Tool might eventually release a new album someday

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
This thread makes me die a little inside every time I click on it...and I created it :/

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
We need a superthread that tracks new Tool music, Winds of Winter, and the Dredd sequel.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Will any of them beat Duke Nukem Forever's record of coming out 14 years after it was announced?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I guess it doesn't count since it's never been announced, but we've been waiting for Half Life 3 for over a decade now, 2 came out in '04.

Half Life 2 - 10 years and 6 months ago(November 2004)
10,000 Days - 9 years ago exactly(April 2006)

I can't believe the last tool album is damn near as old as Half Life 2. I spent a ton of time with both when they released, and I don't remember them being only about a year apart at all. Seems like Half Life 2 is YEARS older. Guess not.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Man, I love all things Tool, but that article makes me want to punch Maynard in the face. I hate wine snobs(and yes, he is one, despite his claims to the contrary)

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Yeah, but let's face it, all snobs are annoying. Music snobs, beer snobs (admittedly, I slip into this sometimes actually), tech snobs, they are all annoying.

Wine snobs are like the OG snobs though.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah, Puscifer is pretty bad. Not a fan at all. A Perfect Circle album might cause a wiggle in my pants. But Puscifer? Nothing.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I enjoy Puscifer for what it is, but I understand why an APC/Tool fan might not. It is quite a departure from those things. Apparently the live shows are pretty cool, not just a concert but a whole elaborate stage show.

Still would much rather Maynard work solely on Tool but I have a feeling having outlets like making wine and doing Puscifer are what allows him to decompress and be so great for Tool when he finally does get around to working on stuff with them. It's not like the rest of the band is ever in any hurry either anyways.
confused.png

opiate82

Bronze Squire
rrr_img_100914.jpg

Now the question is will the debut new material or continuing playing the same set they've been touring with since 2006?

Details:
TOOL TO HEADLINE MONSTER MASH MUSIC FESTIVAL IN ARIZONA ON HALLOWEEN, 2015
We have an important announcement about the upcoming TOOL SHOW that will require your full attention. Please read the following message VERY CAREFULLY so as to avoid any confusion and/or problems purchasing tickets for this special event.
TOOL will be performing at the 2015 MONSTER MASH MUSIC FEST at TEMPE BEACH PARK in TEMPE, ARIZONA on SATURDAY, OCTOBER 31 (HALLOWEEN NIGHT). Gates at 3:00 PM.

The first thing that you will need to know is that you CANNOT get tickets for this show via Ticketmaster! Let me repeat this: You CANNOT buy tickets for this Tool performance at Ticketmaster. In order to PURCHASE TICKETS - which go ON SALE on FRIDAY, JUNE 26 at 10:00 AM PST - please click onMonster Mash Music Festival, Tempe, AZ

Again, tickets are AVAILABLE (on FRIDAY, JUNE 26 at 10:00 AM) athttp://www.monstermashaz.com
(... and can ALSO be purchased at The Marquee Theatre Box Office, Bookman's locations, Zia Records stores and Asylum Records in Mesa, Arizona)

Now that you know where to purchase tickets, the second thing that you will want to know is that there are NO 3-DAY INCLUSIVE TICKETS - meaning that if you want to see TOOL on Halloween night, you will NEED to purchase a ticket for SATURDAY, OCTOBER 31 (atMonster Mash Music Festival, Tempe, AZ)

Other confirmed bands for the Monster Mash Music Fest Halloween show include PRIMUS, COHEED & CAMBRIA, with other bands TBA. So keep CHECKING BACK to the Tool websites and Tool Facebook page for UPDATES.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I'm always shocked at how much I just don't like anything Puscifer, since I love APC and Tool so much.