Waco pt2? Standoff in Nevada over cattle on BLM land

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Sure, but that's not because they're the government, that's because they're an entity above a certain threshold of power. Don't think for a second that Intel, Apple, Monsanto, Goldman Sax, Rupert Murdoch or any of the others wouldn't do the same thing, if they could.
Governments and private business both hold considerable power above just about any individual but that does not mean they are the same basic thing. Though due to our shitty electorate those lines can blur when the government and private interest collude;

Kelo v. City of New London - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thats the kind of shit that should of caused a uprising.

The US federal government doesn't collect property taxes, it's barred by the constitution. Most states don't either. It's a municipal tax... and there's plenty of shitty towns with 0 services where taxes are absurdly low.
And? Is the authority of Los Angeles county less binding or legitimate than the Federal's? Government is government and your local podunk county can fuck you just as hard as the big guys in dc.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
The US federal government doesn't collect property taxes, it's barred by the constitution. Most states don't either. It's a municipal tax... and there's plenty of shitty towns with 0 services where taxes are absurdly low.
Municipalities should just fund roads, sewer, water, power, gas etc with unicorn farts. Who needs property taxes?

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Municipalities should just fund roads, sewer, water, power, gas etc with unicorn farts. Who needs property taxes?
Property taxes pay for all that? Man why do we pay for water, electricity, garbage services, and have high gas taxes then?!

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I'd like an fully itemized bill from the government, that would turn some heads.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Property taxes pay for all that? Man why do we pay for water, electricity, garbage services, and have high gas taxes then?!
I believe in many places if not most, maintenance and upgrades for local roads is funded by property taxes though there are probably ways to qualify for some amount of state or federal funding to augment that.

Property taxes also commonly fund police departments, emergency services, and public schools.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Isn't Big P a Merlinesque hypocrite anyway, receiving benefits for federal programs even though he was useless in the Armed Forces and after?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'd like an fully itemized bill from the government, that would turn some heads.
That would be a shitstorm. Especially if you could see other people's bills. I'm sure the single childless millionaire would be pissed off that they're contributing $80K a year to schools while somebody that lives in an apartment and has 4 kids is paying nothing.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Isn't Big P a Merlinesque hypocrite anyway, receiving benefits for federal programs even though he was useless in the Armed Forces and after?
Yeah bro, Im totally living high off the hog off the government tit. Heres where I went to get my handout

MCRD_SanDiego_Yellow+Footprints.JPG

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
That would be a shitstorm. Especially if you could see other people's bills. I'm sure the single childless millionaire would be pissed off that they're contributing $80K a year to schools while somebody that lives in an apartment and has 4 kids is paying nothing.
And we'd all get to feel all warm and fuzzy over some multi-billion dollar corporation with a bill lower than a 12 year old's weekly allowance.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
And we'd all get to feel all warm and fuzzy over some multi-billion dollar corporation with a bill lower than a 12 year old's weekly allowance.
People who rent apartments pay property taxes, its just included in their rent.