Torrents

Cor_sl

shitlord
The whatbox.ca plans seem kinda expensive. $15 a month at seedroots.com will get you a 500gb shared box while $15 at feralhosting.com will get you 400gb box with a 500mbit upload.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Mine is out of the US. Better transfer rates from them to me that way.

If you don't want anything pointing back at you, there are a lot of ways to do that, but it'll probably kill your download speed back to your own box. For example, use tor to connect from you to them. Use a pseudo email address to sign up. The only problem is you're going to have to paypal them the funds somehow, and that usually involves identifying yourself, so... yeah.

Cor_sl

shitlord
There are better ways to torrent anonymously.

You can get a VPN from an anonymous VPN company like Private Internet Access (https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/). They charge $40 a year and accept bitcoins. There are more recommended VPN providers here -http://torrentfreak.com/which-vpn-pr...iously-111007/.

You can also get a seedbox from gbox.me and pay with bitcoins, too. They charge $7.50 for a 150gb box.

Sure, people can still trace things back to you. I doubt they'd bother, though, considering how much time and effort it would take.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
Can I get an Ip torrent invite?

I have speed.cd and Torrentzone invites both are fast private sites.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I have 2 IP Torrent invites, PM me your email address if you want one(IPT sends out the invites based off of your email directly from their site, I can't just give you a link)

Sterling

El Presidente
Have 2 IPT invites as well, prefer to give them out to people that actually post on the forums. PM with email etc.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Is there a specific spot to get a nice selection of anime?

also have a few ipt invites if anyone out there needs them.

Gadrel_sl

shitlord
There are better ways to torrent anonymously.

You can get a VPN from an anonymous VPN company like Private Internet Access (https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/). They charge $40 a year and accept bitcoins. There are more recommended VPN providers here -http://torrentfreak.com/which-vpn-pr...iously-111007/.

You can also get a seedbox from gbox.me and pay with bitcoins, too. They charge $7.50 for a 150gb box.

Sure, people can still trace things back to you. I doubt they'd bother, though, considering how much time and effort it would take.
I highly recommend airvpn. I generally get about half of my connection's download speed and all of its upload speeding using their closest server. Uptime is acceptable.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The Copywrite Alert System ("6 Strikes") goes live today on most major ISPs. If you aren't using a VPN and/or Seedbox it is probably time to start. I have been usingprivateinternetaccess.com$40 a year and painless to install/use. Even when I connect to Switzerland my up/down speeds have a negligible difference.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...policy-debuts/
Just wanted to give my positive review for privateinternetaccess.com too. I have VyprVPN free from Giganews and have been using it, but after reading the VPN review posted above I see that they apparently don't give a shit about actual privacy, so I ponied up the $40 a year for this one. It couldn't be easier to use and works great (so far at least). Highly recommend it so far.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
The Copywrite Alert System ("6 Strikes") goes live today on most major ISPs. If you aren't using a VPN and/or Seedbox it is probably time to start. I have been usingprivateinternetaccess.com$40 a year and painless to install/use. Even when I connect to Switzerland my up/down speeds have a negligible difference.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...policy-debuts/
I use bitcommet with the magnet links pulled from thepiratebay. Should I be worried about this or will I be ok? I have never had an issue before but I thought the whole point of the magnet "tech" was that ISPs cant tell the difference between "good" and "bad" data.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I am by no means an expert and I don't really know. That is why I just went ahead and did the VPN because I know that will cover my tracks. I will say I did get a nasty-gram from Comcast way back in the day using magnets from TPB. Downloaded a copy of Starcraft because my disk was too scratched to read in the drive. So if I had to guess I would say that using the magnets won't protect you. You could just wait until you get "strike one" to find out.

I just decided to pay the $40 a year for the VPN because I wasn't sure if I'd use all 6 strikes in one day downloading individual episodes of a TV show. Plus I have other uses for a VPN outside of torrents.

Illuziun

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm not so worried about this new 6 strike system, most likely just a scare tactic for the majority of people. I used to get emails from Cox and they even shut my service off a few times, but I always got it turned back on. It was only with torrents like brand new movies still in theater, and in most cases you could look into the comments section and people would say it's being tracked and that they received a warning. Just avoid the obvious shit, use private sites, and check the comments for warnings and I wouldn't worry about it.

Cor_sl

shitlord
StrongVPN keep logs. You shouldn't have been using them in the first place.

StrongVPN
This company did not directly answer our questions but pointed us to their logkeeping policy instead.

StrongVPN do log and are able to match an external IP address to their subscribers. We have included them here since they were the most outwardly aggressive provider in our survey when it came to dealing with infringement.

"StrongVPN does not restrict P2P usage, but please note sharing of Copyrighted materials is forbidden, please do not do this or we will have to take action against your account," they told us, later adding in a separate mail: "StrongVPN Notice: You may NOT distribute copyright-protected material through our network. We may cancel your account if that happens."

StrongVPN website
http://torrentfreak.com/which-vpn-pr...iously-111007/

Dexz

Golden Squire
I'm currently using IPT for trackers and Whatbox.ca for my seedbox. The question I have is this.. I'm using Kitty to create a SSH tunnel to whatbox as my security for surfing. After my files hit the seedbox I log in with a SFTP connection using Cute FTP to download them to my box. Is this better or worse than a VPN ?

The way I look at it, correct me if I'm wrong here, If all parts are somewhat secure then no peering eyes can view my internet traffic and all should be find and dandy.\

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
There will always be a weak link in any situation. Yours is whatbox. You are traceable to them, so if they are compromised, so are you. This is as likely as any private VPN provider being compromised, so... you're fine.