Trap (2024)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So I was still interested enough to give this a shot. It's way worse than I imagined. After 40 minutes or so, the concert ends and this becomes a thriller starring shamadingdong's daughter who using her wit and incredible acting abilities (no), she must save the hostage and alert the police she found the killer who she is at his home presently. This movie did have promise of something cool. But bad acting. Poor story choices and just the lack of a cohesive second and third act destroyed anything interesting about this.

The happening was the last shamadingdong film I watched and I vowed no more. But I'm a dummy and gave him one more shot. There isn't even a bright spot in this movie I can point to as cool other than the premise which was paper thin to scam everyone into watching shamadingdong's horrible daughter try to act and sing her way into stardom.

Edit
Just to be thorough, the movie ends where Hartnett is captured and is being transported to a prison or something in a van. He uses a bike wire to pick the handcuffs and free himself. He starts laughing and then credits roll. The movie is aggravating because they waited til the last 5 minutes for an exposition dump of how exactly the police caught a break in finding the killer. There was no clever mistake. The wife got suspicious and narced on him to the cops. I will say that there is a bright spot to this film. It's the relationship between the killer and his daughter. I'm not a dad, but the end got me in the feels a little when she saw him getting arrested. There is also a scene where the daughter got picked to go on stage with her fav singer. Hartnett is looking on proud and supportive. Yeah. The dad and daughter stuff was really the only good thing about this movie, but it's so jam-packed with bullshit it's gonna be impossible to enjoy this movie.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
So I was still interested enough to give this a shot. It's way worse than I imagined. After 40 minutes or so, the concert ends and this becomes a thriller starring shamadingdong's daughter who using her wit and incredible acting abilities (no),
God damn, I was wondering why they would cast someone so fucking ugly, that explains it. Can't he afford oral surgery for her? You could use her underbite to play basketball.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
Wow, this was total trash. 22 years since Shamiyimayam made a good movie.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I don't knowwww...

The Visit was pretty fun. Stupid simple found footage movie. Wasn't amazing, but it's infinitely better than The Happening, but then again that set's a pretty God damn low bar.

I didn't mind Split or Glass. Cheesy in their own way, but entertaining enough. Old wasn't to bad either if you wanna kill some time. Neat idea for a twilight zone episode, but that's basically all of his films.

He's a pooper Rod Serling, or at least trying to be.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It got a little better when the focus of the story went from shamading's daughter back to the dad and his daughter. If I didn't know that shamading has been making movies for 25 years, I can forgive this shit show. But no. How do you go from Unbreakable to this? I tossed on Lady In The Water the other day and it did not age well at all. I thought Giamatti saved it or at least brought it out of the toilet, no. It was still horrible and I must have been blinded by Ron Howard's ginger daughter. Shamading got very lucky and made 3 excellent films off the bat and then ran out of ideas. He's been coasting on the success of those movies for decades.

• 1Worf

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
This guy's movies are awful.

I can't believe he's been riding those 6th sense coat tails for so long.

Anything he makes should go direct to bollywood.

• 1Solidarity

Rabbit_Games

Trakanon Raider
Watched it. Ugh. Could have been cool, but just... meh.
Josh did pull off some good creepy vibes, I'll give him that.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
40 minutes in, it's bad, Josh Harnett has had one good scene, the cinematography is weird, we're spending way too much time just watching the concert and the images projected for the concert all look like their dropping frames probably because their frame rate and the frame rate of the camera are out of sync. Then as we transition in to the second act I remembered that the actress playing Lady Raven is M Night's daughter. I assume she's just the main character going forward? This is actually a much harder sit than I was expecting.

I can't remember if this bit of trivia got posted here but the FBI profiler lady is Hayley Mills.

1725597653187.png

from The Parent Trap hur hur