though. That mission can go fuck itself.
They really are churning the content out lately, this is a good sign for investment in the game.

ubiquitrips

No Kidding on the Bank Heist. Did it once to get my fabricator and then summarily filed it away in missions I will never do again. Last Pagan was some good content. Tokyo is starting to feel pretty developed. I am glad for the additional quests as, even in my limited playtime, I was able to burn through all the quests that reward containers / 3 sunrise tokens pretty quickly.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Heads up that it's a double XP weekend :

rrr_img_78195.png

ubiquitrips

Ugh on Gilded Rage. Hour after hour of laggy giant blob killing. I couldn't do it very long. Fantastic rewards though if you had the patience. I killed enough to get the pet and a single purple signet bag (Liquidation) and some BB. Not a waste, just kind of mind numbing.

I was able to get my ability wheel filled in, so that is nice. Next I just want to finish out my 10.4 tank and dps sets and then who knows what. I am terrible at leech currently, maybe I will work on that next.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Picked up the massive edition of this on Steam. It's on a daily deal right now (20$) and I'm craving an MMO. This seems to have pretty positive reviews, even if you only play it for the "single-player" experience.

Any tips for a first timer?

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Picked up the massive edition of this on Steam. It's on a daily deal right now (20$) and I'm craving an MMO. This seems to have pretty positive reviews, even if you only play it for the "single-player" experience.

Any tips for a first timer?
Enjoy the ride and do every quest, it's one of the best games around until you hit the gear grind at the end game. The solo questing is sweet as fuck.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Even the dungeon grind is good for a while. Outside of Hell Fallen, dungeons were really well done and the best of any MMO I've ever played.

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
Even the dungeon grind is good for a while. Outside of Hell Fallen, dungeons were really well done and the best of any MMO I've ever played.
Just to back this up. The dungeons are amazing to experience, especially the hard modes and master planner achievements (not swapping abilities/gear entire run for anyone in group)

Facility in particular stands out in my head as having amazing mechanics. I always said if they had just scaled that into a raid it would have been perfect.

Enjoy the ride until the grind hits. Go back once in awhile to experience new content. Well worth it.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Is there a free trial for the game at all? Can't find any info that isn't from 2012 because I'm terrible at the internet.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Is there a free trial for the game at all? Can't find any info that isn't from 2012 because I'm terrible at the internet.
Where you been buddy ? Miss reading your musings. Ever since you got married you never write, you never phone, you treat this place like a hotel ....

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Wife and kids meant my free time I could spend on either bitching about video games or playing them. I accumulated more free time so back to bitching about video games it is.

That being said it looks like free trials are broken or something? Dunno. Worth 30 bucks? To give that question perspective, I actually paid 15 to go see the last Hobbit movie so my expectations of quality for my money spent are pretty low.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Game is well worth $30 even if you just play it solo. A few oddities but overall the game is really fun and just going through the story is worth the cost of the game.