The Video Thread

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Some pretty fucking amazing tornado footage here from Pasadena TX earlier this year.

Was back in the mid 90's I was staying with my real dad for the summer while he was training jumping horses. The place we were staying at was this huge, absolute monster of a facility for horses with the president (at the time) of Peabody Hotels in Memphis. I live at Smith Mountain Lake, where literal movies have been recorded (What about Bob? etc.) and the guys that ran that real estate firm are still the richest people Ive ever met. The guy that lived there smoked weed all the time and kind of ruined the idea, for whatever reason, what I thought was a poor persons drug. (I was like 10 or something, idk).

ANYWAYS - the wind was picking up and we heard the sirens from off in the distance. This guy had a literal viewing room that was taller than the trees that you could look at shit with his big ass binocular equipment. I tried to google it but there were actually quite a few major tornado's back then and I cant recall the year it was exactly. But I remember seeing trees and cars just being lifted up several hundred feet in the sky.

Ive seen hurricanes, landslides, avalanches, floods etc. - just all kinds of disasters over the years, and to this day.. That Tornado is the most vicious thing I have ever seen from mother nature. Some little ones have ripped through my area in Virginia, but the one I saw on the outskirts of Memphis that day was absolutely massive. (There are bigger ones than that from what I understand, so wtf do I know?) Something Ill never forget - fuck living out in middle USA. Props to the size of balls you must have to live in Tornado Alley if any of you do.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Was back in the mid 90's I was staying with my real dad for the summer while he was training jumping horses. The place we were staying at was this huge, absolute monster of a facility for horses with the president (at the time) of Peabody Hotels in Memphis. I live at Smith Mountain Lake, where literal movies have been recorded (What about Bob? etc.) and the guys that ran that real estate firm are still the richest people Ive ever met. The guy that lived there smoked weed all the time and kind of ruined the idea, for whatever reason, what I thought was a poor persons drug. (I was like 10 or something, idk).

ANYWAYS - the wind was picking up and we heard the sirens from off in the distance. This guy had a literal viewing room that was taller than the trees that you could look at shit with his big ass binocular equipment. I tried to google it but there were actually quite a few major tornado's back then and I cant recall the year it was exactly. But I remember seeing trees and cars just being lifted up several hundred feet in the sky.

Ive seen hurricanes, landslides, avalanches, floods etc. - just all kinds of disasters over the years, and to this day.. That Tornado is the most vicious thing I have ever seen from mother nature. Some little ones have ripped through my area in Virginia, but the one I saw on the outskirts of Memphis that day was absolutely massive. (There are bigger ones than that from what I understand, so wtf do I know?) Something Ill never forget - fuck living out in middle USA. Props to the size of balls you must have to live in Tornado Alley if any of you do.

This thing hit about 5 mins down the road from my house when I was 7.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users