The "Shit I just bought" thread

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
So, I got one of these for Christmas:Neato XV-21 - Automatic Vacuum Cleaner | Neato Robotics

My house if all hardwoods and since I got a dog there's been hair everywhere and I have found myself vacuuming/sweeping almost daily. The robot actually does a fantastic job at getting into every nook and cranny and is extremely efficient at mapping out the room it's in and not vacuuming the same area twice. Unlike the Roomba vacs that just bounce around randomly covering all floor areas, the Neat actually laser scans your room for a proper plan of attack. You can program it to start its cleaning duties while you are out (its rather noisy) so when you come back home your whole place has been vacuumed.

One BIG fucking warning not mentioned in the FAQ (lol..)-- If you have a dog that still shits in the house DO NOT have this thing programmed to vacuum during a time where the turd could go unnoticed by you. It has a "dirt sensor" that causes it to back over areas it still senses as dirty.. In case I haven't hinted enough at the potential catastrophe this can cause, I came home to the vacuum/turd equivalent of Monster Truck Muddin'-- the little robot had ground/tracked turd all over the place, and I had to pretty much disassemble the whole unit to clean pudding poop from the wheels, brush, housing, and totally toss the HEPA filters
frown.png

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Can that thing get over any 'bumps'? I have a slightly raised partition where my wood laminate floors change to tile.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Can that thing get over any 'bumps'? I have a slightly raised partition where my wood laminate floors change to tile.
Shouldn't be an issue. All of my house is hardwood except the bedroom and it has no problem plowing over the raised wooden threshold to get at the carpet. About the only thing you have to worry about (besides dog poop) are rugs with tassels-- but this is no different than any vacuum cleaner. Otherwise so far it has been "set it and forget it"-- it even goes back to charge on its own when it has low battery. The first time I set it up I sat there for an hour watching it do its work, and I was amazed how it meticulously goes over every square foot, moves along wall edges, and senses edges of stairways.. I had written these off as dumb gadgets years ago when they first came out, but I must say the tech has come a long way and I am impressed.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
True that, though to be fair, it may have just smeared the shit everywhere. The partition is a bit more solid.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All this talk of poopsmearing and no one posted this completely relevant video?

Also with the dog hair make sure you clean the brush agitator things fairly often.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Lol good to know that nightmare wasn't unique to me. Definitely glad I got the Neato over the Roomba based on that video, the stronger suction of the Neato meant I had more poop in my vacuum than on my floor--the dustbin looked like someone had detonated a turd inside of it. Cleaning the wheels were the fucking worst-- it uses "nubbed" moon rover like tires, and every nook and cranny was caked with turd.

Anyways, I watched it do its thing last night, and was amazed at how well it tackled my dining room. I thought for sure it would either bypass the maze that is my dining table/chairs, or at least get caught up in the legs. However, the thing just doesn't give up and managed to navigate under and between all six chairs not missing a spot. It then proceeded to move to my bar stools, thinking it would have problems cleaning around the seating shafts, but the thing was genius-- making a 360 degree "clothesline" maneuver around the surface of each bar stool. Very cool as my dog loves sleeping at the base of the stool, and they show dog hair like crazy.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
Some things I've tried lately:

SodaStream Dynamo LX: Got this for $60 on Black Friday. I love the thing. I've gone all-in with soda's, teas, lemonade, energy drinks, etc.
Sodastream Dynamo LX Home Soda Maker Deluxe Mega Pack : Amazon.com : Kitchen Dining

Bose Soundlink Mini: This thing is tiny, and for its size, sounds very good. However, it's not good enough for my living room. It lacks dynamic range and the sound is "flat." I returned it.
Amazon.com: Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker: MP3 Players Accessories

Sonos Play 1 speaker with free wireless bridge: The Play 1 is their cheapest speaker but it sounds great. It kicks the Boses' ass. My only complaint is that you can't use Google's All Access music service with it, which is where I play most of my music from. It would be perfect for me if it had that. Hopefully they will add it soon.
Amazon.com: SONOS PLAY:1 Compact Wireless Speaker for Streaming Music - (Black): Electronics

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Some things I've tried lately:

SodaStream Dynamo LX: Got this for $60 on Black Friday. I love the thing. I've gone all-in with soda's, teas, lemonade, energy drinks, etc.
Sodastream Dynamo LX Home Soda Maker Deluxe Mega Pack : Amazon.com : Kitchen Dining

Bose Soundlink Mini: This thing is tiny, and for its size, sounds very good. However, it's not good enough for my living room. It lacks dynamic range and the sound is "flat." I returned it.
Amazon.com: Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker: MP3 Players Accessories

Sonos Play 1 speaker with free wireless bridge: The Play 1 is their cheapest speaker but it sounds great. It kicks the Boses' ass. My only complaint is that you can't use Google's All Access music service with it, which is where I play most of my music from. It would be perfect for me if it had that. Hopefully they will add it soon.
Amazon.com: SONOS PLAY:1 Compact Wireless Speaker for Streaming Music - (Black): Electronics
You will use that SodaStream for like a week or two, then realize the shit is just easier to buy from the fuckin store.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Boots are pretty gay. I dig the shoes, though. The jacket I have no opinion on. I don't even own a sweater in south Florida.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
No offense Araybro but you look like you would be trolling for cock right after buying those boots.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
I've used the Sodastream for 3 weeks and have no intention of stopping. How is driving to the store for soda easier than taking 10 seconds to make your own?