Twitch.tv

Cybsled

Creating a separate channel is overkill

Not always. Youtube algorithms are still a thing - raw VOD dumps might get less views or be as popular as curated and edited content, so sticking your less popular stuff on another channel can be a way to avoid getting fucked by the algo

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
The simple answer is to just allow people to edit their algo and interface like a normal civilisation would have done. But we can't have that in Globohomo algo world. Just think if in the YouTube settings you had a page where you could both place words or tags to block or suppress but others to promote? But nooo... our blessed beancounter overlords know what is best for us and keep us in the dark over the manure they feed us.

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
if you use uBlock Origin, add this to your filters in the Dashboard and it'll completely hide shorts.

youtube.com##[is-shorts]
This is what my personal filters look like:

youtube.com##[is-shorts]
youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element-show
youtube.com##+js(set, yt.config_.openPopupConfig.supportedPopups.adBlockMessageViewModel, false)
youtube.com##+js(set, Object.prototype.adBlocksFound, 0)
youtube.com##+js(set, ytplayer.config.args.raw_player_response.adPlacements, [])
youtube.com##+js(set, Object.prototype.hasAllowedInstreamAd, true)
@@||assoc-amazon.com^
amazon-adsystem.com

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Can get blocktube extension also. Along with blocking shorts it allows keyword filters so you can nuke all those react videos.

Cybsled

Just think if in the YouTube settings you had a page where you could both place words or tags to block or suppress but others to promote?

Are you new to the internet? I think you forget that webpages since the dawn of time tried to game search results or promote their sites using fake or inaccurate tags

There are just as many issues giving users too much power in search result promotions. That’s how your feed gets flooded with z-tier spam and shit

spronk

FPS noob
you can also subscribe to YT premium with a VPN in turkey in argentina, on a family plan its like $3/mo and gets you zero ads on youtube for 5 google accounts and gives you phone YT music ad free and most importantly no ads on youtube TV apps which is great for kids/seniors. blocking youtube ads on TV is harder without firewall configs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
you can also subscribe to YT premium
Wayne Knight Laughing GIF

andrew phung laugh GIF by Kim's Convenience

not funny sudden realization GIF by Studia Soyuz

• 3Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I only have one subscription and thats Youtube Premium. I tried watching at work without it and damn the ads are indeed aids.

• 1Picard

Fadaar

That guy
i recently downloaded YouTube Vanced on my phone to make it actually tolerable to use YT on the go. i aint paying for shit, fuck google they get enough money when i buy a phone.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
i recently downloaded YouTube Vanced on my phone to make it actually tolerable to use YT on the go. i aint paying for shit, fuck google they get enough money when i buy a phone.
You buy Google phones? I totally forgot they made phones.

That should totally come with a free Youtube Premium sub on that device (at the least).

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
You buy Google phones? I totally forgot they made phones.

That should totally come with a free Youtube Premium sub on that device (at the least).
I got the Pixel 7 when it was like 300 bucks unlocked through Mint Mobile. Best camera I have ever had on a phone. The battery could be better otherwise the phone is good.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
I got the Pixel 7 when it was like 300 bucks unlocked through Mint Mobile. Best camera I have ever had on a phone. The battery could be better otherwise the phone is good.

Same except I usually just buy the unlocked phone from Amazon. Think it was $400. Camera is great and IMO the battery is far better than any previous Pixel model I've had (1, 4, 6). Only replaced my 6 cause I dropped it on hardwood floor and the screen stopped working. Didn't even shatter, just straight up stopped working. Worst part was I couldn't even turn the fucker off so until the battery died my wake up alarm just kept going off for 14 hours. Had to wrap it in a towel and put it in another room before I went batshit.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I only have one subscription and thats Youtube Premium. I tried watching at work without it and damn the ads are indeed aids.

ublock origin

Thats all you need. If you get grey screened F for fullscreen and then F again and it goes away.

Newpipe on phones works too.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Mitch Jones is claiming Mizkif assaulted him. It looks like Mitch started the fight and lost. Reckful was right about wanting to stay away from Mitch, everyone else should too.

• 5Faggotry
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 6 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Mitch Jones is claiming Mizkif assaulted him. It looks like Mitch started the fight and lost. Reckful was right about wanting to stay away from Mitch, everyone else should too.

The kid known for being a little bitch (Mitch the Bitch) is apparently a little bitch? Odd and unexpected LoL...

• 1Worf

Caliane

bro, streamers are degenerates like you can't even imagine.

efap talking about asmongold replying to a vid just the other day... discussing asmongold eating maggoty bread, blood on his walls, dead rat "alarm clock", not bathing for months, having to get dentistry to replace all his teeth.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
bro, streamers are degenerates like you can't even imagine.

efap talking about asmongold replying to a vid just the other day... discussing asmongold eating maggoty bread, blood on his walls, dead rat "alarm clock", not bathing for months, having to get dentistry to replace all his teeth.
Gross, how far in was this? I like EFAP well enough, but I felt the topic was covered and checked out after ~2 hours.