Twisters (2024)

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
On the bright side, this new film coming out could mean a 4K remaster of the old one and potential atmos track, making an already good sound mix even better. I did a rewatch last year and the 5.1 mix still hits hard.

Part of me is interested in how the storm chasing game has changed from the initial portrayal with all the tech advances since the mid 90's but I figure we'll end up with an insufferable Saints Row reboot gang.

I'm interested in the sequel if the CGI isn't a rush job and the audio kicks ass, then this can be a dumb popcorn demo disc.
The storm chasing game has changed a bit. They might actually use something like this in the new movie.

1705352039929.png

1705352169546.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
God fuck hollywood. Just saw this trailer. Vapid brain dead, lets just completely copy the first down to quotes, locations, items etc. Like fuck me I wouldn't be completely against a sequel of some sort, but like every other property they can think of to butt fuck, these are like lets do the same thing but worse.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
God fuck hollywood. Just saw this trailer. Vapid brain dead, lets just completely copy the first down to quotes, locations, items etc. Like fuck me I wouldn't be completely against a sequel of some sort, but like every other property they can think of to butt fuck, these are like lets do the same thing but worse.
I always say that Hollywood needs to remake the absolute shit-tier movies, not the good ones.

Remake Aeon Flux ffs

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So is this a soft reboot then where one of the characters is so and so's kid and the script is mostly a rehash?

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
The first movie was dumb. But it was released at a time when special effects were taking a quantum leap. The formula was enough to bring people to the movies stars+fx=$$$

Plus I am pretty sure it got the "summer release" spot.

We should start ranking movies and the "R" scale for retarded (aka "dumb"). This one looks like an R4.

• 1Solidarity

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I feel like Glen is more of the asshole Cary elwes played it the original

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wrong. The first movie had Helen Hunt in a rain-soaked tank top. Debate over.
1708368626489.jpeg

She is nice looking and all but this scene is not all that.

The first movie was fun. It was campy and I have always been fascinated with Tornadoes.

P.S.

I would have taken Jami Gertz in her prime over Helen Hunt

1708368911157.jpeg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1SchwarzeNeg
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
Well, the original is almost 30 years old at this point, so I guess I can see the idea-deprived executives at Warner Bros. thinking it's due for a remake/reimagining/soft-reboot to introduce the new Deadly Weather Cinematic Universe.

My problem is that the whole idea of "tornado chasers" seems hopelessly dated and corny. I'm sure it's still something that someone, somewhere still does - but why? Are we still supposed to believe that there is some magical scientific mystery behind tornados that can only be discovered by driving an armored pickup truck into a storm? Why not just use drones or remote-controlled vehicles or basically anything else?

"Oh, no, see - they have to drive into the storm in their truck so that they can CONQUER THEIR FEAR." Okay, but it's probably a good idea to be afraid of a giant swirling tornado that can level entire towns. We're not talking about my ex that used to cry when she saw a spider in the house; if you see a huge and deadly tornado, being afraid seems like a very reasonable reaction.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Goonsquad Officer
Some other studio gonna make hurricane hunters, then another will make typhoon tailers

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I always say that Hollywood needs to remake the absolute shit-tier movies, not the good ones.

Remake Aeon Flux ffs
It's been a long time since I saw that movie but I don't remember it being that bad. I mean I remember watching the animated deal on liquid television, and I thought it did a pretty good job of making it a live-action movie. Maybe because it wasn't as weird enough?

I do agree with your stance on remaking bad movies.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well, the original is almost 30 years old at this point, so I guess I can see the idea-deprived executives at Warner Bros. thinking it's due for a remake/reimagining/soft-reboot to introduce the new Deadly Weather Cinematic Universe.

My problem is that the whole idea of "tornado chasers" seems hopelessly dated and corny. I'm sure it's still something that someone, somewhere still does - but why? Are we still supposed to believe that there is some magical scientific mystery behind tornados that can only be discovered by driving an armored pickup truck into a storm? Why not just use drones or remote-controlled vehicles or basically anything else?

"Oh, no, see - they have to drive into the storm in their truck so that they can CONQUER THEIR FEAR." Okay, but it's probably a good idea to be afraid of a giant swirling tornado that can level entire towns. We're not talking about my ex that used to cry when she saw a spider in the house; if you see a huge and deadly tornado, being afraid seems like a very reasonable reaction.
i mean people still do chase tornadoes and they do stupid shit like get right in front of them. its a bunch of adrenaline junkies getting their rocks off. i think its supposed to be a service to warn people that a tornado touched down. a lot of people just stay where they are and ride it out because they got nowhere else to go or they think they will be fine and their house will be spared. a tornado chaser doesnt mean jack shit to those people. theyre the ones posting videos to youtube with the tornado right outside their window and them screaming for their lives for our amusements.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
i mean people still do chase tornadoes and they do stupid shit like get right in front of them. its a bunch of adrenaline junkies getting their rocks off. i think its supposed to be a service to warn people that a tornado touched down. a lot of people just stay where they are and ride it out because they got nowhere else to go or they think they will be fine and their house will be spared. a tornado chaser doesnt mean jack shit to those people. theyre the ones posting videos to youtube with the tornado right outside their window and them screaming for their lives for our amusements.
This post reminds me of how my neighbor can take a question about fertilizer and turn it into an answer about queers.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This post reminds me of how my neighbor can take a question about fertilizer and turn it into an answer about queers.
i thought i kept it on topic. storm chasing is all about the early warning. which is what Twister was about. they were storm chasers who wanted to find an even better way to detect tornadoes early and so they developed the Dorothy system to map them out. the earlier you get warned, the more time you have to get to safety/pick up the smartphone to record your own death.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Not only that, but you can see from the trailer it's the same little orb things that they put in a trash can on the back of the truck.

That's why I said this looks like a remake and not a sequel.

It's quite sad.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users