The Summer 2019 Anime Thread

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I think imma pass on that.

This has been such an awesome and fun ride, i don't want to spoil it.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I've read about 40 episodes worth and holy shit, this manga fucking delivers. The anime will continue to be absolutely amazing.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Well....fuck.

Do not click this if you don't want to see an image from Demon Slayer (later in the manga).

6.jpg

Unbelievable. I should've seen this coming.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I want to like Cheat Magician... but these last two episodes have been colossal hunks of shit. It's so bad. Ugh...

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I was about to give up on Kanata no Astra but that episode peaked my interest again. Top shows for me are #1 cop craft and #2 Vinland , Dan Machi is still entertaining. I'll probably stop watching Dr Stone and Arifureta if it doesn't get better (which I doubt for Arifureta).

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I still love DanMachi, but they really rushed through this episode. The war was 1/2 of a light novel. Should be at least 2 episodes. Instead they just took the rough ideas and pushed them through.
The big fight with the general was supposed to be epic. That guy's level 3, where as Bell is only level 2. It's an amazing battle... instead, there are 2 attacks total. So rushed... Ugh. I guess they're planning on spending a lot more time with the red light district.

Last episode was extremely rushed as well. Getting to the point where everyone joins the Hestia familia was a real difficult situation. They had to "The Sting" everything to make it work out that smoothly, and there was a cost for doing everything. Not in the show.

• 1Solidarity

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Yeah, that episode was way too rushed and I haven't even read the manga. It was still good to see him fuck that prick up. But I'd like to know how he charged up his firebolt the way he did. Either I don't remember it from the first season, or they skipped out on saying how he can do that.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I've felt Danmachi was pretty meh so far this season. The whole thing felt rushed with a lot of details left out. Apollo also seemed like a pretty dumb bad guy and I didn't like how they went about getting them to agree to the war game. Apparently if if you're merely prepared to pay a fine to the guild you can do whatever the hell you want in town.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Great episode of Demon Slayer. It is almost word for word exact to the manga. They are not cutting anything out.

Rude

Potato del Grande
So I'm not sure where to ask this but whatever. Fist of the North Star series on bluray, did they stop producing these? Didn't pull the trigger earlier this year and everywhere has seemingly been "sold out" on the series since some time in May. Wtf is going on!
Nobody? Sad

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
DanMachi was awesome. I for one didn't read the manga. I'm glad they didn't Dragon Ball this episode.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Lord El Melloi II is pretty good so far.

You guys are right, Danmachi is moving at a breakneck speed. But if the end of the season is epic, that's ok.

I'm also liking Accelerator this season. Pretty standard ESPer stuff, but the MC is interesting.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
I kinda new it was coming, but god I got hyped when it was time to use Rhongomyniad in El Melloi.

• 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Sadpanda. I am all caught up with the Demon Slayer manga. I could not put it down. From chapter 34 to 168 all within two days. What an amazing series.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its kinda difficult to watch the other shows this season after watching each episode of Demon Slayer and Lord Melloi II, they are just in a class by themselves.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Feels like I need to read the backstory of magic in the Fate universe to really get much out of Lord Melloi. I watched Fate/Zero years ago so i'm familiar with Waver but all the techno babble just goes over my head.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah, that episode was way too rushed and I haven't even read the manga. It was still good to see him fuck that prick up. But I'd like to know how he charged up his firebolt the way he did. Either I don't remember it from the first season, or they skipped out on saying how he can do that.
When you hear the ringing bell, it's his "Argonaut" ability charging. It's what gave him a few 1-hit kills in the past (like against the Dragon when trying to rescue Lily after she stole his dagger).
It can "charge" up a maximum of 30 seconds for the biggest effect. So that's what he did to blast through all the floors of the tower and get to the ceiling with a single shot.

Most of my knowledge is from reading the light novel, but I do recall them mentioning it a little in season one.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Also, Demon Slayer... the daddy guy shed his skin into becoming a spider with... 19 eyes? Ok.

PJuo6fC.png

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Also, Demon Slayer... the daddy guy shed his skin into becoming a spider with... 19 eyes? Ok.
Are you demon-shaming? So sick of these damn cisgelic shitlords. I thought this was 2019.

• 1Worf