Total War: Warhammer

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I don't like the broken stuff and avoid it. Like Orion able to use the trees to declare war on enough people to get free upkeep for all his armies.

The game is easy enough once you get out of the early game and start steam rolling.
Playing on legendary, it didn't seem too broken in retrospect. Gave Dwarfs a spin, and you can manage to get a respectable income while only holding on to 2 or 3 provinces. Sounds inherently broken at first, but that building chain's benefits also hinge on you having a small number of settlements, so it's not like you could suddenly expand and expect to maintain that same level of benefit. They could still probably reduce the effects a bit, but either way, it's the first good example I can think of where building tall instead of wide is actually viable. I like that it's an option.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Did they adress the dumb shit with the towers when attacking cities or is it still a thing?

Burns

Did they address the dumb shit with the towers when attacking cities or is it still a thing?
Last I played (~4mo ago) you can use mods to customize how or if you want towers to work. Should be able to search the workshop for mods related to towers. I think one of them caps the amount of resources you have to build them at 1, effectively disabling them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
The buildable towers are a non-issue now. Unlike the outward-facing towers in major siege battles, the buildable towers do very little damage and can be mostly ignored. Or, if you have a few flying units, you can rush them and smash them down. Once any of the buildable items are destroyed, it can no longer be rebuilt during that battle.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Thanks, after 4 years of not being on PC, this is one of the games I want to play on new rig.

Will still be from the couch though. Consolitis comfort is too adictive.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Did they adress the dumb shit with the towers when attacking cities or is it still a thing?
If you're talking about towers getting rebuilt after being destroyed, yes, that was fixed. The defender still earns supplies throughout the fight, so if you drag your ass on the attack, you can count on basically everything getting built at some point, but once it's destroyed, it's gone.

• 1Like