The "Shit I just bought" thread

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Under the category of "shit" I just bought-
rrr_img_52933.jpg

Normally I wouldn't touch Bud Light (unless it was free of course) but I also got this today-
rrr_img_52934.jpg

That is over 7lbs of hops, so what I have done is dry-hopped the Bud Light with the hops to give me an idea of what flavors I can expect from each variety. Since Bud Light is so, well flavorless, it should really allow the aroma and flavor of the hops to come through.
rrr_img_52935.jpg

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Is that a standard thing people do? It's pretty ingenious, though I'd probably go with Coors Light.
It is a pretty well known technique among homebrewers. Any light BMC will do for the experiment, but finding bottles of said brands can actually be kind of tricky. That was literally the only 12 pack of bottles of any BMC in the entire store, everything else was cans. Some people will use something like Sierra Nevada Pale for the experiment because it has more of a malt backbone similar to beers they would brew, but I wanted something that really let the hops come through without any other conflicting flavors.

That's pretty cool. Where you buy dry hops?
Any homebrew supply store will have hops, but I got a bulk order from a farm here in WA. I brew a lot of beer
wink.png

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
It is a pretty well known technique among homebrewers. Any light BMC will do for the experiment, but finding bottles of said brands can actually be kind of tricky. That was literally the only 12 pack of bottles of any BMC in the entire store, everything else was cans. Some people will use something like Sierra Nevada Pale for the experiment because it has more of a malt backbone similar to beers they would brew, but I wanted something that really let the hops come through without any other conflicting flavors.
That's pretty crazy how bottles are so rare in Washington. I could walk into any store here in Ohio and the stuff will be stacked to the ceiling. Even Natural Light can be spotted in bottles lol.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
How much did you put in each bottle? I have never heard of dry hopping in a bottle. My last brew I dry hopped during fermentation, used whole buds though, because they are much easier to remove than the mud that pellets produce.

Hope it works out, good luck!

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I put about 2 grams in each bottle, which is the equivalent of about 4oz of dry hops for a 5 gallon batch. Close to how much I put in most my IPAs. I also usually dry hop in the fermenter or in the keg before carbonation. The CO2 in the BL will have a small impact on the flavor, but for the purposes of this experiment it should work out fine.

I've gone back and forth on whether I like working with pellets or leaf hops, each has pros-and-cons, but for my methods I find pellets to be the lesser of two evils. A hop spider and stainless steel dry-hopper are both on my X-Mas list.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I bought two Glock 17 Gen 4's. And a 20 G4.

Ex girlfriend is getting a 17 for Xmas
biggrin.png
...mainly so I can get my 29 back.

She's a champ with the 10MM, so the 9MM will be utter cake for her. Also got her two Pearce mag extensions for stocking stuffers. I'm pretty awesome for presents.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Blackbird arrived...

The brown cherries feel like reds with a little bump to em when pushed.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Dante's inferno was awful and you should feel bad for getting the CE. I'm surprised the figure wasn't a demon cock.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Dante's inferno was awful and you should feel bad for getting the CE. I'm surprised the figure wasn't a demon cock.
Oh, Dante's Inferno didn't have a CE. That was just a regular Gamestop pre-order thing for it. Same with the Prototype Alex Mercer figure and the Overlord Minion figure.

The CE/LE stuff is: Assassin's Creed 3 and 4, Bioshock 1, Tales of Xillia 1, Disgaea D2, Fallout 3, and .hack//GU.

There's also a Dragon Age 2 Sword/Letter Opener that I bought on a whim.

Kaige

<WoW Guild Officer>
<WoW Guild Officer>
What's up with the top shelf being so out of level? good lord. I'm surprised the figures aren't sliding off!

Sean_sl

shitlord
It's not out of level (only the Big Daddy shelf is slightly off, the rest are all pretty much perfectly level), I just am not the best camera man in the world and it was hard to get a straight angle on the shot of it.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
It's not out of level (only the Big Daddy shelf is slightly off, the rest are all pretty much perfectly level), I just am not the best camera man in the world and it was hard to get a straight angle on the shot of it.
Get a CASE man. Looks cleaner. Bring those shelves back man. Like the figurines.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
sean, spend $20 and buy a book on decorating instead.

if i walked into someone's house and saw that

abe-simpson-gif.gif

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
im gonna cash in on some post Xmas sales this year. i put aside about $2000 for clothes and accessories to spend this week.