The "Shit I just bought" thread

lurker

Vyemm Raider
I didn't even know rotary phones would work with the phone system nowdays. Seems like we had to replace a few in the shop at work at one point because they were no longer compatible. They had been out there since probably the late 60's.
I didn't think it would work either, but it does and so I bought a desk model in "avocado" at an estate sale. It works also. I was using Quest and now I use Vonage.

I bought a little device that you hold up to the mouthpiece. It has a keypad and it sounds the corresponding tones when you press a number. It's from the transition period from rotary to touch, but it only works sometimes. If I think I might need to navigate a phone system, I'll use a phone with a keypad.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Just picked up a new one of these, black and large (teehee):SHOEI North America | X-Twelve

Had an old X-11 that was my first bike helmet. Either it shrunk or my head got bigger, because it started to give me cranial cramps a couple years ago. Since then I've been borrowing an old RF-900 of my bro's, and managed to wreck the old X-11 when I was driving with it clipped underneath my back seat and the fucking thing came off. There really is a pretty huge difference in windnoise between the old RF-900 and the X-11, looking forward to putting on some miles with less noise and buffeting.

Oh and I bought a top case for my Multistrada. All set for my trip down the Pacific Coast Highway in a few weeks! Was thinking of picking up a new jacket or pants, I've got some old Icon textile ones, but fuck it they're good enough for the time being.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I didn't actually buy this. My dad bought it and went out and rode it once. Crashed and realized that at his age a bad crash could be truly awful. So he gave me the new bike he'd just bought and got himself a nice stationary bike.

Trek 7.2 FX

Asset_201437

It's waaaay nicer than my old Trek mountain bike, especially since I only ride on the road these days. Downside is now I feel compelled to actually use the thing, so my legs feel like spaghetti noodles and I realize just how woefully out of shape I am.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I didn't actually buy this. My dad bought it and went out and rode it once. Crashed and realized that at his age a bad crash could be truly awful. So he gave me the new bike he'd just bought and got himself a nice stationary bike.

Trek 7.2 FX

It's waaaay nicer than my old Trek mountain bike, especially since I only ride on the road these days. Downside is now I feel compelled to actually use the thing, so my legs feel like spaghetti noodles and I realize just how woefully out of shape I am.
I bought a Trek 7.1 about a month and a half ago. They had a 7.2 in stock but the difference in price was absurd, something like 450 versus 550+, and I didn't see/feel much of a difference. But yeah, I also upgraded from a really old Trek mountain bike and the difference between that behemoth and the 7.1 is night and day.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
How does the 12 compare with the 11? Been using an x11 for a few years myself, it's scratched to hell, but it's good for another season or two I figure. Still, I'm curious what their new gen of helmet compares with the last one.
Seems like the ventilation is a fair bit better, but it's been a couple years since I wore the 11. The visor seems to seal a bit better, and the tilt action seems a bit smoother. Can't re-use old visors though, it's a new design. Otherwise it seems pretty similar, really.

Izo

Tranny Chaser

Trek 7.2 FX

Nice bike. I'd opt for the disc brake version for looks. How much are they in the states? $750, $800 for the disc version here.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Seems like the ventilation is a fair bit better, but it's been a couple years since I wore the 11. The visor seems to seal a bit better, and the tilt action seems a bit smoother. Can't re-use old visors though, it's a new design. Otherwise it seems pretty similar, really.
Been generally happy with my x11, especially with the fit, but the thing I'm most concerned with when I'll replace it is fogging. Can't stand still in any weather without fogging that bitch up and if it's raining or very high humidity in the morning, then forget it, I basically have to ride with the visor half open for anything below 70km/h.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Strange, never really had an issue with fogging. Although I put that nose piece in to help keep my breath from going up in to the visor. It makes a pretty big difference.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, Im using it too. I'll have to give a try at one of those anti-fog double lens some time.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
But yeah, I also upgraded from a really old Trek mountain bike and the difference between that behemoth and the 7.1 is night and day.
The first time I picked it up I almost threw it in to the sun because I was so unprepared for it to be that light compared to what I was used to.

Nice bike. I'd opt for the disc brake version for looks. How much are they in the states? $750, $800 for the disc version here.
No idea what the bike ran him(no disc brakes), I think he said it was $700 all in with the fancy pump, helmet, nishiki tool thing, and long cable lock. I love my dad and he's a shrewd negotiator on things he knows about, but on some things he gets talked in to all kinds of shit by sales people and I suspect this is one of those cases.

Also I linked to the wrong one before.

7.2 FX - Trek Bicycle

It's still kicking my ass.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I've actually been looking for a good bike brand/type to buy for when i move to Victoria BC, how are those fitness treks? seems to be 500 at the local bike shops in Calgary atm.. which i can get half the money back from my company anyway

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, Im using it too. I'll have to give a try at one of those anti-fog double lens some time.
My schuberth came with the pinlock visor preinstalled and I have zero issues, definitely worth a shot