Weather

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Getting tired of CNN's autistic-level coverage of this Hurricane. Just bumped Fareed Zakaria GPS with repetitive, disinteresting, uninformative coverage.

Disrupting Meet the Press, too -_-

The alternative is repetitive, disinteresting, uninformative coverage of Donald Trump.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Oldbased

> Than U
The alternative is repetitive, disinteresting, uninformative coverage of Donald Trump.
2 hurricanes and a quake in Mexico that have combined together killed as many Americans as a weekender in Chicago proves global warming is real CNN analyst say*.

*Hurricanes in the US are still currently below average for the past decade as are worldwide severe earthquakes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
ABOUT 80 MI...125 KM SSE OF NAPLES FLORIDA
ABOUT 115 MI...180 KM SSE OF FT. MYERS FLORIDA
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...130 MPH...215 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...N OR 350 DEGREES AT 9 MPH...15 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...933 MB...27.55 INCHES

Hurricane-force winds extend outward up to 80 miles (130 km) from
the center and tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to 220
miles (350 km). A 120 mph (193 km/h) gust was recently reported at
the National Key Deer Refuge in Big Pine Key. A sustained wind of
62 mph (100 km/h) with a gust of 94 mph (151 km/h) was reported at
the Federal Aviation Administration station at Miami International
Airport. A pressure of 940 mb (27.75 inches) was measured in the
calm of the eye on Upper Sugarloaf Key.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
My sister who stayed in North cape coral called to tell us that apparently the water pulled out and you can literally walk from Pine Island to Sanibel Island

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
If this had been 50 miles more west that story would be much different.

Also hurricane force winds are starting to leave the keys now but it'll be TS force rest of the day. Appears many places did get both water sucked out and 3-5 feet of surge. Saw a report that Marathon High School had 3 feet of water. Saw another video on BBC where Key Largo had the no water for far as you could see effect.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
If this had been 50 miles more west that story would be much different.

Also hurricane force winds are starting to leave the keys now but it'll be TS force rest of the day. Appears many places did get both water sucked out and 3-5 feet of surge. Saw a report that Marathon High School had 3 feet of water. Saw another video on BBC where Key Largo had the no water for far as you could see effect.

As I understand it during a hurricane water getting sucked out is a good thing when it comes to the surge, means the surge will have to fill that empty stuff before it gets onto land.

• 1Like

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
In the US I just picture NOAA as two old guys in overalls in the rocking chairs on the porch. "Storms a comin" "Yup".

After being in it for a few months.... in some ways yeap. Building is more focused on leaving anti trump stuff everywhere and meetings on benefits under a trump admin. Overheard some convo between some big private industry execs and noa as they were leaving and then post departure. Essentially noaa folks were peeved that they had been blunt about "Shit sucks" re some of their models or other practices or something. (weeks ago)

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
JLxXHIp.png

trollface.jpg

• 1Like

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I'm in clearwater, hangin out. Seeing good gems like this on fb:

just glad i dont live in downtown miami:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
I'm in clearwater, hangin out. Seeing good gems like this on fb:

just glad i dont live in downtown miami:

You laugh but I used to live on a dead end street that was low and had a drain. If I didn't sweep shit away from it my yard flooded every thunderstorm. Sometimes up to the porch.

• 1Like