Torrents

Df~_sl

shitlord
Wish utorrent was less bloated as well... but still want some features.

RSS Selective Downloading (choose which files) and Scheduling being the most important.

But I have been using utorrent so long I am not even sure what features I use without being aware of it...

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
On what box I get about. 3.4megabytes/sec solid on downloads over secured ftp. Such downloads don't count towards your cap.

Filezilla with 3 files at a time seems optimal.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I don't get the fuss about uTorrent. It does its job. It downloads torrents. I still get 3MB/s and up with 3.x. You can turn off the advertising entirely if you edit the preferences except for the menu item, and... just don't click on it.

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
I don't get the fuss about uTorrent. It does its job. It downloads torrents. I still get 3MB/s and up with 3.x. You can turn off the advertising entirely if you edit the preferences except for the menu item, and... just don't click on it.
As best I can tell, the pop up you get from trying to right click > open containing folder is not something you can turn off. I have the rest of the ads off already, yet I still get that. I was able to deal with everything else, but a torrent client trying to sell me stuff when I want to open a directory is over the top IMO.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
As best I can tell, the pop up you get from trying to right click > open containing folder is not something you can turn off. I have the rest of the ads off already, yet I still get that. I was able to deal with everything else, but a torrent client trying to sell me stuff when I want to open a directory is over the top IMO.
I'm running 3.2.3 and haven't ever gotten a pop-up when using 'open containing folder'...

Alexzander

I'm running 3.2.3 and haven't ever gotten a pop-up when using 'open containing folder'...
Same. I've never seen this.

Could it be coming from some add-on? Or, dare I suggest, malware?
No, it's from uTorrent. With uTorrent 3.2.3, if you right click > open containing folder, if the torrent has a .rar/.zip (and I imagine .exe) uTorrent will sometimes give you a "careful, this file might harm your computer" popup, which then leads to "buy a year of uTorrent premium for better virus protection" ad. My roommate is getting it as well.

Alexzander

I just tried open containing folder from the newest utorrent, no pop-up add here.
Like I said, it isn't every time. The folder also must contain an archive or .exe. If you saw the popup, you would know it isn't malware. It's clearly part of the uTorrent software. I can't seem to force it on an already downloaded torrent that is seeding; must be for new downloads only.

I'll screenshot it next time it happens.

edit: here is a thread at the uTorrent forum about it. I'm not crazy.

https://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=115626

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Strange. I've never seen this and I "open containing folder" all the time, straight into my Downloads directory, which has all kinds of stuff in it. I guess I've been lucky.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
IPT down for anyone else? Neither the .com nor .ru site is working for me. Hope its just a temporary glitch, and not something more permanent.

Bane_sl

shitlord
Internal Server Error for me now too.

On a side note, does anyone have tips on how to increase upload speed and capability for IPT? I'm using uTorrent currently on Comcast XI and it seems like my uploads have all been non existant. Keep getting Hit & Run warnings because of it.

Sterling

El Presidente
Had some issues with getting double charged for downloads which caused me to get a couple hit and run warnings not to mention I got charged for the extra download which is pretty retarded to begin with. They said it was likely due to a faulty install of utorrent 3.2.2 but I reinstalled and ended up with the same issues later anyways. My ratio is retarded good but it still bugs the shit out of me that this is happening. Anyone else get this issue or know how to fix it?

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm having the same issue with shitty uploads, not sure how to improve it, I've just been getting points to pay off the hit and runs. If anyone has any hints I too would appreciate it.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
IPT became really annoying to use with their new seed rules coupled with the fact that despite 10mbit upstream I can never seed anymore. Still living off the zap points and my 4.3TB uploaded so far, but if I started using it now I'd be banned in a week.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Ever since IPT initiated the retarded-as-fuck hit and run system I just keep sending myself new invites to different emails. Fuck the system.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ever since IPT initiated the retarded-as-fuck hit and run system I just keep sending myself new invites to different emails. Fuck the system.
I have more than 15k points so I can zap another 300 torrents. It's basically useless on people like me who have uploaded massive amounts of stuff in the past but it seriously hurts those who are new and even dare to download one thing that wasn't released less than a week ago.

Sterling

El Presidente
It's hard to get to a 1.0 ratio on new stuff since the early part where there's a gazillion leechers is hard to get to due to all the people with seedboxes and stuff. I have a fuckload of upload credit but the new files are a huge pita and will eventually either chip into that or i'll have to leave them on the torrent client indefinitely.