Total War: Warhammer

Palum

what Suineg set it to
While not as extreme as that, I am also having a difficult time getting into WH3. I don't think I have even completed 1 game. All the new races feel incomplete when compared to the WH2 races and the closest I came to finishing a game was a Tomb Lords playthrough.

I am hoping a few years of DLCs/mods will fix everything and it will be up to snuff by 2025. Around the same time that mods are polished enough to make Starfield into an enjoyable game too, so 2025 should be a good gaming year!
I have yet to finish a big world campaign. I just can't work around all the problems and AI scaling. I'm not the best player but when you own half the map and simply can't stop doom stacks from randomly showing up constantly it's just endless back and forth. These aren't necessarily rival factions just endless beastmen and chaos spawn ins or rebuilds with I'm guessing cheaty economics. And don't bother with diplomacy because they'll just flop over and require bailing out or just do nothing until they randomly break for a few trinkets.

1 I played several campaigns to completion, 2 as much and 3 just even less.

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
Legend of Total War weighs in on the latest CA debacle regarding DLC pricing, lack of bug fixing/patching, etc.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I don't understand how they went from one of their best games ever in WH2, to this..

It's a classic example of trying to fix shit that isn't broken.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I don't understand how they went from one of their best games ever in WH2, to this..

It's a classic example of trying to fix shit that isn't broken.
Its like the 1970's Superman movies, from great intro to masterpiece to wtf? Put me in the Never finished a game of WH3 camp after loving the long campaigns of the first two.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
The patch notes for 4.0 and the Shadows of Change DLC, both of which are coming tomorrow, are out:

The review embargo has also been lifted, and - as expected, given the community mood over the last few weeks - no one is recommending it. Here's a few YouTube reviews I found:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
So far it feels ok, towers got nerfed as far as I can tell, you don't have to do tons of minor settlement battles

Feels pretty good

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'm in the final 50-60 turns into the long victory (guessing 180 turns or so) required for achievement as Zhatan

I didn't buy the newest DLC (power to the people) but things seem massively better

Id have some suggestions like making tower construction something static you can do with a settlement battle previewer instead of the whackamole tower mini game, then we are looking amazing

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Interesting ambush map layout.

Screenshot_20230927_202849_Gallery.jpg

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Literally no one was looking forward to that or asked for it. They need to hire someone from this thread to put the head back on for them.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
If I wanted to pay 1k+ for DLC I'd play train simulator.
I do hope the CA has learned their lesson from the Shadow of Change DLC debacle. I personally haven't bought it yet and will wait until it gets $20 or less.

Probably nothing going to come of it, but time will tell.

• 1Like

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
My guess is they are following Bioware's foot steps. I'm just glad they got all three WH titles out before going to hell.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yes I'm going to be glad to pick up the complete experience for $4.99 on steam summer sale 2029 but meh could have been more still.