The "Shit I just bought" thread

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Lol Mrs. G...Just go find some young dude with a MILF fetish and get romped for a night...Then you can go back to trying to find a Gentlemen caller.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
playstation-4-slim-vertical-product-shot-01-us-07sep16?$TwoColumn_Image$.png

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Because I love Amazon and Christmas money:
For myself:two pair of lace top black thigh high stockings and three pair of lace top nude thigh high stockings; Taupe leather platform pump stiletto heel, chamois colored suede strapped pump heel, a couple of pair of sterling silver earrings and a two pack of 16 by 20 by 1" filtrete micro allergen furnace filters.

Because my family is happy I have Amazon: for my b-i-l the Carbon Express Intercept Supercoil Crossbow Kit (Rope Cocker, 3 arrow quiver, 3 crossbolts, rail lubricant, 3 practice points, 4X32 deluxe lighted scope).

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
z3UoTXD.jpg

2003 Brunswick brookstone 8' table from Craigslist. Not nearly as bad as i thought it would be to move it.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
home automation stuff

I am doing this to some of places. It can get expensive depending on how you want to do it.

I recently purchased the August Gen 2 lock. It got great and shitty reviews depending on what site you go to, but I figured I'd give a shot. I will let anyone interested do their own research but I personally love it. Have had zero issues and it's pretty cool to see who comes and goes. The one downside I've seen so far....is I gave my girlfriend a "key" so obviously to use she has to download the app. Her access is pretty open because well, I'm dumb and trust girlfriends, so now when I leave the house the app notifies her that the door has been locked/unlocked. My midnight strip club ventures are now known!

There are wifi fridges and ovens and all sorts of shit. Been contemplating them but still on the fence. I do personally like the coffee pot. I found I never used the generic brewmasters with timer, because my schedule is never 100%. However I do find myself waking up in bed, grabbing my ipad, which I would typically do anyway to check on one of those lame games I play or read the news or see how many work e-mails I got blasted with the night before(IE do I need to wake up ASAP and get to my computer or can i linger?). So now I open the coffee app and start it up. Is it a gimmick, yes. Do I like it, yes.

My next move, but sadly it's still insanely expensive to do the entire house, is the smart lighting. Essentially each lightbulb has a little wifi signal. All talks to the main program and you can control the lights via a computer/iphone/ipad. Now that alone is neat, but still kinda lame. I mean...what's the difference between an app and a switch on the wall? In fact the app is more annoying. However where it starts to shine is the whole IFTT thing. So you link it to the August lock or NEST thermostats or some random motion sensors around the house and with a little time and effort you can write yourself a little program. If Im not home turn off all the lights but X. If motion sensor goes off turn on lights for 15 minutes. At 2200 dim the hallway lights to 30% and turn off all others....you get the idea. It's pretty badass. I was too lazy to do a before and after on my electric bill so not sure of the effect, but they are all LED and in theory with a smart program you'd use less lighting. All of the lights can do any color(16 million, like a computer) and all can dim. You can also save a lighting set. So I can save "movie mode" which dims all the lights in the living room to 25% soft green. Or "Sex time" and the main bedroom lights go soft pink!
The company I used was Phillips Hue: http://www2.meethue.com/en-us/ but I'm sure there are competitors and such. As I said, expensive for an entire house but there is no reason you could not just do 1 room at a time.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have had the Phillips Hue in my HT room for over a year now. The app is annoying as fuck, but the remote is perfect. It amazingly takes no batteries and is powered by the audible click when you press one of the presets. It has 3 preset buttons (you program the presets with the app once) and an off button.

Philips Hue | Hue Tap

I also have a couple buttons on my Harmony remote, which controls my entire HT setup, including the Hue lights.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Bosch 24" Dishwasher | hhgregg

Dishwasher died but other kitchen appliances are 2 years old. Wanted a decent quitet, yet cheap one.

Wife wanted to just redo all appliances to some flat, brushed slate color stainless steel instead of black (white cabinets and black/silver marble so normal stainless steel looks meh especially given the hardwood color). Really glad I talked her out of that.

Last edited:

Siliconemelons

IMO for dishwashers any Bosch is better than, well anything else.. they make some damn nice and quiet dishwashers

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Just moved into a new townhome a few weeks ago, and since I'm on the end I get the "bonus" of having these two shitty little 24" x 48" fixed windows (that's the size I'd need to completely cover them by just a little bit on all sides.). They are ancient, single-pane, and filled with opaque gold-colored glass (I did say ancient). Aside from the heat loss through them, someone standing outside can see if I'm inside moving around and such, even if they can't actually clearly see if I'm jerking off or something. Obviously I could just put curtains or blinds over them, but I was hoping for something a little more decorative, along the lines of the displates linked a couple years ago in this thread from Displate | Make Your Home Awesome

Unfortunately, those are all a specific size and too small. I've browsed through artwork but nothing really struck my fancy yet, and apparently 24" x 48" isn't a very common size. Anyone know of anything cool that won't cost an arm and a leg? I'm not talking a Farrah Fawcett poster either, as enticing as that sounds.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
A new washing machine; it gets delivered/set up/ the old one taken away - tomorrow AM. The old one finally died - I mean it was only 27 years old so...