Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
But all she does in the trailer is crush Thor's hammer (assuming it's not a fake as people have said it might be)... the only other scene she's in it looks like is when Surtur is doing whatever he does to Asgard (i'm guessing since ya know... the entire city gets washed up in flame and I doubt that's Hela doing it).

Chris

Potato del Grande
Hela looks fucking awesome and I like the conjecture that she'll be in Infinity War as "Death". Anti-SJW doesn't mean that women can't be primary characters in a film, Jesus Christ.

Also Nova was a strong female villain in GotG and Disney isn't exactly hesitant to have female antagonists in movies (Snow White, Cinderella, Little Mermaid, etc etc).

rad

Lord of Guk
Take your faggoty bullshit to politics or the gamergate thread you dumb fucking Obama-sons

hulkstare.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
By all means, then bring it up to all of us. Now I get to hear for 3 pages about how SJW's raped Thor from these neckbeard autists. Fuck you, dude.

How is it that your dumbass whines in every thread about this, even before the conversation begins? Tell whoever has your god damn balls to give them back, because you are an insufferable cunt.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Hela looks fucking awesome and I like the conjecture that she'll be in Infinity War as "Death". Anti-SJW doesn't mean that women can't be primary characters in a film, Jesus Christ.

Also Nova was a strong female villain in GotG and Disney isn't exactly hesitant to have female antagonists in movies (Snow White, Cinderella, Little Mermaid, etc etc).

Nebula and you are citing examples from forever ago for current issues. Cretin.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Oh yeah Nova was that fat guy. Where you guys this salty at the borg queen or egg laying aliens? You all sound pretty gay really if female main characters trigger you.

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Ah ok, so its more akin to modern day liberals, feminists, and LGBTQ marching on behalf of islamophobia? A system of belief that for some reason is exempt from criticism but opposes all modern liberties that directly affect these groups, we talkin about that type of cognitive dissonance?

Just want to make sure I understand, don't want to engage in labeling of course.

Again, a group cannot suffer from cognitive dissonance. Only individuals. Islam is the religion of over 1.6 Billion individuals on the planets, encompassing people of all sexualities, political dispositions, etc..

Again, judging all people of a religion or a nation is illogical. Not all christians are child molesters, even though some individuals in the Catholic Church did molest children. Not all US Americans are serial killers, just because Ted Bundy was a US citizen. Not all people from Texas support capital punishment, even though it is the law of the land. Etc..

If a modern day American marches against "collectivist judgment" of groups based on some trait or another (including religion) over individual judgement of individuals based on what they did or did not do, irrespective of their religion, place of birth, colour of their skin, sexual preferences, etc.., it is simply marching for the most fundamental concepts enshrined in the constitution.

It's not denying that there are probably tenthousands, likely even a few millions of individuals that deserve severe criminal punishment who ascribe to the religion of Islam, just as there are tenthousands of individuals that deserve (but thus far escaped) severe criminal punishment who hold US citizenship. It's simply acknowledging the reality that there are 1.6 Billion minus a few ten thousand or even a few millions muslims who are innocent, just as there are 320 Million minus maybe 2 Million US citizens who are innocent.

The did no crime and declaring people guilty simply by association is fundamentally what people founding the US sought to escape in Europe at the time.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Comes into a movie thread, doesn't talk about the movie. Criticizes someone for criticizing politics in a movie thread.

This might help.

View attachment 132494

How is casting in a movie not discussing the movie? I criticized someone who consistently attempts to shut down discussions in various threads about movies just because they are the kind of discussions Xevy Xevy doesn't like. I know some people dislike how everything is politicized now, including casting choices, and I sympathize with them--but it is how the world is, and because every facet of society is mired in this shit, you should expect to see discussion be a major thing within pop media.

This is especially true of a medium that literally just had to alter course for half of its market in its source material to abandoned the very kind of character choices being discussed. Every single character in these films is not the same anymore in the comics specifically due to the issue being discussed (Iron is a black girl, spider man hispanic/black kid, Thor is a woman, Hulk is Asian, Captain America is Falcon while Steve Rodgers is a Nazi) Marvel is experiencing unprecedented popularity and has had sinking sales nearly across the board. It's all due to character design, and choices. Character design and choices that are driven, explicitly by the same forces being discussed in this thread (Literally they said that's what's doing it). You guys simply do not exist in a world where this shit is beneath conversation anymore; in fact, limiting conversation, or somehow thinking you shouldn't be talking about it is half the damn problem.

It's a film won't be out for 6 months, won't have another trailer drop for months, is just being retarded. Who-the-fuck-cares what type of discussing ABOUT the film is had within the film thread when its going to be dead? As long as someone isn't coming in and dropping single sentence, obtuse, replies in order to continue an ended conversation for pages, it's fine. Because I hate to tell you guys, but girl power is here to stay! So you better fucking get used to discussing what works and what doesn't work, because apparently feminists have bigger balls than most of you and are willing to do so in EVERY area of life while you squirm and fail to shut them down due to fucking cunts like Xevy Xevy making you feel like this is out of bounds.
LSJD4bl.jpg

Last edited:

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
How is casting in a movie not discussing the movie? I criticized someone who consistently attempts to shut down discussions in various threads about movies just because they are the kind of discussions Xevy Xevy doesn't like. I know some people dislike how everything is politicized now, including casting choices, and I sympathize with them--but it is how the world is, and because every facet of society is mired in this shit, you should expect to see discussion be a major thing within pop media.

This is especially true of a medium that literally just had to alter course for half of its market in its source material to abandoned the very kind of character choices being discussed. Every single character in these films is not the same anymore in the comics specifically due to the issue being discussed (Iron is a black girl, spider man hispanic/black kid, Thor is a woman, Hulk is Asian, Captain America is Falcon while Steve Rodgers is a Nazi) Marvel is experiencing unprecedented popularity and has had sinking sales nearly across the board. It's all due to character design, and choices. Character design and choices that are driven, explicitly by the same forces being discussed in this thread (Literally they said that's what's doing it). You guys simply do not exist in a world where this shit is beneath conversation anymore; in fact, limiting conversation, or somehow thinking you shouldn't be talking about it is half the damn problem.

It's a film won't be out for 6 months, won't have another trailer drop for months, is just being retarded. Who-the-fuck-cares what type of discussing ABOUT the film is had within the film thread when its going to be dead? As long as someone isn't coming in and dropping single sentence, obtuse, replies in order to continue an ended conversation for pages, it's fine. Because I hate to tell you guys, but girl power is here to stay! So you better fucking get used to discussing what works and what doesn't work, because apparently feminists have bigger balls than most of you and are willing to do so in EVERY area of life while you squirm and fail to shut them down due to fucking cunts like Xevy Xevy making you feel like this is out of bounds.

View attachment 132509
Damn right, brother. I know you better than Xevy and I think I've said this before, but I've no problem with characters that are naturally built into a story. Black/hispanic Spider-Man, woman Thor and the like are obviously pandering and it sucks. We all know that here, though.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Again, a group cannot suffer from cognitive dissonance. Only individuals. Islam is the religion of over 1.6 Billion individuals on the planets, encompassing people of all sexualities, political dispositions, etc..

Again, judging all people of a religion or a nation is illogical. Not all christians are child molesters, even though some individuals in the Catholic Church did molest children. Not all US Americans are serial killers, just because Ted Bundy was a US citizen. Not all people from Texas support capital punishment, even though it is the law of the land. Etc...

If a modern day American marches against "collectivist judgment" of groups based on some trait or another (including religion) over individual judgement of individuals based on what they did or did not do, irrespective of their religion, place of birth, colour of their skin, sexual preferences, etc.., it is simply marching for the most fundamental concepts enshrined in the constitution.

The did no crime and declaring people guilty simply by association is fundamentally what people founding the US sought to escape in Europe at the time.

This actually is off topic, and should go into the GG thread. I'll tag my reply over there, but this entire post, I'm afraid, is bullshit. For a lot of reasons.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
How is casting in a movie not discussing the movie?

It's not really a discussion about casting though. If it was about an actor or actress' acting chops, how good of a fit they are for the role, etc. then that would be a conversation about casting. But instead it's discussing the political/social discourse that results from a casting choice which is itself something that is generally separate from your typical movie (though movies dealing with certain subject matters would be exceptions to that. This one ain't one of those).

Who-the-fuck-cares what type of discussing ABOUT the film is had within the film thread when its going to be dead?

Personally I have no problem with the thread slipping to page 2 or 3 of the Movie House until the next trailer, leak, or promotional piece drops to bounce it back up to the top for relevant discussion. I find that preferable to sifting through numerous posts that these "fuck all this SJW bullshit" rants produce to carry on a discussion of the movie as a movie.

Why don't one of you start some sort of unified Hollywood as SJW social architects thread for all of these types of discussions?

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
It's not really a discussion about casting though. If it was about an actor or actress' acting chops, how good of a fit they are for the role, etc. then that would be a conversation about casting. But instead it's discussing the political/social discourse that results from a casting choice which is itself something that is generally separate from your typical movie (though movies dealing with certain subject matters would be exceptions to that. This one ain't one of those).

Who separates it? Every major media company in the U.S. sure doesn't separate anymore, and it's pressure from them driving some of this. If having diversity in your film matters so much that everyone discusses it--then saying its separate from the film is just silly. I can go find you a articles right now from major media actively saying diversity in a film was good or bad, and that is a small section of their review. If its an element films are judged by, then it's an element which should now be discussed (And films which don't have any 'diversity' tend to get called out on it, #Oscarsoswhite).

If diversity is important in so many reviews of films, and awards, then of course its part of the movie. If it isn't, then why does it matter? And you may say "it doesn't matter"--and yet, we cycle back to so many reviews and Hollywood itself saying it does. I didn't want to a world where whether someone was black or white mattered--but that's the amazing world we've been served up.

Personally I have no problem with the thread slipping to page 2 or 3 of the Movie House until the next trailer, leak, or promotional piece drops to bounce it back up to the top for relevant discussion. I find that preferable to sifting through numerous posts that these "fuck all this SJW bullshit" rants produce to carry on a discussion of the movie as a movie.

Why don't one of you start some sort of unified Hollywood as SJW social architects thread for all of these types of discussions?

Again, I sympathize--I don't much like discussing thing shit with every film too. But I read quite a few publications on my train ride each day, so I see this shit discussed *constantly*. It's not like its an epidemic here, though, we've had about a half dozen discussions on it in the past year. Given the ubiquity in normal society, this is hardly disruptive. That being said, if its actively affecting films, why would we quarantine discussion about it? Disney is actively making diversity a goal, it's pertinent. Not sure why its important enough to change long standing characters, but not 'part of the movie' or important enough to discuss within the context of the movie.

Or here is a question. Do you think Heimdal's race mattered? If you say no, it's just that Idril Elba is amazing and they wanted him in it (I agree), then why is Scarlet Johanson so actively discussed in Ghost in a Shell, and not just on here, but nearly every source discussing the movie mentions it? (This is the consequence of everything being political--segregating out the 'political' becomes impossible from the object.)

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Or here is a question. Do you think Heimdal's race mattered? If you say no, it's just that Idril Elba is amazing and they wanted him in it (I agree), then why is Scarlet Johanson so actively discussed in Ghost in a Shell, and not just on here, but nearly every source discussing the movie mentions it? (This is the consequence of everything being political--segregating out the 'political' becomes impossible from the object.)
There's a difference between a 2bit, 5minute part for black Heimdal vs. starring lead cast white washing lead actress ghost in a shell.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
There's a difference between a 2bit, 5minute part for black Heimdal vs. starring lead cast white washing lead actress ghost in a shell.

The Dark Tower then, Idris Elba is the gunslinger, the main character, who 'being a cracker' was actually part of the book. It's almost a universally applauded change by major media companies.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

Hard to white wash something when the source material is clearly already all white people to begin with.