Weather

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
It's because you have to dig deep on the web to find it out but Bowling Green is a immigration depot. Every few years we get the new wave. We have a few thousand Bosnians from 90s, Soviets prior to that, Mexicans filter in all the time, We have Syrians, Iraqis and Somalians in the past 10 years. This city sure loves that federal bonus money. Meanwhile the other 20% is college students and the last remaining 60% is gun touting rednecks.

Yesterday they arrested a mexican student for threatening to kill everyone at the BGHS. About 4 minutes from where I am. You people think I am crazy and gun loving. I got reasons man, tons and tons of reasons.

Small town in East, TX got a group of people with special permits from Burma I think it was. The state department (Hillary) brought them over to work at Tyson chicken plants. Article I read on them said it was a tribe of very isolated people. Short time later article in the paper said school was having problems with them as no one in the tribe could read or write any language. Just the people we need.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Small town in East, TX got a group of people with special permits from Burma I think it was. The state department (Hillary) brought them over to work at Tyson chicken plants. Article I read on them said it was a tribe of very isolated people. Short time later article in the paper said school was having problems with them as no one in the tribe could read or write any language. Just the people we need.
Wasn't that the same group that was denied bathroom breaks and pissed themselves on the line? Look up Tyson bathroom breaks or something. Pretty sure it was.

• 2Like

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My sycamore is probably going to destroy something. Matthew gave it a nice slant and that was like 70mph.
In some cases, it might be wise to bring stuff like that if you have a very strong suspician it will fall, down ahead of time. Especially if it's threatening home, I'd much rather not have my house smashed in even if I have insurance to cover it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Note to self. Buy wood sooner.
The key to preparation is to be prepared. I(we) have become so complacent that I fear the property damage is going to be beyond most's expectation. In a perverse sort of way, I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like when the storm is past, but I'm very worried about my family and kids; mostly worried about the kids being scared. I think everyone will physically be ok.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Oldbased

> Than U
The key to preparation is to be prepared. I(we) have become so complacent that I fear the property damage is going to be beyond most's expectation. In a perverse sort of way, I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like when the storm is past, but I'm very worried about my family and kids; mostly worried about the kids being scared. I think everyone will physically be ok.
Well, everyone can thank whoever stepped on Snek. I don't know who did it but fuck that man twice.

snek.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Trump
Reactions: 3 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's because you have to dig deep on the web to find it out but Bowling Green is a immigration depot. Every few years we get the new wave. We have a few thousand Bosnians from 90s, Soviets prior to that, Mexicans filter in all the time, We have Syrians, Iraqis and Somalians in the past 10 years. This city sure loves that federal bonus money. Meanwhile the other 20% is college students and the last remaining 60% is gun touting rednecks.

Yesterday they arrested a mexican student for threatening to kill everyone at the BGHS. About 4 minutes from where I am. You people think I am crazy and gun loving. I got reasons man, tons and tons of reasons.

I live just 45 minutes south of you, trust me, no I don't haha. Not only that my mom's friend is a school bus driver there (which is weird since we are from northwest Indiana, but small world whatever). We go there often enough to know that place is a powder keg of the wrong kind of diversity, and 231 is a test of your driving mettle because holy god, no one can drive AND the craziness of the 8 lanes right at I 65.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider

Andrew was a total mess in Miami and basically flattened Key Biscayne where I was living. You didn't see barely a single tree standing anywhere, especially on Virginia Key and even as far as Kendall was flattened. I remember almost immediately once the rain stopped the National Guard was moving in to prevent the looters etc. I'm starting to get pretty fucking nervous right now about our property and we're much farther inland in Coral Gables. I would say the worst part of it was not having power besides a generator for 5 days. Everything was muggy, smelly, and borderline moldy with all of the water.

If anyone in South Florida needs last minute shutters today etc I have a guy in Miami, shoot me a PM if you want his contact information.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I know I'm predicted to be on the west side of the storm in Cape Coral, but looking at the track and then looking and seeing shit like this for our area

Hurricane conditions likely. Showery rains containing strong gusty winds and heavy downpours at times. High 81F. Winds N at 70 to 90 mph. Chance of rain 100%. 3 to 5 inches of rain expected.

Doesn't really line up in my head.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Note to self. Buy wood sooner.

It could be a problem during the reconstruction period too. One of my neighbors was in the beginning stages of building a house when Katrina hit and it significantly changed the cost of his house because the price of wood suddenly went way up.

• 2Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
That earthquake video is one of the scariest/craziest things I've ever seen, I had no idea they could last that long.

Be safe my Florida bros, hopefully all is well after the storm and if you guys need any supplies let us know. I'm sure we can get something thrown together for ya, especially some buttplugs.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
My youngest brother and everyone I play fantasy football with lives in/around Deerfield Beach... This might be my year to win it all!

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Lend almost done with the raft he's riding the hurricane out in. Godspeed lend.

AR-161019440.jpg
Needs a fuckton more beer and beef jerky.
Seen much more prediction maps from various news and weather sites. It is shifting more west for now. Good news for Miami, but shifts to much and Tampa is straight in the surge zone of hell.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Needs a fuckton more beer and beef jerky.
Seen much more prediction maps from various news and weather sites. It is shifting more west for now. Good news for Miami, but shifts to much and Tampa is straight in the surge zone of hell.

if it landfalls where it's out isn't that horrible for miami having to that the full brunt of the NE quadrant?

• 1Like