Thor: Love and Thunder (2021)

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I was going to buy a row of tickets for this like I normally do but this is definitely looking like a wait until it's out for download. Besides No Way Home Marvel is pretty mediocre like Pixar

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I’ll have to see it in theaters but the review thread on Reddit isn’t looking good. Sigh!! After this there isn’t shit in the horizon for marvel I give even 1% fuck about.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

faille

Molten Core Raider
I found it to be very average unfortunately. Easily in the mid to low tier level of marvel.movies.
Far too silly for my liking. Ie, Thor ragnarok style taken further but without enough accompanying humour. There is some, but it is very scattered.
The start I found too disjointed with a lot of stuff happening flicking from one to another without enough transition or foundation.

Using my usual barometer for marvel movies of is there any scenes that I would watch again, and unfortunately there isnt. I doubt I'd watch the movie again accept part of a marvel watch through, but seems increasingly like I'd stop at end game.

There is a stinger right at the end along with one at the start of the credits. Nothing major.

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I just want to know if my "Jane and Valkyrie get together after Marvel generated fake demand for it" theory pans out.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I found it to be very average unfortunately. Easily in the mid to low tier level of marvel.movies.
Far too silly for my liking. Ie, Thor ragnarok style taken further but without enough accompanying humour. There is some, but it is very scattered.
The start I found too disjointed with a lot of stuff happening flicking from one to another without enough transition or foundation.

Using my usual barometer for marvel movies of is there any scenes that I would watch again, and unfortunately there isnt. I doubt I'd watch the movie again accept part of a marvel watch through, but seems increasingly like I'd stop at end game.

There is a stinger right at the end along with one at the start of the credits. Nothing major.

How “woke” or gay is it?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like they turned Thor into a cuck

• 1Like

Goatface

find it crazy that some predictions have it near $400m usa, about $70-80m more than ragnarok and could break $1b worldwide, $150m more than ragnarok

spronk

FPS noob
Seems kinda low if its super gay, reviewers like gay shit

1657115663057.png

its interesting how studios are positioning stuff now. This movie was moved specifically off July 4th weekend to the weekend after because Stranger Things dropped July 1st. Studios are now treating big event streaming drops as things to work around, not just other movies. Movies rarely compete with each other as well, you rarely get 2 big movies in the same week anymore.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Seems kinda low if its super gay, reviewers like gay shit

View attachment 420614

its interesting how studios are positioning stuff now. This movie was moved specifically off July 4th weekend to the weekend after because Stranger Things dropped July 1st. Studios are now treating big event streaming drops as things to work around, not just other movies. Movies rarely compete with each other as well, you rarely get 2 big movies in the same week anymore.
Covid really cut down on the amount of Blockbuster movies. It is just starting to pick up again. Marvel and DC make up like half the big movies this year.

Juvarisx

Florida
IT'S TASKMA'AM

It wasn't even a problem that they made the character a women, if they were going to have her under a mask and mute then who cares, they made the character boring and didn't do anything with it. Would have been like if Winter Solider showed up for 5 minutes for 1 cool fight scene in the second Capt movie then "died". Taskmaster should have been the bad guy for the film not some dude in a flying fortress.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It wasn't even a problem that they made the character a women, if they were going to have her under a mask and mute then who cares, they made the character boring and didn't do anything with it. Would have been like if Winter Solider showed up for 5 minutes for 1 cool fight scene in the second Capt movie then "died". Taskmaster should have been the bad guy for the film not some dude in a flying fortress.
Bucky spends 99% of Winter Soldier brainwashed and still creates this wonderful 3 dimensional villain. Zemo doesnt appear to have any super powers beyond being a former secret agent and not being an idiot (ok and being wealthy) and yet is a good villain.

Taskmaster is a villain who is near unbeatable and ends up being a worthless 2-d character. Bad writing cannot be overcome.

• 2Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Bucky spends 99% of Winter Soldier brainwashed and still creates this wonderful 3 dimensional villain. Zemo doesnt appear to have any super powers beyond being a former secret agent and not being an idiot (ok and being wealthy) and yet is a good villain.

Taskmaster is a villain who is near unbeatable and ends up being a worthless 2-d character. Bad writing cannot be overcome.

Its exactly my point, I dont care if its a woman / dude/ dog / robot, they made the character boring and didnt do anything with it

• 1Solidarity

Juvarisx

Florida
Talked to a buddy who saw this during a press screening I will put it in spoilers, this apparently was a 4 hour movie they had a hard time cutting down into 2 (why they didn't do the usual 2.5 idk), Ill spoiler it. To noones surprise however, Bale acted circles around everyone it was very obvious how much better he is at his craft he is compared to anyone else in the film.

Better then the reviews make it out to be, if you liked Ragnarok you will likely like this, it suffers from lack of Loki. Not all the jokes land, Guardians are not in it long enough, they over relied on Zeus but Russel Crowe was hammy and great, they cut out Grandmaster and Eitri deaths, unsure if they want to use them for the eventual Beta Ray Bill film or not but they were filmed to be killed by Gorr. BRB is not in this again, its clear they are making more so they will eventually have to do it.

Jane dies so it will stop the whining (hopefully), I dont mind her "replacement" its Hemsworth's IRL kid so its fun, dunno if they will really do much with it might be a condition of him returning to do the character is to do one with his kid idk. Not really a fan of the Hercules casting choice (Roy Kent from Ted Lasso) will def show up in the future however so its not a one off cameo.

Visuals at the end are probably the best looking form any MCU film. Again the movie is fine, its better then the reviews are protraying, and I am wondering if a lot of the negativity is people expected Jane to take over for Thor and when that didn't happen they sperged out.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users