Torrents

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
thats definitely bullshit, any 2016 TV can play USB mkv 10 bit HEVC (265) files just fine and they are running the equivalent of mobile phones with no GPUs. The GeForce comment makes ZERO sense, GPU cards are used for 3d rendering not for decoding video streams. Decompression is 100% CPU bound, GPUs wouldn't do jack shit for it.

I just checked the specs of my TV - it has onboard HEVC decoding and this is a standard feature for 4k TVs from 2014 onwards.

As I said, the issue is that my GTX970 does not have an onboard HEVC decoder but the 960 does apparently. And todays CPUs aren't fast enough to decode via software. Seeing as that information came directly from the developer of MadVR then I think it's legit.

"HEVC Decoding

Thanks to its enormously larger pixel density and potentially higher bit depth and resolution, the file size of all 4K video is by necessity much larger than that of normal HD. What this means is the need for larger bandwidth during transmission and more efficient encoding for storage and file management.

This is where HEVC (h.265) comes into the picture. It’s a video compression codec that has been designed and developed specifically for the sake of more efficiently shrinking the size of 4K video streams and files so that they can be easily sent over the wires and managed by your TVs internal hardware. HEVC has managed to make compression of 4K twice as efficient as it previously was and because of this most content providers who offer native 4K streaming video compress it with the codec. If your TV doesn’t offer HEVC decoding compatibility, you won’t be able to watch most streaming Ultra HD content." Four Key Features Your 4K TV Must Have to Really Deliver the Electronic Goods -

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Came here to ask this, seems late this year. Saw fences but that's it.
Yea, something happened this year. I'm sure we'll see something about it posted at some point about why it changed, or didn't leak. Of the 10k+ members, you'd think at least 1 of them would start leaking.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have an invite to a good site with Audiobooks? I have Iptorrents invites but they have shit for audio.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
They're heeeeeeeeeeeere

THOUGHT YOU COULD HIDE FROM US FOREVER?!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pilforgod

Silver Knight of the Realm
We couldn't get past the first 15 minutes and I thought the wife would love it. She said that following the story was too disjointed.

My dad said it was fucking boring, while my mom liked it so it probably sucks. I just dl'd the screener earlier today so will watch it tomorrow probably. Lots of good screeners finally coming out though.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Sneaky.Pete.S01.2160p.AMZN.WEBRip.DDP5.1.x264-TrollUHD

LOL that is 110GB for 10 episodes. I don't care how much space I have that isn't worth downloading.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Sneaky.Pete.S01.2160p.AMZN.WEBRip.DDP5.1.x264-TrollUHD

LOL that is 110GB for 10 episodes. I don't care how much space I have that isn't worth downloading.

Create new email address, create new Amazon Prime trial account, watch content in 4k and HDR. Repeat

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Create new email address, create new Amazon Prime trial account, watch content in 4k and HDR. Repeat
Oh I have had Amazon Prime since they came up with it and I can watch it there. I still download every show because I like to have it where I want it, when I want it. I also share my Plex with like 50 people.

The point was more that 2160p at the time was the only release out. There still isn't a full season rip lower, just the first 5 or 6 episodes. I think people are going to start releasing some of these web-dl's at higher and higher bitrates and it amuses me. Just not worth the space and I have 34 TB of it.