The "Shit I just bought" thread

lurker

Vyemm Raider
I'm getting the $50 version soon
Luxe Bidet Neo 185 - Self Cleaning Dual Nozzle - Fresh Water Non-Electric Mechanical Bidet Toilet Attachment (blue and white) - - Amazon.com

I don't know who all these redditors are but the reason i chose that one is cuz it has maleANDa female setting, might as well wash that cooch. Who doesn't have a wife? or a SO at this point to even be thinking about a bidet.

I can't get the hot/cold version cuz it would be a pain to run the line to the hot water, so we'll see how that goes.
Do you really want to spray icy cold water at your ass and do you really expect your wife to do the same and more? I expect you'll each use this thing exactly once.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Ordering my displates tonight, kept putting it off and missed the cyber monday deal. There's a few 15% coupons if you look around.

Just getting my wife the nathan drake one and if she enjoys it I'll get her more later.

Actually thinking about getting a few more for a couple secret santa gifts I had but not sure how others will like them.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
theAmazon.com: Kitchenaid KPRA Pasta Roller and cutter for Spaghetti and Fettuccine: Pasta Makers: Kitchen Dining

pasta roller and cutter are great.

if you have a good food processor tho, i don't see why you'd need a meat grinder over just using that and pulsing properly.
I have a pretty good food processor, but I want to not only be able to get a perfect grind, but stuff sausages. The food processor works ok for grinding meat, but it's not ideal and you can 'over' grind it.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Soy I'd ship it to you to try but that thing is like 20 pounds and will probably cost me 50 bucks.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I have a pretty good food processor, but I want to not only be able to get a perfect grind, but stuff sausages. The food processor works ok for grinding meat, but it's not ideal and you can 'over' grind it.
Yea, admittedly you do have to pulse a lot, (to control the grind) rather than just holding down the button or you end up with meat slime.

Do you really want to spray icy cold water at your ass and do you really expect your wife to do the same and more? I expect you'll each use this thing exactly once.
I don't really care for it, but my wife sees that reddit post pop up every so often so why not. Too bad we didn't have the toilet bidets when we were in Italy, all the ones we saw were the hose type you just basically self aim at your ass.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Grim...how long your take to arrive?
Ordered night of the 24th, got here day of the 30th. So 5-6 days. Shipped on 27th for 3 days from that.

Speaking of that, how the fuck do you track your order? I can't find anything on the sight to input my order into.
I got an email from Displate with a link to the DHL page for it. I only remember because it was a pretty long haul with lots of stops.

OyqzlHM.png

The email was sorted in to my "Promotions" folder in gmail, so maybe check your spam folder.

Sulrn

Deuces
5 Pages late; but for those interested in the Game/PC streaming/Steamware I've resurrected theSteamOSThread and am working on getting comparisons together for Steam/Nvidia/etc.

So if any of you have any experience with the Nvidia Shield, Limelight, AppleTv, etc would appreciate your input.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
...I don't really care for it, but my wife sees that reddit post pop up every so often so why not. Too bad we didn't have the toilet bidets when we were in Italy, all the ones we saw were the hose type you just basically self aim at your ass.
Oh, I think the bidet idea is great, just not with cold water.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Amazon.com : Kupx High Grade Official Big Mouse Pad Game Mouse Pad Extended Edition Cloth Gaming Mouse Mat 23.6 Functional Non-slip Rubber Base Black Edge : Office Products

Pretty good mousepad for the price. Got it for work. Big, but not entire-desk-sized like my Aorus extended. Stitched edges, rubber backing.
I bought a func recently because they were awesome back in the late 90s early 00s and it fucking sucks. It was like 45 dollars and the surface wore off in like 3 months. You guys have recommendations for a non cloth or metal option, preferably oversized like the one you've shown there Mist.

Also, I'm not sure where else to ask this but I need a good soldering iron. I'm about to tackle a custom wiring harness for my race car and want to get the best I can get for 45 bucks tops. I picked one up from Fry's yesterday for 43.00 but after looking online afterwards I think I can do much better. Would prefer to buy from Amazon.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I bought a func recently because they were awesome back in the late 90s early 00s and it fucking sucks. It was like 45 dollars and the surface wore off in like 3 months. You guys have recommendations for a non cloth or metal option, preferably oversized like the one you've shown there Mist.

Also, I'm not sure where else to ask this but I need a good soldering iron. I'm about to tackle a custom wiring harness for my race car and want to get the best I can get for 45 bucks tops. I picked one up from Fry's yesterday for 43.00 but after looking online afterwards I think I can do much better. Would prefer to buy from Amazon.
A good weller will suit you well, this is good for 40ish bucks
Weller WLC100 40-Watt Soldering Station - Soldering Iron - Amazon.com

if you want to go Japanese, then it's Hakko
Hakko FX888D-23BY Digital Soldering Station FX-888D FX-888 (blue yellow) - Power Soldering Accessories - Amazon.com

but they get expensive, i have the older non funky colored kind (they started doing funky colors in 2010ish)

I do recommend getting a brass wire cleaner along with it, def a lot better and nicer than using the wet sponge
Amazon.com: Hakko 599B-02 Solder Tip Cleaning Wire and Holder: Industrial Scientific

Weller and Hakko are really the standards, good heat control and all that. Most ppl won't trust the chinese brands, they can't recover from a heat drop so quick.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
A good weller will suit you well, this is good for 40ish bucks
Weller WLC100 40-Watt Soldering Station - Soldering Iron - Amazon.com

if you want to go Japanese, then it's Hakko
Hakko FX888D-23BY Digital Soldering Station FX-888D FX-888 (blue yellow) - Power Soldering Accessories - Amazon.com

but they get expensive, i have the older non funky colored kind (they started doing funky colors in 2010ish)

I do recommend getting a brass wire cleaner along with it, def a lot better and nicer than using the wet sponge
Amazon.com: Hakko 599B-02 Solder Tip Cleaning Wire and Holder: Industrial Scientific

Weller and Hakko are really the standards, good heat control and all that. Most ppl won't trust the chinese brands, they can't recover from a heat drop so quick.

Excellent, thanks for the info!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The Hakko is absolutely awesome, it's what I've used and I have used it for small projects and also soldering and desoldering stuff on my laptop.

I've also used the Weller and it was equally as good.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit Grimmlokk do you realize you might have stumbled upon the equivalent to the Rosetta Stone for this community?

rrr_img_119248.jpg

Or you are just a creeper that signs for packages as Emma Watson ... what does the driver say to you when you do that?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Displates arrived. Spent an hour or so framing/hanging em best I could (WTF do frames cost so much?). I like. Can't wait till my son is off to college. Get my den back!

Shit pics, I know.

rrr_img_119277.jpg

rrr_img_119278.jpg

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Holy shit Grimmlokk do you realize you might have stumbled upon the equivalent to the Rosetta Stone for this community?

Or you are just a creeper that signs for packages as Emma Watson ... what does the driver say to you when you do that?
I'm just glad someone noticed my hard work=P It originally said "Wakandan Dick" but I felt it would be too obvious.

Why frame them? The whole point of the metal plate thing is that you can hang them without a frame for a more industrial and raw kind of look. Framed they're just like any other picture. I mean, they still look awesome but you're not really taking advantage of the whole main gimmick.