The Walking Dead

Cybsled

Instantly die? Fire burns out eventually...zombies aren't some Pennsylvania coal seam lol.

However, you would attract probably thousands upon thousands of zombies to the area, which you then risk avoiding the pit (which has since burned out) and ending up near your town. That also isn't factoring in any human threats that would notice the huge bonfire/smoke column.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Train them across the beltway bridge into Maryland and block off the road. From there it's just a a bit further north and they can try out for the Redskins.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
They could have done it as a reference to 'Fear the walking dead', muster the herd off and down that road, then once they're good and clear of Alexandria. We see that their target is a military held safe zone with a hospital and medical staff. Have the Zombies over-run that fucken place, kill all inside.

George Lucas - It's like poetry it rhymes

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Lighting them on fire is a bad idea, because now you have a giant fucking "LOL COME HERE ZOMBIES" beacon that can be seen for miles.
They already said the aggregate noise of the horde was drawing zombies from everywhere

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
They already said the aggregate noise of the horde was drawing zombies from everywhere
This is level of thinking beyond this show but you wouldn't ever want to alert any other actual people to your location with a giant bonfire.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
This is level of thinking beyond this show but you wouldn't ever want to alert any other actual people to your location with a giant bonfire.
If there's one thing this show has rammed home over and over (true or not) the zombies are not that dangerous, other people are.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
So more Zombies walk in to the fire and instantly die? What is the problem again?
zombies have lived through napalm bomb attacks and Tyrese(?) setting those pits on fire the guvner had dug. Fire is not an effective zombie murder solution.

HOWEVER, by now weather SHOULD have been an effective murder solution. Zombie attacks should be slowing down by now... or one would think anyway. Thinking about this show is a poor idea...

kaxfenix

N00b
zombies have lived through napalm bomb attacks and Tyrese(?) setting those pits on fire the guvner had dug. Fire is not an effective zombie murder solution.

HOWEVER, by now weather SHOULD have been an effective murder solution. Zombie attacks should be slowing down by now... or one would think anyway. Thinking about this show is a poor idea...
I like to think that TWD world Follows closely to the WWZ( Max Brooks Book ) world in which he tries to give some type of Physiology to a Zombie Detailed in here
http://zombie.wikia.com/wiki/Zombies_(Max_Brooks)

Particularity life span

The average zombie "life span" - how long it is able to function before completely rotting away - is estimated at three to five years. As fantastic as this sounds - a human corpse able to ward off the natural effects of decay - its cause is rooted in basic biology. When a human body dies, its flesh is immediately set upon by billions of microscopic organisms. These organisms were always present, in the external environment and within the body itself. In life, the immune system stood as a barrier between these organisms and their target. In death, that barrier is removed. The organisms begin multiplying exponentially as they proceed to eat and, thereby, break down the corpse on a cellular level. The smell and discoloration associated with any decaying meat are the biological process of these microbes at work. When you order an "aged" steak, you are ordering a piece of meat that has begun to rot, its formerly toughened flesh softened by microorganisms breaking down its sturdy fiber.

Within a short time, that steak, like a human corpse, will dissolve to nothing, leaving behind only material with no nutritional value, or is too hard for any microbe, such as bone, teeth, nails, and hair. This is the normal cycle of life, nature's way of recycling nutrients back into the food chain. To halt this process, and preserve dead tissue, it is necessary to place it in an environment unsuitable for bacteria, such as in extreme low or high temperatures, in toxic chemicals such as formaldehyde, or, in this case, to saturate it with Solanum. Almost all the microbe species involved in normal human decomposition have repeatedly rejected flesh infected by the virus, effectively embalming the zombie. Were this not the case, combating the living dead would be as easy as avoiding them for several weeks or even days until they rotted away to bones. Research has yet to discover the exact cause of this condition.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
So I just started watching Walking Dead. I'm most of the way through season 2. I was losing interest towards the end of season 1 but 2 really picked up for me. The one thing that is really annoying me about everything is the constant whining about why go on everything is pointless blah blah. Where is the desire to live? Does no one think of the future? You are not going on so things can go back to the way they were, the past is dead but there could be a future. It seems like no one realizes that. This is how our ancestors lived, with death around every corner but they didn't just whine and give up. Anyway rant off...

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Surprised to hear you say season 2 picked up for you. I personally enjoyed it, but many ppl consider it the slowest season and I can't really argue against that, just I enjoy the show more than just, zombies!

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I think because it gave me more time to become invested in the characters. I didn't really care for anyone but Rick the first season. I still don't like Shane, Lori, or Andrea really but most everyone else is interesting.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think because it gave me more time to become invested in the characters. I didn't really care for anyone but Rick the first season. I still don't like Shane, Lori, or Andrea really but most everyone else is interesting.
As 2 goes on you might find it dragging, but just keep plugging along. When you "feel" like the show is in a lull, it will start getting better after that.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I binged on seasons 1-4 around the time season 5 was airing, and I don't remember feeling like it dragged too much. Each season definitely felt like they had some filler episodes, but years of anime watching has kind of made me numb I guess. That being said, if I had been watching the show weekly like you guys did I would probably remember them much less fondly.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I'm into season 3 now. Still enjoying the show. Lori died finally but not because of her face being eaten off unfortunately. Merle showed up again which I was expecting but was surprised it took this long. Andrea continues to be horrible and retarded.

Also the fact that everyone is in a hurry to close on zombies with knives and stuff is pretty hilarious and stupid. You would think they would at least build some spears or something.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Gave up on the show when season 5 hit the mid season break. A lack of other stuff to watch meant I went back to it last week, smashed out the remainder of season 5 and the season 6 premiere in a week. Show really stepped up a notch.

Cybsled

Nice to see Metal Gear Carol again ;p

Morgan's choice is gonna bite them in the ass eventually.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm interested to see the flashback episode with him (if the rumors are true) and see how he became a post apocalyptic hippie.