War with Syria

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
There will be an intense national debate about if WE should do this or not.

This is how democracies should work.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I think he gets Congressional approval. The Dems have to back him and there are enough R Hawks to give him the win.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
What happens if congress doesn't back him? He can still go ahead without approval though right?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I bet the Senate votes to let him do it and the House doesn't... but House Majority and Minority Leaders will support it and Obama will say that's good enough for me and strike.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I don't think he'd go to Congress if he didn't think he'd get the vote. He just wants a legitimate debate first.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I bet the Senate votes to let him do it and the House doesn't... but House Majority and Minority Leaders will support it and Obama will say that's good enough for me and strike.
Yes, he's still going to bomb, it's just a matter of when.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think he sees the Syrian problem as a boondoggle and want to let it die in congress. America only cares about who wins and who loses and a vote being close isn't a moral imperative for military action.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think he knows the leaders support it in the House and he wouldn't care as long as the vote is close (it will be) and the majority of Democrats support it (they will). The Senate is a slam dunk if you ask me.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Hahahah. Nope. I've done my Avatar bet for the year. I think he gets approval, but I'm not going to bet on it.
Whose else wants a new avatar? Eyashusa and Jait seem pretty confident but do you guys have the balls to fight me?

W4RH34D_sl

shitlord
An ant can be against America, doesn't mean we have to give a fuck. But if we go and step in their mound, barefoot, theres gonna be consequences.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What is the bet? Senate approves, House does not?

then add whether he strikes anyways or not?
Good question. Considering a congressional approval would mean he's very likely to strike but congressional disapproval doesn't rule out a strike I'd say the tougher bet (for me) is that he strikes.

So yeah, I say the US doesn't strike before Sept 11th. Who is a bad enough dude to take it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This whole thing is a plot to fuck with putin for not sending him snowden. Hi im going to bomb syria and " accidently" blow up your largest base outside of russia.
smile.png

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I will avatar bet or whatever you want that the following happens:
1. The Senate approves the strike.
2. The House does not approve the strike.
3. The majority and minority leaders of the House publicly, via press release or whatever, say they are fine with Obama striking.
4. Obama strikes before December 31, 2013. (inTrade up in this mother fucker)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
dec 31 is too long away for a political bet for me. Bring it down to a Sept 31 and you have a deal on that alone, I couldn't give a shit about what the details are, just that a strike occurs.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
It could just as easily devolve. Here I'll play a member of Congress....

So you're saying you LIKE chemical weapons attacks??? A vote against a strike, is a vote for terrorism!

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Good question. Considering a congressional approval would mean he's very likely to strike but congressional disapproval doesn't rule out a strike I'd say the tougher bet (for me) is that he strikes.

So yeah, I say the US doesn't strike before Sept 11th. Who is a bad enough dude to take it.
sounds unconstitutional if he strikes without congressional approval...again...i could be wrong...