TLP Questions & FAQ - Ask away

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I hated it at first. Then I saw a video of The Faceless raiding where Zaide was using it and was like oh shit, that's dope!

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Anyone ever boxed Shaman/Wiz? Decent synergy? Thought it would be cool for the ports, but Shaman/Necro is my old faithful combo...

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
will everyone start in the original newb zones? are the newb armor quests in the game? are they even worth the time to do?

Sterling

El Presidente
will everyone start in the original newb zones? are the newb armor quests in the game? are they even worth the time to do?
Newb armor isn't until PoP or something. And it's the old zones, but some are revamped a bit and the trash loot is much better than it was back then.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Advanced loot is great once you get used to it. At first we hated it too. Just right click on the outer edges of the window and change alpha to 0% so it's transparent, makes it much better to deal with.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
- AC is overpowered, you take absurdly way less damage nowadays and there is no cap you can reach in the xpacs Agnarr will hit.
Does this mean monks under their soft cap that try to wear some good AC gear will be pretty decent tanks for farming/boxing/etc or is it really just the plate classes that benefit a lot?

Sterling

El Presidente
Does this mean monks under their soft cap that try to wear some good AC gear will be pretty decent tanks for farming/boxing/etc or is it really just the plate classes that benefit a lot?
Literally everyone is much more tanky than they were the first go around.

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
Interesting.

I played a rogue to 50 on Fippy when it launched but I know that was quite a bit different than the more recent progressive servers. I'll have to spend some time messing around on them to get a feel for things again.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
kegkilla kegkilla Necros can start to charm very early in OOT and then like Sterling said goto Guk and start at Ass / Sup and then at 37 they go to Lord / Hand / AM / Frenzy with their charm pets until 50. On Ragefire I actually got PLd that way because I didn't have a group.

As for armor you'll actually sell your newbie robe at level 1 you get from handing your note in and be able to buy your pet. From then on its not a problem at all and some virgin I mean guildie will be working on research while leveling.

D Dinadass AC is really overpowered for everyone with the changes from live being on these TLP's. Mainly its a threat thing, people do A LOT more dps here than they used to. Poison is a thing also but like Sterling said almost all melee can tank really. Rangers really shine because of their snap agro but really monks or anything are fine.

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
I am not sure which thread to put this in, so I will ask it here. It seems that there is a bunch of confusion about monk fist damage tables and that the OP tables for monks won't be in initially? I don't know what I am talking about here at all, but something about fists always being 38 speed?

My real question is in regards to weapon upgrades. While leveling up should I only ever use fists until I get a weapon upgrade at 50 (ie BIS Monk thread) or are there other points along the way that an upgrade makes sense for a few levels?

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I am not sure which thread to put this in, so I will ask it here. It seems that there is a bunch of confusion about monk fist damage tables and that the OP tables for monks won't be in initially? I don't know what I am talking about here at all, but something about fists always being 38 speed?

My real question is in regards to weapon upgrades. While leveling up should I only ever use fists until I get a weapon upgrade at 50 (ie BIS Monk thread) or are there other points along the way that an upgrade makes sense for a few levels?
If you're in a leveling Sprint I probably would just use fists thru 50.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
0 Lockouts on open world, and 6 day lockout on instances. Vox, Naggy, Sky, Fear, Hate all have instances and trash does not repop in instances.

D Drat I am not sure but I will ask for you unless Zaide or another monk knows.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
0 Lockouts on open world, and 6 day lockout on instances. Vox, Naggy, Sky, Fear, Hate all have instances and trash does not repop in instances.

D Drat I am not sure but I will ask for you unless Zaide or another monk knows.
Was it bugged at first? I see some threads with people complaining about 30 day lockouts from Vox

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The problem was people not zoning in and killing the Ice Giant Diplomat immediately though, we can preempt that error in classic no problem.

ZyyzYzzy ZyyzYzzy Everyone and their momma will have a cloak of flames and RBB. That's why I say these servers are very friendly for alts and people who cant go wild. Zaide will setup splits so on top of an everyday Vox you also get 6-14 more depending on gear bringing the total Voxs a week to like 20 at one point.