Warhammer 40k Space Marine 2

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh right because bolt rifles aren't bolters.

Everything about the Primaris is so fucking dumb and such a blatant and soulless cash grab.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Aside from the stalker/ bolt rifle which was around longer ago as deathwatch/primaris. And I guess the auto bolt.

They seemed to yes make up a few others, the little bolt carbine, and they seemed redundant with one or two more scoped ones that were very similiar to the stalker.

Melta looks great, but didnt seem to feel like it had oomph, if nothing else, some of those bigger guns not 1 shotting warriors makes me sad. Without sufficient aoe, feels like theyll be dumb if w/ a fairly slow ROF and there's a horde of 3 warriors and gaunts thats going to take a while.

Granted guns like that should only be featured if you go up against a fking tank or something anyways. Would rathered maybe seen some of the other heavy weapons in play, a krak/frag launcher would be maybe fun.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Aside from the stalker/ bolt rifle which was around longer ago as deathwatch/primaris. And I guess the auto bolt.

They seemed to yes make up a few others, the little bolt carbine, and they seemed redundant with one or two more scoped ones that were very similiar to the stalker.

Melta looks great, but didnt seem to feel like it had oomph, if nothing else, some of those bigger guns not 1 shotting warriors makes me sad. Without sufficient aoe, feels like theyll be dumb if w/ a fairly slow ROF and there's a horde of 3 warriors and gaunts thats going to take a while.

Granted guns like that should only be featured if you go up against a fking tank or something anyways. Would rathered maybe seen some of the other heavy weapons in play, a krak/frag launcher would be maybe fun.

The Stalker Pattern Bolter was around, but not a Stalker Bolt Rifle.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did you actually watch the video? There was a plasma rifle, plasma cannon, and plasma pistol. They made up a bunch of different classes of bolt weapon (unless GW has created them in newer editions?) so the closest thing to a storm bolter is probably the "auto bolt rifle" at the very beginning but nothing that was explicitly called a storm bolter.

I fast forwarded through and managed to miss every single effing one. See them now on a full watch.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
The Stalker Pattern Bolter was around, but not a Stalker Bolt Rifle.
I think it's semantics at this point though, looks and acts functionally the same at least in sm2. If there's a table top stalker bolt rifle separate from bolter fair enough. Wish they had a more separate name for the rifles since it's just kinda a sloppy word salad of very similar names for all them

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Sooooooo,

I am in a bad spot for games, since the hurricane I haven't really enjoyed playing anything. Seeing this it actually looks fun, so I went ahead and pre-ordered. "BAD, BAD, NAUGHTY ZOOT'. Everyone I normally game with is still spelunking into Season 5 Diablo, so we'll see what this looks like when it hits in a few weeks. I guarantee I won't feel as bad about this as I do about Starfield: I didn't buy a 7900XTX to play this.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Game should be pretty good given what has been shown, but the very short MSQ and the very limited content will have ppl drop off quickly, I think. They just need twice as much content for a post game to be fun / interesting for however long it will take them to release new shit.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Game should be pretty good given what has been shown, but the very short MSQ and the very limited content will have ppl drop off quickly, I think. They just need twice as much content for a post game to be fun / interesting for however long it will take them to release new shit.
Isn't the campaign in the original between 12-15 hours long? That felt enough for me when I played it years ago.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't expect more than a 10-20 hour campaign. I don't need 100 hours out of this. The horde mode or whatever on the side should be fun enough if the gameplay is as good as the first.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
How's the PvP work in this one? The original was super fun for like four days.

To me, the PvP should be more moba-like, minus all the fruity shit that mobas have. Just space marines pushing lanes to advance npc imperium troops.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The first one was great and all I ever did was play the campaign one time. If I get that much enjoyment out of purging Xenos scum and most likely a side dish of Heretics then its 100% worth it. As I was cheap and in university I never paid for the first one.

Everything I have seen so far tells me that it's just a step up from the 2011 game. The Tyranid swarming shit looks so good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users