Total War: Warhammer

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
they never made a necromunda game. I would rape your mother for a necromunda game.
Oddly enough the fantasy version of that morrowheim or something like that is either out or coming out soon. But I too would defile ancestors for a necromunda video game.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Please let it be that cool. God damnit I dont ask for much. Let this be awesome.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's a lot of technical issues, but at the same time it's zoomed in gameplay of a tactical game that you'll play most of the time zoomed the fuck out, so not too much of an issue, as long as they add some alternate animations for stuff. Looked pretty good though.

Interesting choice of races too, specifically the lack of elves considering they tend to be pretty iconic when it comes to fantasy. Don't care since elves are gay, but going undead over them is interesting. Empire/Orc/Chaos/Dwarves make sense. Skaven would have been great as they're probably the one thing that sets normal Warhammer apart from 40k positively. Maybe for the expansion.

Maybe they could get the license for 40k if this sells decently. This one seems to have a fair focus on large units and stuff that other Total War didn't have(since the others are more realistic and other than war elephants and artillery, there's just not much in real life) so the transition to 40k stuff like the Baneblade, Carnifexes, Deff Dreads and so on would be more natural.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Yeah cant believe they dont have elves or chaos, heres hoping for an expansion.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They have Chaos. Unless Chaos is NPC only I guess, but the races description thing has Chaos in there.

From the wiki:
"The valiant Karl Franz marshals the men of the Empire, seeking to unite the fractured elector counts under a banner of strength against their common enemies.

Hungry for the vicious brutality of combat, the Greenskins flock to the tribe of Grimgor Ironhide; Orcs and Goblins alike filled with an insatiable thirst for carnage.

High King Thorgrim orders the stoic Dwarfs forth from their mountain strongholds, marching to vengefully right the grave injustices dealt to them over the millennia.

Yet the motives of the Vampire Counts under Mannfred von Carstein are shrouded in murderous secrecy, his armies raised from the rotting ranks of the dead.

And while the Old World becomes torn by betrayal, war and the unleashing of unfathomable power, a greater threat still whispers in the winds from the north. The fabric of reality itself begins to rend and buckle."

khorum

Murder Apologist
You'll play a few of those tactical games then autoresolve them for the remaining 100+ hours of time in the campaign. They keep doing this shit, show the fucking campaign gameplay.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
As I understand it, the plan is to have a trilogy of semi-standalone releases, with each one adding new races and expanding the map. So initial release is Empire, Greenskins, Dwarves, and Vamps, and if they stick with four factions per release, I'd guess release number two will be something like Chaos, Brets, Wood Elves, and Skaven, with the more far-flung races showing up in the last release.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
That video does look pretty good, hopefully the campaign gameplay comes out as well as the combat looks. I just want more Warhammer games, there's some smaller stuff floating around, but I want more high profile titles like this.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
They have Chaos. Unless Chaos is NPC only I guess, but the races description thing has Chaos in there.

From the wiki:
"The valiant Karl Franz marshals the men of the Empire, seeking to unite the fractured elector counts under a banner of strength against their common enemies.

Hungry for the vicious brutality of combat, the Greenskins flock to the tribe of Grimgor Ironhide; Orcs and Goblins alike filled with an insatiable thirst for carnage.

High King Thorgrim orders the stoic Dwarfs forth from their mountain strongholds, marching to vengefully right the grave injustices dealt to them over the millennia.

Yet the motives of the Vampire Counts under Mannfred von Carstein are shrouded in murderous secrecy, his armies raised from the rotting ranks of the dead.

And while the Old World becomes torn by betrayal, war and the unleashing of unfathomable power, a greater threat still whispers in the winds from the north. The fabric of reality itself begins to rend and buckle."
They haven't shown a single chaos unit or model. I have seen the 4 from the other races. Sounds like Chaos is not a playable race and a few models might make an appearance but doesn't sound like its fleshed out .

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
If you've played a modern Total War game, I'm pretty sure you'll know what to expect. For those saying auto resolve, I get you to a point. But the entire thing that sets Total War games apart from say Civ, is that the actual battle combat is way more in depth and has thousands of units of the field. If you crank up the difficulty, auto resolve is pretty shit most of the time. To me, that basically looked like Fantasy Total War, which is quite rad in my opinion.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They haven't shown a single chaos unit or model. I have seen the 4 from the other races. Sounds like Chaos is not a playable race and a few models might make an appearance but doesn't sound like its fleshed out .
Ah I see, haven't been following this at all so didn't know they had shown units from all the other armies. So I guess it's either NPC, or it's just a teaser of the first expansion thing. No Chaos kinda sucks then, but oh well.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I haven't played multiplayer TW since Shogun2 slapped on a metagame track to the mp tactical gae. I'm sure the tactical game will appeal to WFB fans, but most TW folks play for the 4x game. Rome2's strategy game changes were great too. Hopefully they roll those into this game.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
THE Battle of Black Fire Pass predates the Empire itself. There were no Gryphon mounts, there were no steam tanks, and there was no 'FOR SIGMAR', because Sigmar was there on the battlefield leading the armies of men. The battle would have been lost and the race of men wiped from the earth (maybe not the Brettonii as they had already departed the area that became the Empire) if not for Sigmar's feats on the battlefield. It was after this battle that the kings (and queen) of the other tribes of men hailed him as Emperor, and King Kurgan Ironbeard commissioned Alaric the Mad to forge what would become the 12 Runefangs of the Elector Counts.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
THE Battle of Black Fire Pass predates the Empire itself. There were no Gryphon mounts, there were no steam tanks, and there was no 'FOR SIGMAR', because Sigmar was there on the battlefield leading the armies of men. The battle would have been lost and the race of men wiped from the earth (maybe not the Brettonii as they had already departed the area that became the Empire) if not for Sigmar's feats on the battlefield. It was after this battle that the kings (and queen) of the other tribes of men hailed him as Emperor, and King Kurgan Ironbeard commissioned Alaric the Mad to forge what would become the 12 Runefangs of the Elector Counts.
It can be The Battle of Blackfire Pass without it being THE Battle of Blackfire Pass. Pretty clear they understand that as it's Karl Franz and not Sigmar fighting
smile.png

Xeldar

Silver Squire
My dick is so harder than calculus for this. Just started playing Medieval TW. Never had played a TW game prior, watching my knights flank and charge into bowman is so damn satisfying.