The Summer 2019 Anime Thread

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
The fuck are you talking about lol? I am totally fine with it being some dime a dozen shit I read on the train.
Nothing wrong with it, but if you are confused with the writing it may be because the author is just not very good, and the WN translation does not make it better. If you're looking for mindless entertainment I linked you a novelupdates search with descending ratings.

Supposedly the creator of Arifureta forgets the skill of Hajime of eating monsters after the Orcus laybrinth -- as in, the MC never uses the skill again. Anyone who's read the LN -- is this true?
Yes. He doesn't even use it with the
angels, but uses a different skill to put his third/fourth waifu into an angel body.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Doctor Stone is so disappointing.

This series would have been better without the bad guy. Punching a lion to death really, I am supposed to believe that?

So many interesting ways of writing prehistoric human struggles and instead they cheap out with yet another highschool pointless drama.

they could have made nets and use torches to drive the lions away, and just say as long as we carry the torches, it will keep the predators at bay and boom, problem solved.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The trailers for that show looked awful, no idea what the buzz was about. Is it a Crunchyroll specific show and that's why they were pushing it so hard?

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
The trailers for that show looked awful, no idea what the buzz was about. Is it a Crunchyroll specific show and that's why they were pushing it so hard?
No, it's an award-winning Weekly Shounen Jump series which both is a frontrunner in WSJ and sells lots of books, so there was a lot of hype for it beforehand.

• 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
They could have all that without the bad guy's character. He is just pointless.
He could also say, you know for now we are not rezzing anyone over 40 because we cant afford old people who cant work, so we need only young people.

Bam.. done.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
His character will become more prominent later in the series. You can actually kind of see where the show is going to go. He is too important of a character.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I am on the third light novel but I don't think I can take much more of it. The translation is terrible and makes no sense at parts.
A few series that you may enjoy...

You seem to have a similar reading style (mindless entertainment) that I have.

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash (So much better than the Anime)
Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (This is DanMachi. The light novel is so good. I love the anime, but it's so much better.)
No Game No Life (I've liked every book except for the one about the war. It was the same as the movie, which didn't do anything for me either.)
The Rising of the Shield Hero (Same... much better than anime)
Only I Level Up (This is a Korean series that we talked about on the book forum. Someone did official translations to all 270 chapters, and it was a very enjoyable read.)

If you want to read that, the first 40 chapters are free. After that, you normally have to pay. There's another site that has all the pay chapters for this and every other series on webnovel.com
Only I level up - Chapter 1 - Webnovel - Your Fictional Stories Hub (1-40)
https://toc.qidianunderground.org/#O (41-270) Scroll down to Only I Level Up

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Abandoned Sacred Beasts is actually quite good.

Holy fuck that was a heavy first episode. I don't want to sound like too much of a nerd (lul) but the concept of, "you can never go back" resonates with me. This is a concept taught in novels like All Quiet on the Western Front, Forever War, and innumerable others. But I think it might hit you harder if you did a few tours.

I'll be watching this for sure.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Some cringey ass CGI going on though!

I am on the third light novel but I don't think I can take much more of it. The translation is terrible and makes no sense at parts.
are you reading a robit translation?

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
A few series that you may enjoy...

You seem to have a similar reading style (mindless entertainment) that I have.

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash (So much better than the Anime)
Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (This is DanMachi. The light novel is so good. I love the anime, but it's so much better.)
No Game No Life (I've liked every book except for the one about the war. It was the same as the movie, which didn't do anything for me either.)
The Rising of the Shield Hero (Same... much better than anime)
Only I Level Up (This is a Korean series that we talked about on the book forum. Someone did official translations to all 270 chapters, and it was a very enjoyable read.)

If you want to read that, the first 40 chapters are free. After that, you normally have to pay. There's another site that has all the pay chapters for this and every other series on webnovel.com
Only I level up - Chapter 1 - Webnovel - Your Fictional Stories Hub (1-40)
https://toc.qidianunderground.org/#O (41-270) Scroll down to Only I Level Up

I burn through books like a furnace son. Read all that shit.

Thank you though.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
So I just got back from watching the movie: Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? - Arrow of the Orion.

What a great movie. Very beautiful animation and good action too. It's a stand alone story between s1 and s2 I believe.

Was about an hour and a half I think ..worth the 13 bucks to see it on the theater screen.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just finished watching it as well. It seems to take place half way through the 2nd season. After the latest episode, at least. Just because Hello dances with the chastity goddess, and he mentions never dancing before when he and Ais danced.

I can't pinpoint the exact time though, because the familia is only Bell still.

It also allows us Fels talking to the city god. I don't recall him appearing in season 1.

It also shows us the Fox girl from the sex district. She won't appear until the 2nd half of the current season.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Ok man Sacred Beasts may be too much for me to watch. I've never been emotionally impacted by... any TV series and I don't hold my time in the service in high regard or anything. But the entire thing is about a commanding officer hunting down and killing his entire company because they have hardcore PTSD after sacrificing their lives for the cause. But the abilities they were given along with their PTSD make them too dangerous to live in a post-war era.

God damn that is some fucked up shit.

• 1Like

Rude

Potato del Grande
So I'm not sure where to ask this but whatever. Fist of the North Star series on bluray, did they stop producing these? Didn't pull the trigger earlier this year and everywhere has seemingly been "sold out" on the series since some time in May. Wtf is going on!

• 1Like

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ok man Sacred Beasts may be too much for me to watch. I've never been emotionally impacted by... any TV series and I don't hold my time in the service in high regard or anything. But the entire thing is about a commanding officer hunting down and killing his entire company because they have hardcore PTSD after sacrificing their lives for the cause. But the abilities they were given along with their PTSD make them too dangerous to live in a post-war era.

God damn that is some fucked up shit.
Feels the guy watched Rambo and was like "Hmmm, nice topic, but I don't believe romcom was the proper medium"

• 2Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Fruits basket.... i'm not crying you're crying!

Demon slayer has no shit episodes. It's amazing.

• 1Like