The "Shit I just bought" thread

Siliconemelons

Mrs. Gravy needs to write a book on relationships...damn - you need to teach wife classes.

LOL @ the ninja FOH down there - do I win a prize?

--RL pic of watch - crown is not as bad as I thought (seemed large to me) - its a fairly thick watch, but that seems to be the style now days - I am sure the hybrids will get thinner as time goes on.

thsmartwatch.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Needed a new grill. Bought something a bit more sturdy than the 60 dollar pos I got from Lowe's a couple years ago: Amazon.com : Weber 14401001 Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill, 22-Inch, Black : Patio, Lawn & Garden

View attachment 130409
Fuck yea, OG Webers are fucking the old faithful of grilling.

I hate those gas shits.

Do you have a chimney starter?
Weber Chimney Starter
41E5VDkWlHL.jpg

Weber makes one, it's more "shield" at the handle and there's a wire you can use with your other hand to more precisely dump out the coals, rather than just using the "ugh, this beer is dank" method.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, those chimney starters are legit. Used them many times on windy beach camping trips to get bbq / campfires started. Makes life pretty simple.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Lanx Lanx Yeah, I've had that chimney starter for a few years now. I loved it so much, I even left an Amazon review of it.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
networking stuff

and also my 1100 ft² of vinyl flooring came in today. I've been off of work all week and was expecting it on Monday...Ah well...

Why buy all that stuff individually instead of just one good router?

Oldbased

> Than U
Speaking of weird things and I wasn't sure where to put this but I figured this might have the best success, lately everything I have been buying off ebay comes from Amazon. Even like $3 items are being 2 day shipped to me but it isn't Amazon sellers and Amazon doesn't really work with paypal/ebay( doesn't even accept it ). So somehow sellers are running their products using Amazon's delivery system even for items only costing a few bucks but gaining 2 day shipping out of it.

Anyone know how they are doing this or why? It would seem a costly way to do things, granted many of the items are basic like 25 ammo cases or led collars that are fairly cheap to begin with but I've had it happen about 50% of the orders I've done lately and it was always on products that ship from China for VERY cheap but take 2 months to get here while this was the same item but a "US Seller".

Just curious if anyone else has experienced this and thoughts on what is going on.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Speaking of weird things and I wasn't sure where to put this but I figured this might have the best success, lately everything I have been buying off ebay comes from Amazon. Even like $3 items are being 2 day shipped to me but it isn't Amazon sellers and Amazon doesn't really work with paypal/ebay( doesn't even accept it ). So somehow sellers are running their products using Amazon's delivery system even for items only costing a few bucks but gaining 2 day shipping out of it.

Anyone know how they are doing this or why? It would seem a costly way to do things, granted many of the items are basic like 25 ammo cases or led collars that are fairly cheap to begin with but I've had it happen about 50% of the orders I've done lately and it was always on products that ship from China for VERY cheap but take 2 months to get here while this was the same item but a "US Seller".

Just curious if anyone else has experienced this and thoughts on what is going on.
It's called AMAZON FBA

Fullfillment by amazon.

very quickly how this works.

you label and put plastic bags on your items (say you're selling phone cases), you take the phone case box, put it in a clear plastic bag, and stick a label on it (tied to your account, etc), box it all up and (this is where it's FBA) ship it to Amazon, using Amazon's UPS corporate (ish) account.

AMAZON gets the box, unboxes it, and puts that stuff in their warehouse.

====
Now, when Olebass buys a phone case from XingYaoJoe or whatever the fuck on Ebay...

XingYaoJoe buys from his own stock and enters in your address.

This is all just ebay/amazon arbitrage, and sellers taking advantage of the Amazon FBA

It's either that or they're using "multichannel fullfillment" through FBA.

What's the receipt look like? wanna scan it and cover up your address?

Oldbased

> Than U
It's called AMAZON FBA

Fullfillment by amazon.

very quickly how this works.

you label and put plastic bags on your items (say you're selling phone cases), you take the phone case box, put it in a clear plastic bag, and stick a label on it (tied to your account, etc), box it all up and (this is where it's FBA) ship it to Amazon, using Amazon's UPS corporate (ish) account.

AMAZON gets the box, unboxes it, and puts that stuff in their warehouse.

====
Now, when Olebass buys a phone case from XingYaoJoe or whatever the fuck on Ebay...

XingYaoJoe buys from his own stock and enters in your address.

This is all just ebay/amazon arbitrage, and sellers taking advantage of the Amazon FBA

It's either that or they're using "multichannel fullfillment" through FBA.

What's the receipt look like? wanna scan it and cover up your address?
I've already thrown out the recent ones and didn't keep them( like $3-5 items is why ) but if I remember correctly it was 3 basic 4x4 inch pieces of paper. One had item and item numbers and so forth, one was operating instructions and the final one stated "A gift for you" with ebay name and user.( This is how they get Amazon to address the interior contents to you, as a gift message.

The ammo cases came this way, the led collars came this way. I've had a few others come this way as well. Cat toys of all things and batteries. Always 2 day delivered in a Amazon box but bought off Ebay.
It has to be some sort of loophole but it is always products that are normally in China/overseas but a few sellers ship from US which means it cuts shipping down from 1-2 months to less than a week for usually a buck or so more.

It sounds like you are spot on though. I'm going to start tagging all these sellers. Amazon shipping without Amazon prices.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I've already thrown out the recent ones and didn't keep them( like $3-5 items is why ) but if I remember correctly it was 3 basic 4x4 inch pieces of paper. One had item and item numbers and so forth, one was operating instructions and the final one stated "A gift for you" with ebay name and user.( This is how they get Amazon to address the interior contents to you, as a gift message.

The ammo cases came this way, the led collars came this way. I've had a few others come this way as well. Cat toys of all things and batteries. Always 2 day delivered in a Amazon box but bought off Ebay.
It has to be some sort of loophole but it is always products that are normally in China/overseas but a few sellers ship from US which means it cuts shipping down from 1-2 months to less than a week for usually a buck or so more.

It sounds like you are spot on though. I'm going to start tagging all these sellers. Amazon shipping without Amazon prices.

"a gift for you", is a gift receipt on amazon

they do this purposely so a real receipt with price and original buyer info isn't shown.

Oldbased

> Than U
I went back and made a list. 5 different sellers so far with me using it. First noticed it around Xmas when I ordered some cat stuff. Funny thing is the reason I bought these things off ebay was it was cheaper than Amazon.
4 of these 5 are HUGE sellers with massive feedback

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I went back and made a list. 5 different sellers so far with me using it. First noticed it around Xmas when I ordered some cat stuff. Funny thing is the reason I bought these things off ebay was it was cheaper than Amazon.
4 of these 5 are HUGE sellers with massive feedback
yea b/c of the way you can ship your items (as seller) to amazon using basically their discount w/ UPS, it ends up being really cheap, it's most likely (as you probably know) is a few cents more than 20day delivery, lol, but who wouldn't pay two dimes more to get it in two days instead of twenty.

• 1Solidarity

Jimmycarterwuwu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Fuck yea, OG Webers are fucking the old faithful of grilling.

I hate those gas shits.

Do you have a chimney starter?
Weber Chimney Starter
View attachment 130470

Weber makes one, it's more "shield" at the handle and there's a wire you can use with your other hand to more precisely dump out the coals, rather than just using the "ugh, this beer is dank" method.
Use this with my bge it eliminates 20 mins

kudos

<Banned>
Bought one of these and first thing I did was throw Linux on it. Touchscreen is compatible so the only thing I had to modify was the wifi not being seen. Once that was fixed it's an all around better computer since Windows 10 is shit.

i7 w/ 16GB ram & 4k screen.

Runs VM's like a champ. Keyboard is basically a macbook pro clone.

5206500_sd.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642.jpeg

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Bought one of these and first thing I did was throw Linux on it. Touchscreen is compatible so the only thing I had to modify was the wifi not being seen. Once that was fixed it's an all around better computer since Windows 10 is shit.

i7 w/ 16GB ram & 4k screen.

Runs VM's like a champ. Keyboard is basically a macbook pro clone.

View attachment 133470

Windows 10 is good

• 1Solidarity

Neki

Molten Core Raider
rrr_img_44896.jpg
rrr_img_44894.jpg
rrr_img_44895.jpg

Specifications:

Chassis Model
: Special Deal Hot Seller - Black OPS Aventum II
Exterior Finish: Onyx Black Matte Finish with Red Stand
Trim Accents: - Not Available
Processor: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 4960X 3.6GHz (Six-Core) (Extreme Performance)
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme X79 (Intel X79 Chipset) (Features USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s)
System Memory: 32GB DDR3 1866MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum DHX (Extreme-Performance)
Power Supply: PROMOTION: 1500W EVGA SuperNOVA NEX1500 Classified (Dual/Triple/Quad SLI Compatible) <b></b>
Expansion Bay: - No Thanks
Optical Drive: Blu-Ray Player/DVD Writer (Play Blu-Ray and Burn DVDs) (Slim Slot Loading Edition)
Storage Set 1: 1x (1TB Solid State (By: Samsung) (Model: 840 EVO Series) <b></b>
Storage Set 2: - No Thanks <b></b>
Storage Set 3: - No Thanks
RAID Config: - No Thanks
RAID Card: - No Thanks
Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)
Graphics Card(s):3x SLI Triple (NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN 6GB (Includes PhysX)
Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
HPC Processor: 1x NVIDIA Tesla K20 Computing Processor (5GB of Memory) <b></b>
Extreme Cooling: H20: HydroLux Copper: Digital Storm Copper Pipe Custom Cooling System (Video Cards + CPU + Chipset)
H20 Tube Color:Red Tubing with High-Performance Fluid (UV Lighting Reactive) <b></b>
Chassis Fans: Upgrade Chassis With LED Performance Fans (Red) (Up to 6 Fans) <b></b>
Internal Lighting: Digital Storm HydroLux RGB LED Lighting System (Requires HydroLux Control Board & Software)
Airflow Control: Digital Storm HydroLux Thermal Management Control Board & Software
Chassis Mods: Hailstorm II: Bottom Baseplate Mod (Cleaner Wiring Look & DS Logo Branding) <b></b>
Noise Reduction: Noise Suppression Package Stage 2 (Optimized Airflow & Fan Speeds with Noise Dampening Material) <b></b>
LaserMark: - No Thanks
Boost Processor: Stage 2: Overclock CPU 4.5GHz to 4.8GHz (Requires Pro/Deluxe/Sabertooth Motherboard)
Boost Graphics Card(s):Yes, Overclock the video card(s) as much as possible with complete stability <b></b>
Boost Memory: Memory Fan Kit Only (Does not include memory overclocking service) <b></b>
Boost OS: Yes, Disable and tweak all of the non-crucial services on the operating system <b></b>
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit Edition)
Recovery Tools: Windows Recovery Toolkit (Bundled with Windows CD)
Virus Protection: - No Thanks
Office: - No Thanks
Game: - No Thanks
Display: - No Thanks
Surge Shield: - No Thanks
Speakers: - No Thanks
Keyboard: - No Thanks
Mouse: - No Thanks
External Storage: - No Thanks
Exclusive T-Shirt: - No Thanks
Priority Build: - No Thanks, Ship Within 15-20 Business Days After Order Is Successfully Processed
Warranty: Life-time Expert Care with 6 Year Limited Warranty (6 Year Labor & 4 Year Part Replacement)

Was thinking about upgrading my rig when I remembered this post from nearly 4 years ago.

$16.8K back in the days for this rig. Holy shit...

How much would it cost to build a similar setup these days? 3x Titans I'm pretty sure can still run every game on ultra performance.