Titanfall 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just play single player until you get used to it. Takes a while. I did that transition a few years back.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I had a chance to play this a lot with my nephew here for the weekend. Overall I have to say it is pretty good. I mostly played bounty hunter mode which still has the AI grunts and what not. Calling titans was pretty fast and frequent they were coming in pretty fast and furious. The two mechs they had seemed decent the ion was a bit faster but overall both pretty solid.

The time to kills seemed pretty decent. A lot of the fast kill speeds are catching people in the open or people not wall running/ninja jumping as much as they could because they are not used to the mobility. The guns seemed to be pretty diverse and good. Oddly enough I was having my best luck rampaging with the damn pistol because my fine sniper aiming sucks balls with a controller. The pistol however is really nice up close fast bouncy brawly weapon and seemed just about as hard hitting as most of the SMG.

At the start people were not getting the whole mech shield amp thing you get when you steal one from an enemy mech or get back your own stolen one but by the end people were doing a good job of guarding their titans and powering them up with extra juice as it became available.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Who else is getting this? I want to dominate with at least two other peeps, if you prefer mechs I will be your battery bitch, slagging fool and bringing the power!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
i'll be playing on PC although don't have much gaming time at the moment, hopefully changes once a few relatives get the fuck out of my house after halloween. I think i'm already on your origin buddy list

mines not arriving till tomorrow though :(

reviews are really good so far, mostly 8s and 9s

edit: oh shitzu just checked my tracking and it might arrive today, a day early. amaaaazing

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
good news too, all maps/weapons will be free no season pass needed for that stuff. no split player base

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
good news too, all maps/weapons will be free no season pass needed for that stuff. no split player base

Ok. Now I will purchase regardless just to support this way of doing business.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I was gonna pass but sorta feel the same way now.

• 2Like

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
This thing going to be on the PS store tonight at midnight? I'm trying to decide whether to buy this, BF1 or Civ 6 for some weekend gaming. BF1 seems to be getting some pretty positive reviews but I enjoyed the TF2 beta.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DethBreth

Lord Nagafen Raider
I loved the first TF, didn't get a chance to play the second, but BF1 reminds me of 1942, and its amazing.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Preloading, fucking box that showed up was just the DL code no disc included. That annoys me to no end.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If by any wierd reason someone has a spare copy of the game, I have a digital copy of gears of war 4 I'd trade/sell.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Getting pre-order at midnight. Better than BF1 or any new COD IMHO. I'm on Xbox one if anyone want to group up.

Only other thing I'm remotely interested in the near future, MP-wise, is the MW4 remaster. Waiting for discounted price though.

spronk

FPS noob
for PC game options are same as TF1 if you want to run borderless windowed

go to advanced launch properties in game properties and you can add

-novid -noborder -windowed +cl_showfps 1

no intro videos, borderless windowed mode, +cl_showfps 1 adds a FPS counter to the top right

really fun so far, SP campaign seems great and i played 2 games of multiplayer and they felt closer to T1 than the alpha, so glad to see they took the feedback to heart. PC version is smooth as butter so far for me

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Played a little over an hour, maps seem so cramped and it is a 100% different skill set. 6v6 also feels kinda lame after 64 man games.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
The reviews of TF2 are really positive too. I might have to flip a coin. I can't see buying both BF1 and TF2 at full price.

spronk

FPS noob
target b2g1f is starting sunday, could pick up bf1, t2, and something like civ6 or rise of the tomb raider or even infinite warfare if you wait till friday

best buy gcu / amazon prime is still better but target good choice if you don't have either

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
TF2 or BF1? Already spent 60 bones on Civ 6, so need a choice here. I REALLY liked TF1...the community just wasnt there though. BF1 was great during the quick beta test. I guess it comes down to what game will last, and which the FoH community will play more.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Battlefield 1 all the way.

My reasons are TF2 single player so far is quite good, the multiplayer is also really good but BF1 is fucking amazing.