Venturebeat: Blizzard delays unannounced MMO until 2016, resets whole project

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Our High School had a nursery. This is the suburbs of Philadelphia. and I graduated back in '99. I would estimate that 85% of my school was white. The remainder was black and hispanic. There were no white babies in the Nursery, though.

Odd how that worked out.

vazdeline_sl

shitlord
Anytime someone conveys interest towards Pokemon in one of these threads I don't even read the whole thread due to taint factor. MMO's are one thing, but when people start talking about Pokemon I have to draw the line.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm actually impressed anyone remembers the date of a handjob. I had a bj on a church bus once under a coat and the coat is the only reason I vaguely remember the season.

I couldn't even tell you when my first was suffice to say I was 14 and she was 16. I remember it being in the floor of my 9 year old cousins bedroom at our grandparents. I think that makes me feel weird in retrospect.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Fifth period I sat next to a girl three years older than me but still in 7th grade. She was returning to school after giving birth to her second child over the summer. We became easy friends, and when the lights went off for the in-class movie her hand slid down my pants and her fingers gripped my manhood.
Go on...

KKxAGL1.jpg

KKxAGL1.jpg

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This is a great derail. Whenever I hear about in school nurseries from others as I have moved around it is always interesting to me. Out in the wilds of the Oregon Coast where I grew up they would basically throw any girl who got knocked up (along with the father, if possible) into one of those bullshit "alternative schools" and they would never again be seen by the normal K-12 students.

To this day the idea of an in school daycare is nuts to me.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
I guess penis inspection days are really a thing in the US aswell, i always thought it was just a joke on the internet.

On topic, Blizzard could make UO2. They did EQ already and it worked out quite well, so how about that.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
Is pokemon less complex then Magic? Or is it simply the perception that it is because of the cartoon and stuff. I haven't played either and I always thought of pokemon as a little kids thing because of the cartoon and Nintendo connection.
pokemon games are actually quite damn complex, although it's not required to beat them, but you can min/max heavily and create an unstoppable pokemon that oneshots anything really, if you understand all the game mechanics. For example, all the pokemon has a limited number of points that you can allocate into stats (which happens when you defeat enemies) and these are tied to what kind of enemy you beat. The ghosts in the tower give your charmander +2 special attack every time, which is the best bang for your buck possible. Normally, when you get there your charmander will already be level 30ish or something, effectively meaning you'll have very few "points" (I can't remember the actual name) left to allocate. The best idea is to first make sure you get a good enough starting charmander (save-resetting right before you pick your pokeball - the stats are randomised every time. can take a while), losing the first battle and fleeing every battle until you get pokeballs - you don't want ANY exp on it. Catch a pidgey or something (or better yet, go for the nidoran's in the path to the end of the game as they get an anti-rock ability fairly early, helps with the first gym). Swap your charmander out and make sure it stays level 5 until you make it to the tower. Then when you are there, put it first and keep swapping to whatever main pokemon you have, so that the charmander starts the fights (and also gains exp, eventually levels up) but the other one finishes it. When you've maxed out the "points", your special damage (fire attacks) will do ridiculous damage and you'll be able to kill everything ridiculously fast.

This is just one example, imagine that there are 150 different pokemon that do different things when you fight them

elvis_sl

shitlord
that's all mighty fine, i still don't understand how a pokemon MMO would look like. how would group content work ? raids ? everyone taking turns at hitting the boss and you hope someone didn't disconnect or steve the stoner didn't fall asleep so you can actually progress in the fight ?

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
It would look like the pet battle system currently in WoW. I don't give a shit about raids, they're awful and boring. Why does every game need raids? Just let me collect and customize an absurd amount of creatures and battle them with other players.

If it weren't for the fact that you actually have to level up and do other things in WoW in order to fully participate in the pet battle system I'd play it and ignore everything else in the game.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Can have multiple people complete battles along the same path as a "team" style battle, no waiting needed. each battle gives you a piece of a specific key, need multiples keys to open a chest, keys despawn if you leave the treasure room area.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I'm almost serious when I say you should just make a Pokemon MMO Theory thread.
Yeah I mean I wasn't trying to derail the thread into that but you're right I probably should have. My mistake. Sorry bro.

I just saw that one poster say something about it, and it sorta inspired me to talk about the idea, cause its been in the back of my mind for a long time.

If you'd like, move that post I made earlier to the thread they just made. It wouldn't bother me one bit to do so.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can't believe that no one has talked about what the canceled project was, even if only in vague terms.