WarCraft (2016)

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Furthermore, Independence Day 2 not released on Independence Day (or at least July 3/ID weekend)?

Itzena_sl

shitlord
One of those films looks like it might be good (and it's not the next subpar Pixar sequel). The rest look awful.

E: Not that I'm saying that this is going to be amazing or anything, just that those are a pretty weak list of films while the original release date of Xmas this year put it straight up against Episode VII. So...yeah.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I don't remember it being set to release for christmas of this year, but I'm sure they've moved the date around a lot. Prior to the June change it was set to release March 11, 2016.

Siliconemelons

ehh article on yahoo...I am sure is NOT a type- has informed us that the movie was already released!

"Warcraft, based on Blizzard Entertainment's hit videogame World of Warcraft, has shifted from March 11, 2016 to June 10, 2010. Duncan Jones will direct from a script by himself and Charles Leavitt."

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
ehh article on yahoo...I am sure is NOT a type- has informed us that the movie was already released!

"Warcraft, based on Blizzard Entertainment's hit videogame World of Warcraft, has shifted from March 11, 2016 to June 10, 2010. Duncan Jones will direct from a script by himself and Charles Leavitt."
It would be one hell of a trick to release on that date.

Chris

Potato del Grande
They have moved it back to release with the next expansion/content patch for joint marketing and cross advertising. Making a game is nothing like a movie, takes a little longer.

Column_sl

shitlord
The delay is because they wrote a larger part for Marlon Wayans.

images

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah, teenage nerds who like RPGs are just the right target audience for an urban personality, you may even open up a whole new demographic!

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Yeah saw that today and I'm quite impressed by how realistic it looked. They made the art style work in a photorealistic manner, which is easier said than done. Now gotta hope the CGI animations look fluid and good, and that the story itself won't suck.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
First movie in history to include free digital card game sleeves and in game pets?

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
First movie in history to include free digital card game sleeves and in game pets?
Seriously, if they want to make it hugely succesful, just put in place a system where people can redeem a theater ticket for an in-game pet or something. Instant box office smash.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Seriously, if they want to make it hugely succesful, just put in place a system where people can redeem a theater ticket for an in-game pet or something. Instant box office smash.
I assume they'll be handing out promotional codes at theaters.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I was just che cling the cast for this. I'm so conflicted. First we have terrible Aussie kid from pacific rim as orgrim. Eh? A bunch of no name c-listers... Then we have friggen Ben foster as medivh, which is awesome. Howard stark as king llane, callum kieth Rennie as moroes (!) and Clancy brown as blackhand. I just don't know what to think

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I love the guy they cast as Lothar, and Lothar is probably my favorite pre-WoW character. But with all the characters they've cast it looks like they're telling about the whole goddamn story of the black portal opening, which means they're either gonna leave lots of shit out or it's gonna be a long ass movie.

Like why did they even bother casting Khadgar? His role in this time period was finding out that Medivh was corrupted by Sargeras and responsible for opening the portal. So are they actually going to dedicate a portion of the movie to Khadgar's apprenticeship under Medivh and befriending Garona?

Why did they cast Durotan? The Frost Wolves refused the demonic pact and are exiled from the Horde after they cross over from Draenor. He does briefly meet with Doomhammer after Blackhand is killed, and is assassinated shortly thereafter. So did they just include him so they could make some sort of reference to Thrall? Doomhammer kills Blackhand after the first war is won, so exactly how much time are they planning to cover with this movie?