Tool might eventually release a new album someday

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Definitely one of the best live bands I've seen. Stage presence of the guitarist and bassist is meh, but Maynard and the lighting more than make up for it.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Definitely one of the best live bands I've seen. Stage presence of the guitarist and bassist is meh, but Maynard and the lighting more than make up for it.
If the band were to play the entire show off-stage and all you got to see were the visuals, they'd STILL be worth seeing live.

When people are watching them for the first time I always tell them to make sure to pick a song and just focus on Danny. Watching that guy drum live blows my mind every time. He's on a kit that is like 3x the size of your typical one and he uses the entire kit on every song and it seriously looks like he is playing one big long drum solo the entire show. Easily the greatest drummer I've ever seen live and in my personal opinion is on the short list of GOAT discussions.

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
I prefer Adam/Justin's stage presence to a bunch of choreographed nonsense, personally. Watching Danny is indeed fun. I like seeing Justin do what he does too, but I'm a bassist.

I wonder if I can get off work for one of these. :/

Izuldan_sl

shitlord
Primus opening for them might be the only thing to get me down to San Diego. And that's still a stretch.
I flew from LA to Phoenix/Tempe to see Tool at Monster Mash this Halloween. Primus was one of their openers. Granted I'm not a huge Primus fan, but I find that their music is good, bass play is awesome....but I just can't get over the lead vocals guy. Such a narrow range. Can't help but feel they would be a bigger band if they had a decent lead singer.

Interesting side note....the second day headliner was Linkin Park. I would say the crowd for Tool was at least 3x as large.

I'm not so hardcore as to be a member of Toolarmy or anything like that, but I love the band, and it is a shame they don't come out with material more often. It's obvious at this point Maynard has moved on to other interests like Puscifer and winemaking.

That being said, they put on a great show, anybody who remotely likes their music or that genre of music should see them live at least once imo.

Looking forward to the San Diego show.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Tickets go on sale tomorrow at 10am CST for most locations, FYI. Tulsa and San Antonio seem to be +1 hour.

I think someone mentioned it earlier but it bears repeating. Also, if you don't use the Ticketmaster mobile app I highly recommend it for tickets like this. I've had great success using it rather than waiting for the webpage to load / reload multiple images, captchas, etc... The mobile app is pretty much 2 clicks and purchased.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Tool offer progress report on new album | Consequence of Sound

Jones said the band has 20 potential song ideas, which they've shared with frontman Maynard James Keenan via FTP and Dropbox. Jones added that Keenan has even written some lyrics, "but until the song's done and he knows how the end is, he's still figuring out the flow."

During a Halloween show in Tempe, Arizona last month, Tool debuted an instrumental called "Descending". Jones confirmed that it was a shortened version of an "amazing" new song that clocks in between 13 and 14 minutes.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got to see Tool live for the first time finally Sunday night and it was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. Studio quality music and of course the visuals.

We were in a suite because a friend got us a hookup and in the suite next to us was a group of ~16 20-25 yr olds. One of them had a backpack full of drugs, they were smoking and doing coke that we saw and I'm guessing they had other things too like shrooms because at intermission one of the kids thought he could fly and when the countdown for intermission ended he did a running jump from the top step of the balcony and onto the ppl a lvl below, including air time probably about a 25 foot drop. I was kinda looking away from it when it happened so I just caught it in the corner of my eye, so I was like did that just happen? and the look of shock on my wife's face confirmed it for me. Immediately felt bad for the ppl he landed on; douche bag survived and I think seriously injured one girl. It was kind of hard to get back into the show after that, but before that amazing just doesn't cover it.

Moral of the story, never sit in seats directly below an upper lvl deck.

Singlemalt_sl

shitlord
Just saw them in Atlanta, Tool was lights out but I've always been more of a Primus guy. Seeing them together was quite a treat. Visuals of both bands were amazing and nightmare inducing simultaneously.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'll cry if they don't come up to vancouver
frown.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This reminds me of a band I listened to called Wintersun.

Their first debut album was in 2004 and exploded onto the metal scene. Guitar playing and song writing were pretty incredible for a debut album.

They started recording their second album in 2006 and it wasn't released until 2012, and what we got were only 3 songs. Yep, 5 tracks on the CD with only 3 being songs. They started recording the second half of the album and ran into huge money issues and we all found out it's because the band didn't get along and the lead singer was some control freak. Basically blew the studio budget and scrapped everything, didn't like how it was sounding. Did a bunch of kickstarter stuff which hilariously was to fund their own private studio (complete with jacuzzi/sauna room - they said in Finland you need one of these???)

I stopped formally supporting the band at that point, much like I stopped supporting Tool long ago.