Trigger Warning (2024)

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
There are 2,300 women serving in Army special operations -- mostly in support roles -- making up 8% of a military community that includes Special Forces and Rangers. However, fewer than 10 women are Green Berets, with the first coming from the National Guard three years ago.

'Looking for a Husband, Boyfriend, Attention': Study Reveals Sexism Faced by Women in Army Special Operations

Btw, I dont think women belong on Special Forces. Just pointing out that there are some there.
We didn't have women at the battalion level or lower in 5th Group. As far as I know, all of the other Groups were the same. They were all at Group (essentially brigade), and even then, I think it was probably less than 10 in all of 5th Group. I got out at the end of 2008 though, so maybe a lot changed in the last decade and a half?

And make no mistake, any women making it through selection and the Q course are 100% politically driven. We had lots of rock stars that were support that would give it a go and wash out. We're talking already tops of the military, had the experience of working with the teams and being coached by them, and still not making it. Shit, most of the time you'd know some of the guys at selection since you worked with them already.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
There are 2,300 women serving in Army special operations -- mostly in support roles -- making up 8% of a military community that includes Special Forces and Rangers. However, fewer than 10 women are Green Berets, with the first coming from the National Guard three years ago.

'Looking for a Husband, Boyfriend, Attention': Study Reveals Sexism Faced by Women in Army Special Operations

Btw, I dont think women belong on Special Forces. Just pointing out that there are some there.
Yeah, see that "mostly in support roles" part? That means they do jobs to support the special forces units. Like clerical work, medical work, intel, etc. That doesn't mean 2300 women went through A&S, Q course, ranger school, or whatever else to be the actual operators. You also point the first female Green Berets came from National Guard 3 years ago, which defeats your earlier post saying they were in there before all the modern girl power/wokeness shenanigans...

I agree they don't belong in the combat roles even if they can get in without standards being finagled because there is a lot more to it than just the physical aspects, but they just can't do it physically to begin with.

And on the topic of the movie, that trailer was terrible, 0/10 will not watch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
We didn't have women at the battalion level or lower in 5th Group. As far as I know, all of the other Groups were the same. They were all at Group (essentially brigade), and even then, I think it was probably less than 10 in all of 5th Group. I got out at the end of 2008 though, so maybe a lot changed in the last decade and a half?

And make no mistake, any women making it through selection and the Q course are 100% politically driven. We had lots of rock stars that were support that would give it a go and wash out. We're talking already tops of the military, had the experience of working with the teams and being coached by them, and still not making it. Shit, most of the time you'd know some of the guys at selection since you worked with them already.
wait, this is already a movie about navy seal support...
images

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, see that "mostly in support roles" part? That means they do jobs to support the special forces units. Like clerical work, medical work, intel, etc. That doesn't mean 2300 women went through A&S, Q course, ranger school, or whatever else to be the actual operators. You also point the first female Green Berets came from National Guard 3 years ago, which defeats your earlier post saying they were in there before all the modern girl power/wokeness shenanigans...

I agree they don't belong in the combat roles even if they can get in without standards being finagled because there is a lot more to it than just the physical aspects, but they just can't do it physically to begin with.

And on the topic of the movie, that trailer was terrible, 0/10 will not watch.
Welcome back Buddy!

Please relay to Taco Bell my infuriation with the fact they don't sell the 7-layer burrito any longer. This is coming from a Taco Bell veteran mind you... 😉

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That trailer looks pretty stupid. Here I'm thinking Alba washed out of movies 10 years ago and is only capable of being some rich man's sidepiece. But she's a shrewd businesswoman worth 400 million dollars? What in the fuck?

Fucker

Log Wizard
That trailer looks pretty stupid. Here I'm thinking Alba washed out of movies 10 years ago and is only capable of being some rich man's sidepiece. But she's a shrewd businesswoman worth 400 million dollars? What in the fuck?
Over a billion.

Just started a production company, so toss in another couple 100mill in 3-5 years.

• 1WTF

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

1716995913374.jpeg

You do you!

• 2Worf
  • 1Barf

Sterling

El Presidente
I'm sure Alba could easily have done a 12 mile ruck march in under 3 hours carrying a 60 lb bag.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
May 2022 I posted this in the Netflix thread:

I've mentioned that I am part of the preview club on Netflix, so I get to watch shit months early and give my opinion. Last week was a movie with Jessica Alba called Trigger Warning. Not that kind of trigger warning, the gun kind. However, it should have been the other kind, because this movie SUCKS and triggered the fuck out of me. Granted, she's still damn good looking for 50'ish or however old she is. They even give a BOLO for her as a "hispanic woman in her 30s" so I guess that's what we're supposed to believe. She's apparently special forces, but uses terms like "they have a machine gun" to refer to an assault rifle, and calls an RPG a missile.

I won't bother going into detail of all the absolutely stupid things that happen in this movie, but just avoid at all costs unless you absolutely need to see Alba fully clothed and not sexy at all. Well, she's naturally pretty fucking sexy fully clothed, but you get my point. This is not a T&A movie. I honestly have no idea why this movie needed to be made, nor why she would take it. There have to be better things she could have picked.
To be fair, Ambiturner shit all over me (somewhat rightfully) because I was a good 10 years too high on her age, but if you can somehow find it in your heart to overlook my faux pas, believe my warning to avoid this movie.

• 3Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
May 2022 I posted this in the Netflix thread:

To be fair, Ambiturner shit all over me (somewhat rightfully) because I was a good 10 years too high on her age, but if you can somehow find it in your heart to overlook my faux pas, believe my warning to avoid this movie.
other than the ridiculousness of her teensy tiny body brawling with men 3 times her weight. was the action at least fun and did it have a point? was she trying to save her daughter from a drug lord or something? i saw the trailer, but my brain already made me forget the minor details.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
other than the ridiculousness of her teensy tiny body brawling with men 3 times her weight. was the action at least fun and did it have a point? was she trying to save her daughter from a drug lord or something? i saw the trailer, but my brain already made me forget the minor details.
Nope. If I remember correctly, some gang or drug runners or bad military people (or some combo of those 3) harass her dad, who owns a bar, and end up killing him. Cue revenge story.

And from my memory the action was terrible, but honestly I can't say I remember anything specific. And to be fair, they sometimes do clean these movies up a bit in the years between me seeing them (and then shitting all over them in the questionnaire...which is perhaps why maybe they kicked me out, or at least they stopped sending me invites), so it is POSSIBLE that they somehow made this a good movie. I highly doubt it though. I mean, even if they fixed stuff like her calling an rpg a missile, she's still like 110 lbs soaking wet.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Nope. If I remember correctly, some gang or drug runners or bad military people (or some combo of those 3) harass her dad, who owns a bar, and end up killing him. Cue revenge story.

And from my memory the action was terrible, but honestly I can't say I remember anything specific. And to be fair, they sometimes do clean these movies up a bit in the years between me seeing them (and then shitting all over them in the questionnaire...which is perhaps why maybe they kicked me out, or at least they stopped sending me invites), so it is POSSIBLE that they somehow made this a good movie. I highly doubt it though. I mean, even if they fixed stuff like her calling an rpg a missile, she's still like 110 lbs soaking wet.
Yeah no, this is going to be bad. Get ready for more! She started a production company so she's going to be ripping these duds out like there's no tomorrow.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
5 years ago.

I haven't seen the movie or watched this video. But the wiki says the movie is based off a screenplay and it's a female Rambo meets John Wick. The book I believe is a series of stories written by Neil Gaiman. I am probably wrong.
-edit
Yeah I'm wrong. But I don't think it's the same story.

Last edited: