Weather

Oldbased

> Than U
honestly seems fake, he isnt struggling to hold the door open and he doesn't immediately get blown over when he steps past/closes the door without being braced against the wind. I mean it may very well be real, people are definitely that stupid, but it looks really weird to me.
I noticed that the first time it was posted. The only thing I can figure is that the car was slightly angled to keep the pressure off that door. That or a building is shielding it somewhat. If you look it isn't until he steps out 3 or 4 steps that he gets nailed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
honestly seems fake, he isnt struggling to hold the door open and he doesn't immediately get blown over when he steps past/closes the door without being braced against the wind. I mean it may very well be real, people are definitely that stupid, but it looks really weird to me.
Because wind blows uniformly and at a constant speed at all times, huh.

• 1Like

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Edko was one of the smart ones. got out early. Stayed in a good spot with a plan. I'm more concerned if he got to go to Our Deck Down Under and if he did what he ate.

No restaurants. We brought up a freezer full of fish, stone crabs and steaks. Trying to get these people to eat our food since I really don't want to take so much back, whenever that will be.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
prob one of the best vids of naples right now -- water flowing through the streets was not there 5 minutes ago, storm surge inc

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
marathon 10-15 underwater peeps who filmed this maybe dead by now

Brother-in-law texted from Marathon this morning "we're OK" (lied to his own mother about leaving ffs). My wife texted back that the eye was just hitting, but he never responded. We hope he didn't go out thinking the storm had passed. Concern level rising.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
prob one of the best vids of naples right now -- water flowing through the streets was not there 5 minutes ago, storm surge inc

Super trippy eyewall going over this spot right now I think cause sun just came out and wind almost completely died. Was going bat shit 5 mins ago.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Super trippy eyewall going over this spot right now I think cause sun just came out and wind almost completely died. Was going bat shit 5 mins ago.

lol they are now showing this stream on the weatherchannel, holy fuck the news and WC is such garbage shit to watch, stream + forums is way to go by far.

• 2Like

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Putting together a list of shit for when we are allowed to return.

Beer
Canned food
Water/Gatorade

Going to buy a chain saw and a bunch of deck screws (brought my dewalt tools with me) so we can get down there and start helping people get their shit ( and possibly mine) habitable.

Sort of uncertain as what else would be handy besides essentials, tools and gas but I have the boat in tow for a decent amount of storage. Taking suggestions.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Destiny's Paw

Golden Squire
Brother-in-law texted from Marathon this morning "we're OK" (lied to his own mother about leaving ffs). My wife texted back that the eye was just hitting, but he never responded. We hope he didn't go out thinking the storm had passed. Concern level rising.
It would appear that the hurricane had past if you never experienced the eye before.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Putting together a list of shit for when we are allowed to return.

Beer
Canned food
Water/Gatorade

Going to buy a chain saw and a bunch of deck screws (brought my dewalt tools with me) so we can get down there and start helping people get their shit ( and possibly mine) habitable.

Sort of uncertain as what else would be handy besides essentials, tools and gas but I have the boat in tow for a decent amount of storage. Taking suggestions.
3 streamers I saw in Keys before shit went dark said anyone returning, no matter how they get back should bring fuel.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Disabled on my end.....

Not missing much. The reporter just said "The wind sort of weaponizes the water", no shit sherlock. All those people taking selfies and stuff out in the wind I keep waiting to see a lawn chair from 50 miles away land on their face.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf