The Secret World

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Anyone that actively follows this game know if they've said anything about doing a Tokyo Bundle with all the stuff post issue 7 they've released? The buy in right now is pretty fuckin steep to catch up on everything.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Don't know if they've said anything, but they probably will sometime this year. I think they're working on the last episode that ties up the Chapter 1 storyline for good. Supposed to have the last section of Tokyo, a raid, and something else. My guess would be that once it comes out, a few months later they'll do a deluxe edition of the game that will include all the episodes (maybe this summer, but probably in time for xmas). All you have to do then is pick it up on a steam sale for cheap and you'll probably come out ahead. If you can wait that long...

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So they nerfed solo stuff and improved the rewards to make playing through the storylines easier, but left group progression and matchmaking the unholy fucking mess that it has been since the start?

With that I still highly recommend playing through this game and bailing the moment you complete the normal versions of each of the dungeons. Don't bother going any farther than that, and don't concern yourself with the PVP.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'd definitely recommend finishing the nightmare versions of all non-hell dungeons at least once. The facility is the most unique mmo dungeon i've ever played

Lusiphur

Peasant
So they nerfed solo stuff and improved the rewards to make playing through the storylines easier, but left group progression and matchmaking the unholy fucking mess that it has been since the start?

With that I still highly recommend playing through this game and bailing the moment you complete the normal versions of each of the dungeons. Don't bother going any farther than that, and don't concern yourself with the PVP.
It's really not a group friendly game. You are correct there. That being said, its pretty easy to get groups for Elites and Raids just standing in Agartha.
I qualified for Elites pretty quickly when I was playing serious before Xmas but then ended up grinding out my gear in PvP. Some Fusang and a lot of El D, I had plenty of fun and I normally despise PvP. I have mostly 10.4.4 in all slots now and solo PvE is pretty easy even with the new Tokyo mechanics.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I felt like I needed an HR department to vet potential group members for me. Even playing as tank and running both types of debuff + double interrupts didn't make it all that much easier to get going, and that build covered half the fucking roles of a full group.

But I forgot that there's actually 3 tiers of dungeons. The leveling version, the cap version, and the hard mode version. Only the last has dickish requirements to actually beat the last boss. (and if your group can't do it - sorry, locked out)

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Every time this topic gets bumped I go back and play for a while. I left off after The Last Pagan so should be some good content to run through. The stuff they were doing with Tokyo was interesting to me.

Also, the Nightmare mode dungeons were difficult, but once you got into running 24 / 36 as opposed to 18s it weeded out a lot of mouth breathers. The difficulty jump for Slaughterhouse / Hell Eternal(I think) was enough that they didn't usually bother. As long as you are competent they were free tokens.

Now, Hell Fallen / The Facility were purely exercises in patience when getting my curio, but eventually got the job done.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah jumping back into this also after last playing around the time issue 7 came out. Got the $30 pack, figure I'll get my moneys worth from the new stuff and replaying some older content again. Like others mentioned, I'll probably bomb out once I get to the point of doing Nightmares. Is too bad though, cause I really like their group instances, especially not having to wade through mountains of trash.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Issue #11 came out today, conclusion of what they are calling "season 1" with the end of Orochi Tower and Lilith. Course if this season lasted 3 years should only take till 2020 till season 2 is done.

Arakkis

N00b
I picked this up a few weeks ago and have been playing with an IRL friend. Man this game has some awesome voice acting and an interesting story. This game is like everything SWTOR set out to be, but done correctly. In game name is Sikkara.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Do you need to grind Tokyo a lot to get your aegis controllers levelled up in order to do the latest xpacs/dungeons etc?

Has there been any news about what's coming in the next issue?

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I really wish more people had engaged with The Secret World. The synergistic system they came up with using the Skill Wheel and the combination of active and passive abilities with discrete types of effects is just about perfect and the storyline was great stuff as well. I feel if they had reached a critical level of subscriber support they would have generated new content at a fast enough pace to cement a place in the MMO community. As it is I have to give them serious credit for sticking with it and continuing to evolve the game when other companies would have already shut down.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Issue #12 just dropped. Most likely The Secret World's swan song given the state of Funcom.

The Secret World

Key note

- New Token System: All tokens in the game have been combined and you now only need Black Bullion or Marks of the Pantheon.

This was sorely needed in my opinion. Now you can play how you want to play and get what you want to get, no strings attached. The new raids and such still need the new Pantheon token but at least gear / augments and such universally use Bullion now. This makes me happy for Augments as I was burning out trying to acquire Aureus.

Will have to pick this up and do my usual 30 day stint.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Are there any new quests in the issue? Don't see a single mention of it in the notes, doesn't even really seem like buying the patch gives you anything just going by their marketing.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I really wish more people had engaged with The Secret World. The synergistic system they came up with using the Skill Wheel and the combination of active and passive abilities with discrete types of effects is just about perfect and the storyline was great stuff as well. I feel if they had reached a critical level of subscriber support they would have generated new content at a fast enough pace to cement a place in the MMO community. As it is I have to give them serious credit for sticking with it and continuing to evolve the game when other companies would have already shut down.
There were a lot of positives with TSW but I never devoted much time to it because my friends were always playing other games. If Funcom goes bankrupt, this game is good enough that it should continue on somehow/somewhere. With the high cost of developing games from scratch, I wonder how feasible it would be for some company to purchase the rights to TSW, hire some of the key ex-Funcom developers, put a new coat of paint on it by doing something simple like revamping the UI graphic/art design, and relaunching the game?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
There were a lot of positives with TSW but I never devoted much time to it because my friends were always playing other games. If Funcom goes bankrupt, this game is good enough that it should continue on somehow/somewhere. With the high cost of developing games from scratch, I wonder how feasible it would be for some company to purchase the rights to TSW, hire some of the key ex-Funcom developers, put a new coat of paint on it by doing something simple like revamping the UI graphic/art design, and relaunching the game?
Thing is, the graphics are perfect, and the UI is fluid. The Art Design was top notch. Blue Mountain, The Franklin House, The Haunted Amusement Park, and the Lighthouse were some of the most engaging story lines with the best atmosphere of any MMORPG I have ever played to date.

If people have not tried this game, you should. Seriously.

With that said, TSW did well (After F2P) Funcom doesn't know how to manage their company. Also, the Norweigan Government would be a hell hole to actually run an organization in anyway. It's impossible there to turn a profit because of all the government taxation.