Torrents

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I dl'd a 4k mkv with 10bit audio h265 or some shit and my computer almost shit itself trying to play it. Went through 3 players. I thought 4k would be amazing but it didn't really seem any better about 15 ft away from a 70".

I was hoping the future the days of fucking with codecs were behind us.

we already discussed this - you need a gfx card with onboard HEVC decoding - alternatively you can put the file on a USB stick and play it back via the TV which if new enough will have HEVC decoding

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If it's anything like my Land Rover, sure it is downloadable to a USB for update, but the file comes VIN locked.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
If it's anything like my Land Rover, sure it is downloadable to a USB for update, but the file comes VIN locked.
The Ford has a special SD card but I got a hacked one meaning I can just drag files to it. I could order another one but would love to just download it somewhere.

It's one of those things that are such a minor cost but damn if I want to pay for it.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I honestly just gave up on in-car Nav. A good phone holder for the dash and Google maps is a far superior option. Plus it updates constantly and for free, plus traffic diversion for accidents etc

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I honestly just gave up on in-car Nav. A good phone holder for the dash and Google maps is a far superior option. Plus it updates constantly and for free, plus traffic diversion for accidents etc
Don't a bunch of vehicles now let you mirror your phone, or at least Google maps, to your in car screen?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Don't a bunch of vehicles now let you mirror your phone, or at least Google maps, to your in car screen?
More or less. Android Auto and Apple Carplay essentially do that. Can watch some YouTube videos of how they work if you care.

I just got a new version of my car, and was upset at first that the nav system got moved to the highest tier package only. Until I tried out Android Auto. VASTLY superior to any in-car nav system. And it does traffic without needing to be subscribed to anything. Only drawback would be not having service I suppose. Not sure if it will show you GPS data overlaying a map if it loses connection, or at least how far that would last.

It will also read your text/facebook messages to you, and allow you to reply via voice, etc. I'm fairly certain you can do most of that with just a holder as Jysin mentioned, but the integration with the touch screen is fantastic. I fucking love it, and even use it for my 3 mile commute sometimes because it can take me 10 minutes or 30 minutes, depending upon traffic, so this will let me know if I should try a different direction.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
More or less. Android Auto and Apple Carplay essentially do that. Can watch some YouTube videos of how they work if you care.

I just got a new version of my car, and was upset at first that the nav system got moved to the highest tier package only. Until I tried out Android Auto. VASTLY superior to any in-car nav system. And it does traffic without needing to be subscribed to anything. Only drawback would be not having service I suppose. Not sure if it will show you GPS data overlaying a map if it loses connection, or at least how far that would last.

It will also read your text/facebook messages to you, and allow you to reply via voice, etc. I'm fairly certain you can do most of that with just a holder as Jysin mentioned, but the integration with the touch screen is fantastic. I fucking love it, and even use it for my 3 mile commute sometimes because it can take me 10 minutes or 30 minutes, depending upon traffic, so this will let me know if I should try a different direction.

If you download offline map data in Google Maps, you can still do navigation without a data connection. You won't get traffic updates and such, but it will function.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
So it seems there's no reliable way to download and playback the maximum quality 4k HDR 10bit hevc rips with the latest atmos soundtracks.

You need a dedicated hevc decoder on your gfx card to play the video, but PCs still can't send the HDR signal to the tv.

You can plug a usb stick with the file into your 4k tv and get smooth playback and HDR but only some 2016 and 2017 models will send the Atmos to your receiver

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is why I haven't bought into the 4K TV shit yet. There's still no god damned content and the standards keep changing (HDR, 10 bit, etc) prohibiting anyone nailing down formats. I just hope my good old 75" Samsung LED holds up for another X years until 4K becomes mainstream.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
This is why I haven't bought into the 4K TV shit yet. There's still no god damned content and the standards keep changing (HDR, 10 bit, etc) prohibiting anyone nailing down formats. I just hope my good old 75" Samsung LED holds up for another X years until 4K becomes mainstream.

To be clear, I'm only talking about playing illegal rips of 4k hdr content with full atmos sound, I can watch 4k bluray rips via my tv in hdr, they'll just use a regular Dolby digital soundtrack instead of the atmos one, but my receiver will up mix to the ceiling speakers anyway, it's just a purist thing.

If you do it legally with a 4k bluray player then any 4k hdr tv will be fine

Malkav

French Madman
Solution : Kodi/SPMC on something like Shield TV doing passthrough to a Atmos compatible receiver.

Speaking of this, anyone knows where to get a rip of the Fury Road UHD Bluray? Getting my KS8000 this week-end, really need to test it. :D

Bullock

Molten Core Raider
Speaking of this, anyone knows where to get a rip of the Fury Road UHD Bluray? Getting my KS8000 this week-end, really need to test it. :D

IPT
upload_2017-3-1_21-14-8.png

Malkav

French Madman
Which I'm not a member of, damn.
My quest for a copy on a public tracker continues.

Edit : Nm, remembered I had an account on TorrentLeech I've never used and they had it. Gonna go ahead and seed the bad boy too.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
So Astraweb is starting to shit the bed more and more often. About half of my TV show downloads this week failed. Anyone having really good success with their newsgroup provider these days?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So Astraweb is starting to shit the bed more and more often. About half of my TV show downloads this week failed. Anyone having really good success with their newsgroup provider these days?
Easynews still seems ok. $10 a month for unlimited I think I pay. Been so long.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Looks like Nyaa rage quit on May 1st.
Radarr has been getting better.
Bit Che still works flawlessly.