Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Thor 1 was passable, have yet to sit through the second, trailer is looking good. Apt choice in Immigrant Song.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So how did Hela get so roided up anyway, she get one of the unrevealed infinity gems or swipe Heimdall's gem or something?

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I didnt think Hela was that powerful, doesnt make sense she can destroy Mjolnir and Asgard without an infinity Stone. Maybe she got the stone from The Collector? I think he ended up with the power stone, or maybe that was the reality stone. After looking maybe Hela got the space stone since Loki was in charge of it last ?

Edit - Locations last known

Power Stone - Nova Prime
Reality Stone - Collector
Time Stone - Dr Strange
Mind Stone - Vision
Space Stone - Asgard/Loki as Odin
Soul Stone - Unknown??

Last edited:

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
1) Isn't Odin confirmed dead by the end of Thor 2? She could always have been that powerful, just not powerful enough to handle Odin + the rest of Asgard.

2) Not a Thor lore guy, but didn't Loki swap out a fake hammer at some point? Could see Thor tracks Loki down with Strange in intro, brief fight with Loki where he swaps it, Hel immediately breaks fake hammer, ending is Thor and Hulk get back to Earth and he recovers hammer to send Hela back to Hel.

Homsar

1) Isn't Odin confirmed dead by the end of Thor 2? She could always have been that powerful, just not powerful enough to handle Odin + the rest of Asgard.

2) Not a Thor lore guy, but didn't Loki swap out a fake hammer at some point? Could see Thor tracks Loki down with Strange in intro, brief fight with Loki where he swaps it, Hel immediately breaks fake hammer, ending is Thor and Hulk get back to Earth and he recovers hammer to send Hela back to Hel.
Loki is Odin atm, I dont think they said where the real Odin is. One theory is Heimdall has the soul stone and thats why hes able track and see the souls of everyone and his eyes are orange. Hela is not powerful enough to take out asgard like that.

The trailer does make it seem likely Hela betrays Loki and destroys asgard with one of the stones, Loki then has to try to and save Thor. Hence why Loki looks to be playing against Goldblum/Grandmaster at the arena. Shit goes down in the Arena like in Planet hulk, then Thor and Hulk Fuck up Grandmaster or Hela together
8bfabc256ef90eff239d584edbafd98aa8338779a92eba1e679b4c563e7dd7a4_1.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Natalie Portman the SOSO HOT SCIENTIST WHO BELIEVE IN MYTHICAL THOR AND SHIT
SUPER BELIEVABLE. SUPERB CASTING. SUBLIME ACTING.

SOMEHOW, DESPITE THE FACT THAT EQUALLY IF NOT BETTER SUPER HOT ALEXANDER JAIMIE EXISTS, THOR GOES FOR THIS OBVIOUSLY SO-SO HOT VERY CONVINCING SCIENTIST.

GOOD JOB HOLLYWOOD. GOOD JOB.
She has a bachelors degree you shitlord!!!

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Feels like marvel is definitely learning, and this is like the first instance in which applies the removal of things that didn't work, and add the things that do.

I'm hyped. I know there is some dislike to Elba/Heimdall might be fucking some shit up. I'm just wondering how much they're gonna try to explain why Banner is there.

One of the first times I ever read of the Grandmaster was in Contest of Champions. He can instantly teleport you anywhere he wants. In this issue, he teleported every Marvel superhero onto the game field.

Contest-of-Champions-I-1-3.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Hela can 2v1 Odin and Thor. Who knows whats up with movieverse though.
and Thor has defeated her countless times with her goons, her wiping out Asgard and destroying Mjolnir like its a cracker is not something she has done. Infinity stone is the only thing that makes sense unless they're going full retard and fuck her up like they did Ultron

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
and Thor has defeated her countless times with her goons, her wiping out Asgard and destroying Mjolnir like its a cracker is not something she has done. Infinity stone is the only thing that makes sense unless they're going full retard and fuck her up like they did Ultron

The movie version of Thor has had his power dialed down relative to the comics version hasn't he?

Some of the current speculation is that Hela will take the place of Lady Death in Infinity War. If that ends up being the case then I can see them building her up to be something closer to that scale.

Homsar

The movie version of Thor has had his power dialed down relative to the comics version hasn't he?

Some of the current speculation is that Hela will take the place of Lady Death in Infinity War. If that ends up being the case then I can see them building her up to be something closer to that scale.
Thor and Hulk have been dialed down, Iron man is over powered to hell. So far they have done a pretty good job of handling extremly powerful characters like Scarlet Witch and Vision by making them almost worthless because they are questioning everything.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I always knew Loki was a good guy. fucking rebellious teen gone bad, coming home.

His daughter is apparently Hela the main villain in this. Through if it follows close to the story line of the comic Ragnarok he does turn out to be on good guys side in the end. Odin gives fine a speech about nothing better then to die with his sons by his side as they face down Suthur together. There have been major alteration to that story though as the whole planet hulk story line is completely separate from Ragnarok. In the end I think they have bitten off more then they can handle in merging the two stories that are in case of planet hulk nearly perfect on it own. Ragnarok is one of the first sprawling large cross over events that has become a blight on industry. Though at the time it was cool we really didn't see the abomination that these type of event would become.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So how did Hela get so roided up anyway, she get one of the unrevealed infinity gems or swipe Heimdall's gem or something?
In the recent "Unworthy Thor", 5, it's shown that Hella is willing to get it on with Thanos. And since Hela commands Hel, she's basically death, and we all know Thanos' hard on for Lady Death.

So most likely in Infinity Wars Thanos' hard-on will be for Hela, not Lady Death.

So Hela probably is a cosmic entity.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Thought he was stuck in his regeneration coffin from injuries in the battle ("Odin's Sleep" from comics).

At one point, he probably wakes up, sees "Odin" repairing and restoring Asgard, thinks "ok, maybe I can let him finish the job, gotta go" and goes straight to Earth to find stuff (where we have seen various shooting sequences of him as a bum).

And then Loki finds out that Odin "escaped" and starts making wrong choices. As usual.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
In the recent "Unworthy Thor", 5, it's shown that Hella is willing to get it on with Thanos. And since Hela commands Hel, she's basically death, and we all know Thanos' hard on for Lady Death.

So most likely in Infinity Wars Thanos' hard-on will be for Hela, not Lady Death.

So Hela probably is a cosmic entity.

Yup. She came onto him pretty hard in that issue. All of this makes sense in the buildup for Avengers 3.