The "Shit I just bought" thread

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Browns. Never tried them before. Sounds like they are soft as the reds with a tactile feel.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks nice for a bare bone keyboard. I require Macro keys in a keyboard now though.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've tried a ton of headphones in the past and my favorite headphone is DT880 600ohm hands down. I run it with O2 amp/dac. It's still pretty good for games too.

My second favorite is an older stax setup... but it's terrible for games. For music though... man that bass thump is pretty addicting.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What happened to the dude that did the O2 amp? I was looking forward to his desktop version.

Also, how can I tell if the amp I have is suitable for the headphones I have(or are looking at)? I've heard improper pairings can lead to headphone damage.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
What happened to the dude that did the O2 amp? I was looking forward to his desktop version.

Also, how can I tell if the amp I have is suitable for the headphones I have(or are looking at)? I've heard improper pairings can lead to headphone damage.
Generally speaking, amps won't damage your headphones. Some amps have shody design and sent too much voltage to the diaphragm and fried some headphones. The Schiit Asgard was one of them.

Schiit Asgard on/off cycle K702 - YouTube

NwAvGuy probably decided to just hang up the gloves after proving everyone wrong and basically designing a DAC that performs on par with Benchmark DAC1 for a fraction of the cost (around 10%). There are companies that already modified the amp/dac into a desktop version, and he no longer needs to get involved. Not like there's anything wrong with the portable version. Honestly, he did everyone a favour for designing the amp by exposing all the hacks in the audio community.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My $10 earbuds just lost sound in the right one.

31UHv5dfWcL._SX425_.jpg

I give absolutely zero fucks about sound quality, I use them when I walk the dogs to listen to podcasts. It really isn't important to me if Kumail Nanjiani's voice has perfect fidelity when telling a dick joke.

Any suggestions on better shitty dirt cheap ear buds?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Generally speaking, amps won't damage your headphones. Some amps have shody design and sent too much voltage to the diaphragm and fried some headphones. The Schiit Asgard was one of them.

Schiit Asgard on/off cycle K702 - YouTube

NwAvGuy probably decided to just hang up the gloves after proving everyone wrong and basically designing a DAC that performs on par with Benchmark DAC1 for a fraction of the cost (around 10%). There are companies that already modified the amp/dac into a desktop version, and he no longer needs to get involved. Not like there's anything wrong with the portable version. Honestly, he did everyone a favour for designing the amp by exposing all the hacks in the audio community.
Link to desktop version?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Read a review on it before purchasing though.
Always. But what bugs me about audio products is that it's highly subjective or tries to be objective and goes over my head. I COULD understand all the shit NwAvGuy spews onto his blog, I just don't have the motivation.

Thanks for the links. I'll keep your offer in mind. My employer is forcing furlough/vacation for the holidays, so I'm not in a spending mood.

Oldbased

> Than U
I use these pieces of shit when I work out and when I play my Vita/3DS:Amazon.com: Panasonic RPHJE120K In-Ear Headphone, Black: Electronics

Sound is ok, quality seems alright. I haven't broken them in the 8 months I've used them. They are very comfortable.
I ordered those as well about 4 months ago due to the fact they had 8000 fucking reviews on amazon and were $8.
The only gripe I have about them is no clip on the cord. The durability and quality for the price was insane though. I compared them to 3 other sets I had. By far imo the best buds for the price.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've got a set of those Panasonic's as well. I love them. Actually about to order another set for myself at work (so I don't have to bring them with me every day) and one set for the wife for Christmas.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Death I personally have the jds lab version of the dac and amp. Works great even as a desktop and you can use it as a portable if you want. If you want modified versions of the amp and dac look up audio poutine.