TLP Questions & FAQ - Ask away

Reht

Molten Core Raider
They gave a little more than 2 weeks notice for phinny, so you at least have enough time to put in notice!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
5pm EST. Fucking worst time possible

It is a shitty time, but I also like it because I can just blow out of work an hour early, get home by 4 and prepare the poopsock then grind until Monday. Only 2 days of leave instead of 3.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
It is a shitty time, but I also like it because I can just blow out of work an hour early, get home by 4 and prepare the poopsock then grind until Monday. Only 2 days of leave instead of 3.
Dinner and bed time stories.

God damn needy child

• 1Like

Thrudd

Silver Knight of the Realm
Lets see, 5pm release? That means I sleep until about 3ish, get some snacks and energy drinks ready, and fucking hammer levels until sometime the next day

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Yeah I'd expect a minimum of two weeks notice, with an upper limit of four weeks notice. Of course it's DBG so I could just log in one day and see the server up on the server select screen w/ no announcement. I expect launch on either 24MAY, 31MAY or 01JUNE personally.

• 1Like

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Zaide Zaide Still building groups for initial push? I still won't know until the end of next week if I will be able to get time off or not. If so, what classes are you still needing to fill groups? I am wanting to play SK, Cleric, Monk, or Warrior if possible...

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Zaide Zaide Still building groups for initial push? I still won't know until the end of next week if I will be able to get time off or not. If so, what classes are you still needing to fill groups? I am wanting to play SK, Cleric, Monk, or Warrior if possible...

I don't think you'll have any issues with any of those classes

Rikkon

Lord Nagafen Raider
Let's hope the dildos at dbg dont choose Memorial Day weekend.

Hard for me to justify or even rationalizing not taking the fam to the beach for the holiday to poopsock

Tactician

Ancient
Only need a sub to play on Agnarr, can make an account on daybreaks website and download the client from steam if you want

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Did more testing today, going from level 21 to 22 took me exactly 35 minutes. Group composition was as follows:
  • Cleric
  • SK
  • Monk
  • Mage
  • Necro
  • Wiz
Note that current exp on LJ reflects Agnarr exp when exp potions are used. We did not run any of the options potions (sow pots, clarity pots, haste pots, regen pots etc).

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
That's solid.

Seems like the Origin port plus bind/gate makes it pretty easy for casters to vendor and grab spells every few levels too. Monk will be a little more of a pain but grabbing the special attacks prior to flying kick don't seem super important so once Mend is capped and you have FD you shouldn't need many breaks.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
That's solid.

Seems like the Origin port plus bind/gate makes it pretty easy for casters to vendor and grab spells every few levels too. Monk will be a little more of a pain but grabbing the special attacks prior to flying kick don't seem super important so once Mend is capped and you have FD you shouldn't need many breaks.

You auto get one skill point in any new skill you acquire. The only time it's ever worth going back for the Monk is to pump like 60 points into FD when they get it. He'll probably just suicide, origin and rez back into the group.

• 1Like

Dinadass

Molten Core Raider
You auto get one skill point in any new skill you acquire. The only time it's ever worth going back for the Monk is to pump like 60 points into FD when they get it. He'll probably just suicide, origin and rez back into the group.
Oh damn that's amazing, I didn't know that.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Is there any hard data that shows the relationship between CHA and charm resists / break time? I recall a lot of debate over this back in the day.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Also, is there still a 200/255 stat soft/hard cap until Luclin? Can someone explain how the caps work now?

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This is according to Allakhazam. I'm not 100% on this.

255 is the cap for all stats until you reach level 60. From there, the caps increase by 5 per level:

• 61 - 260
  • 62 - 265
  • 63 - 270
  • 64 - 275
  • 65 - 280

Last edited:

Noahx

N00b
Is there any hard data that shows the relationship between CHA and charm resists / break time? I recall a lot of debate over this back in the day.
Still a debate. Charm is going to break often. It is a complete bitch to grind 12+ hrs (go to the bathroom at your own risk if you have a pet) ... but the reward is pretty nuts. Especially if you know "what" to charm in zones - it can mean 30-40% more dps on top of crazy mob dps.

Whether you equip for +CHA or not, I don't know if you will see a difference unless your sub 120 or something. You want to be over 120 for max vendor selling anyways.