Total War: Warhammer

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The chaos dwarf immortal empires campaign I played after this patch was good. But they deserve the pain and need to continue course correcting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Do we even give CA benefit of the doubt that this won't suck on epic proportions given the WH3 debacle?
Over the lifetime of Total War: Warhammer, I think they deserve 1 fuck up. If they pull the same bullshit on the next DLC, then fuck them.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
You mean a marketing/sales fuckup?

Because they've had design/productions fuckups left and right.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I used to buy every DLC at launch.

They completely lost me with the tower bullshit.

That shit has zero place in this game. It removes the players ability to avoid casualties to an extent, which I find ridiculous in a game where you strategically build and foster units.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I never played this. I loved and played all of the other TW: WH games (1000s hours), my buddy played 50hours~ or so at release of this and didn't like the tower stuff and didn't have any sticking power.

Am I understanding correctly that they had a big patch to fix the lameness and it did not necessarily do that?

Is it worth playing NOW if I have never played and generally am a fan of all things Warhammer?

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
The siege battles are less gay then they were but they aren't like they were in WH2. I used to be able to play WH2 for hours and hours and hours... and I can't with 3.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Doing a solo Ungim run. I will take combat support when & where I can.

Sieged the last settlement that Azhag had. During the end turn the AI sub'd him in from an generic lord. He was greeted with my axe to welcome him back to the campaign.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I never played this. I loved and played all of the other TW: WH games (1000s hours), my buddy played 50hours~ or so at release of this and didn't like the tower stuff and didn't have any sticking power.

Am I understanding correctly that they had a big patch to fix the lameness and it did not necessarily do that?

Is it worth playing NOW if I have never played and generally am a fan of all things Warhammer?

I want any kind of defensive towers existing to be completely reworked tbh, but it was much much more tolerable compared to before.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Small Patch today.

We're back with the following fixes:

• When attacked, units should now only ignore orders (especially move orders) and return to combat when the majority of the unit is in danger and not in cases where a low number of entities face trouble. This should make cavalry in particularly feel more responsive when repeatedly charging, withdrawing and charging again.
  • Fixed an issue where Mother Ostankya and her Hag Witches would shoot twice in quick succession when standing still.
  • Giant Spiders and Spider Hatchlings can now make use of a selection of attacks while chasing routing enemies (including hops, skips and cute but deadly nibbles!)
  • Fixed an issue that was causing multiplayer clients to override the `Guard` and `Skirmish` mode on units not under their control based on their local settings, especially when re-summoned in Domination.
  • The Skaven 'Power Grab' passive will no longer trigger when the lord is teleport withdrawn in Domination and Survival battles.
  • Changed the requirement of the Chaos Dwarfs end game scenario objective from only 'Control' to 'Raze or Control' settlements, allowing Beastmen to complete the objective.
  • The Changeling's unique skill 'Adherents of the Trickster' will now correctly increase the Cultist Hero recruit rank.
  • Fixed an instance preventing a valid battle map loading when fighting a sally out battle in the Athel Loren area.
  • The Empire Forts and Oak of Ages settlements will now give defensive supplies when under attack.
  • Fixed an issue in an Ulthuan Lakes battle map where impassable terrain was being created by a plane of water under the map
  • Fixed a Chaos Wastes mountains battle map not having a valid playable area.
--------------

Also

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That seems surprisingly like a sincere apology rather than a 'we are sorry that our lawyers are making us apologize'.

• 1Like

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
They can have my attention and maybe money after they actually do everything they mention there in a satisfactory fashion. Definitely a case of talk is cheap, and I am sure they do some follow up just to cover their asses, but I'll wait and see if they can deliver enough to convince me to pick up SoC in 2024, or any other future products for their WH series.

• 1Like