Twisters (2024)

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I poo-poo’d the hell out of this initially but I actually really enjoyed this. Yeah, it’s got basically the same ingredients from the first one, but it works fine, it doesn’t shit on anything old (other than the little homage to Dorothy with Dorothy V in the beginning there’s no real mention of anything from the previous). Definitely some member berries with certain lines from the first one. Still think it was a perfectly enjoyable dumb summer flick and sound was dope in the Dolby atmos. Took the whole family (Twister’s a cult classic for us) and filled up a row at the theater and everyone had a blast.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
looks like its gonna do really well too, might beat dune 2 and oppenheimer opening weekends

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, our theater, which is kinda out in the boons, was absolutely packed. Just about a full house for our screen.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The audience for this likely has a lot of crossover with Deadpool 3 so everyone that wants to see on the premium screens have no time to waste as they will switch next weekend.

• 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The audience for this likely has a lot of crossover with Deadpool 3 so everyone that wants to see on the premium screens have no time to waste as they will switch next weekend.
It's also not pushing any agendas.

The director behind the summer blockbuster "Twisters" pushed back against criticism that the tornado flick does not address climate change, in a new interview.

"I just wanted to make sure that with the movie, we don’t ever feel like (it) is putting forward any message," director Lee Isaac Chung told CNN. "I just don’t feel like films are meant to be message-oriented."

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
OK fair enough but everyone knows tornados are the direct result of human made climate change so he didn't need to push any agenda.

• 1Mother of God

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I had some family in town so we all went and saw this. It is by no means a good movie or memorable in any way.

That said it was fine as a bullshit summer movie and something to do for a while. We saw it in the 4DX seats (the ones that move.) it’s not the first time I’ve seen a movie in 4DX and I was reminded once again that it’s very gimmicky. It’s kinda harsh - it jolts around a bit too much - but it’s amusing…kinda.

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
OK fair enough but everyone knows tornados are the direct result of human made climate change so he didn't need to push any agenda.

Yep tornadoes were unheard of before we invented global warming in the 80s.

"The most "extreme" tornado in recorded history was the Tri-State tornado, which spread through parts of Missouri, Illinois, and Indiana on March 18, 1925. It is considered an F5 on the Fujita Scale, holds records for longest path length at 219 miles (352 km) and longest duration at about 3+1⁄2 hours, and held the fastest forward speed for a significant tornado at 73 mph (117 km/h) anywhere on Earth. In addition, it is the deadliest single tornado in United States history with 695 fatalities."

Those darn horses and model T cars sure were smogging up the ozone layer!

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Drinker thought it was fine. Seems like a fun popcorn movie in the style of what we used to get all the time in the 90s.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I watched this over the weekend. It had a decent premise, some good cinematography and several interesting scenes. My biggest problem with the movie is that the protagonists are unlikeable retards.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
4K HDR rips are out, out on VOD in 2 days. apparently released early on VOD in new zealand which is where the torrents are from

Fucker

Log Wizard
LOL@ this dumb fucking movie. "Real estate developers want real time weather reports." Uh...why? Can't pick up a house and hide it if a tornado moseys into town. NWS doesn't have real time weather reports? What are you going to do, rush in and build houses around active tornadoes? "Hey Gomez, don't build a house right there, a tornado will land there in 8 minutes!"

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Made it 1/4 way in, skipped to the end. Missed nothing.

Dumb cast, laughably stupid script. Movie apparently made for people with an IQ of 31.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Omg I'm definitely watching this now. One of my best friends never watches movies and wanted to see this. He was a real estate turd until he was 34

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Made it 1/4 way in, skipped to the end. Missed nothing.

Dumb cast, laughably stupid script. Movie apparently made for people with an IQ of 31.
I'm part way through this. The fact that I'm posting while the movie is on is likely a great sign. The whole thing is cartoonish. Like, in a completely ridiculous way.

Post watch verdict: It was fine. They eventually toned down the cartoony shit. Although my wife and I both had to say to each other several times that we needed to stop nit-picking the realism. You really have to turn off your brain for this one, because it's retarded. Just enjoy it for the absurdity.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf